What oil will you be running after your 1st oil change?

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I'm purchasing a Ranger in the Spring. The day it comes home, I'm switching everything over to Amsoil. Engine oil, transmission, diffs, antifreeze, brake fluid, power steering, everything. I'm even undercoating it with their MPHD.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm purchasing a Ranger in the Spring. The day it comes home, I'm switching everything over to Amsoil. Engine oil, transmission, diffs, antifreeze, brake fluid, power steering, everything. I'm even undercoating it with their MPHD.
You're punking us... Take off you hoser!

You might want to check the oil in the muffler bearings too.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
You're punking us... Take off you hoser!

You might want to check the oil in the muffler bearings too.
LOL, careful, it's a wholly owned American company, that's still actually making its product on U.S. soil. As a Canadian, you should be happy I'm buying it.
I won't bother with muffler bearings but I will keeping tabs on the bumper sprockets.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Your truck, your money, don't forget the decal so everyone knows your a fan. ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
LOL, careful, it's a wholly owned American company, that's still actually making its product on U.S. soil. As a Canadian, you should be happy I'm buying it.
I won't bother with muffler bearings but I will keeping tabs on the bumper sprockets.
It's the lack of API certification that keeps me from even considering using AMSOIL. They say it meets API SN Plus ... but my understanding is it's not certified.

Addressing AMSOIL & API Licensing

Last edited:

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
It's the lack of API certification that keeps me from even considering using AMSOIL. They say it meets API SN Plus ... but my understanding is it's not certified.

I hear what your saying. It costs a lot of money to get that stamp. The API stamp just says that the oil meets the minimum standards . Same as having Dexos# stamped on the bottle. The manufacturer gets paid just to have that done. Amsoils OE line has the API stamp. The XL and Signature Series have more additives and detergents and out performs the OE for longevity.
Amsoil offers a 1 year warranty on the oil as well and will replace the motor if the oil was the cause of the failure.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I actually save using it. Only one oil change a year in 20 000 miles, and 9% fuel savings. And I have 4 stickers plastered on ?
Concur, best part is the fact you only have to change it once a year.I have 4 vehicles that I do my own oil changes on. Huge time and cost savings.
Brian

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Concur, best part is the fact you only have to change it once a year.I have 4 vehicles that I do my own oil changes on. Huge time and cost savings.
Brian
You can do the same thing with Mobil 1 Annual Protection but if you're going 20,000 miles, you are voiding your warranty. But I guess since you're running non API certified oil, you're not worried about warranty issues.

Last edited:

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
You can do the same thing with Mobil 1 Annual Protection... but if you're going 20,000 miles, you are voiding your warranty. But I guess since you're running non API certified oil, you're not worried about warranty issues.
20 years or running Amsoil in everything I own and zero issues plus it’s made in USA. Win win as far as I’m concerned.
I’m sure Mobil one is good oil as well, I just chose to use Amsoil.
Brian

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
20 years or running Amsoil in everything I own and zero issues plus it’s made in USA. Win win as far as I’m concerned.
I’m sure Mobil one is good oil as well, I just chose to use Amsoil.
Brian
So your ok with voiding your warranty?

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
So your ok with voiding your warranty?
Sir, I’m not sure what you have against Amsoil, and while it certainly is fun on these forums to have healthy debate I chose to not make it into something personal. That said yes I will still be using Amsoil.
Brian

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Sir, I’m not sure what you have against Amsoil, and while it certainly is fun on these forums to have healthy debate I chose to not make it into something personal. That said yes I will still be using Amsoil.
Brian
It's a product that, if used on a 5th Generation Ranger, will void your warranty... that's what I have against it. And I just wanted to ensure you knew that.

Have a great day.

As a side note Mobil 1 is API Certified, and therefore won't void your warranty. And it too, like Amsoil, is made in the USA.

2019 Ranger Owners Manual - Fourth Printing - Page 323 - API Certified.png

Last edited:

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
It's a product that, if used on a 5th Generation Ranger, will void your warranty... that's what I have against it. And I just wanted to ensure you knew that.

Have a great day.

As a side note Mobil 1 is API Certified, and therefore won't void your warranty. And it too, like Amsoil, is made in the USA.

2019 Ranger Owners Manual - Fourth Printing - Page 323 - API Certified.png
Copy that, thanks for the info.
Brian

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer

You don't have to worry. Amsoil has always been way ahead of the API. Way ahead.
Generally speaking, API is a industry self imposed label. It's like letting the fox regulate the hen house.
https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/motor-oil/articles/api-sn-plus-is-here/
Sponsored