First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
All my previous Ford trucks have been dark blue metallic (3) with the exception of a white '91 Ranger S/Cab which I bought used.
I purposely held out on special ordering a 2019 with hopes that Ford would feature a dark blue for the 2020 models, no such luck.
So I went the complete opposite of the color spectrum and sprung for a '20 S/Cab done in Rapid Red Tri-coat, I like it and have had many compliments on it.
A buddy of mine who owns a body shop here told me that tri-coat hues are difficult to match for touch ups, he also said that quad-coats are downright impossible. He explained the painting process to me, no wonder Ford charges extra for tri-coat colors.
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Am I the only one that heavily despises blue?

Everything is blue. Blue is everybodys favorite color. Ford blue, blue jeans, this forum is blue, blue light filter, the sky is blue, water is blue, windows 10 is blue. BLUE BLUE BLUE!:explode:

I need to calm down. :oops:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Everything is blue. Blue is everybodys favorite color. Ford blue, blue jeans, this forum is blue, blue light filter, the sky is blue, water is blue, windows 10 is blue. BLUE BLUE BLUE!:explode:

Hahaha, mostly the "everything is blue" comes from the scientific studies that blue is a calming color, thus lots of people want to use it. The blue light filter is purposeful as that's the harshest light on our eyes.

The rest of this was hilarious. Just breathe! haha.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Lol, have a beer bud, at least it's not blue...but then you're in Wisconsin, anything is possible there when it comes to beer! :beer: :crackup: :beer: :crackup:

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
I would have been okay with anything but white. The local dealer with the best incentives did not have a ton of Rangers in inventory when I was hunting for a deal (December 2019). I was basically limited to Lightning Blue or Magnetic in the trim/options we wanted. My wife did not like the blue so that made the decision pretty easy.

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mauve you say?
IMO that color does well on "foo-foo" cars such as the Nash Metropolitan, 1st. gen Honda Prelude, Geo Metro convertible, etc...lol :shock:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wish they had a dark forest green. Kinda like chevys rain forest green.

1597868821895.png

?
That's a handsome color and would have been my pick for my 2020 had Ford offered something similar in lieu of a dark metallic blue.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they had a dark forest green. Kinda like chevys rain forest green.

1597868821895.png

?
The green they have in the Bronco I think is gorgeous. Something just a bit lighter than the "Guard" color they had in the Mustang. I agree, it would've been nice.

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The green they have in the Bronco I think is gorgeous. Something just a bit lighter than the "Guard" color they had in the Mustang. I agree, it would've been nice.
My Dad's first new car was a '65 Mustang notch done in "Dark Ivy Green metallic" with black interior trim, some of the neighborhood kids were envious that we owned a Mustang at all!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
If they had had a green available, I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten one, even if I'd had to pay more for an upgraded trim level. Something different, to be sure.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
A buddy of mine who owns a body shop here told me that tri-coat hues are difficult to match for touch ups, he also said that quad-coats are downright impossible. He explained the painting process to me, no wonder Ford charges extra for tri-coat colors.
So that probably explains why I’m still waiting for the Hot Pepper touch up I had to order from the dealer going on 3 months ago ?

I had to get black for my Escape, which they had in stock, but they had to order the HPR. I don’t need it right now (/knocks wood), but figured I may as well get it since I was there.