First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
The best color is the one on your own Ranger.

I wanted a monochromatic look and did not care for the Black package wheels so magnetic on magnetic works for me.
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
The best is silver, as that is the color of my previous gen Ranger that I drove for 16 and a half years.

However, magnetic is a close second. Since magnetic is what the dealer had with the options and price I wanted, magnetic is what I got this time around.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Its hard for me to choose because I actually like a lot of the colors offered, except for black and white. I was going to go with Magnetic but when we were on the lot my wife said you already have a car in a similar color and your other one is silverish...do something different. She pointed out the L. Blue w/ the Fx4 package and I actually loved it in person. However when I had the truck pulled from their over flow lot...there was a Saber that caught my eye! Really liked that color but it didn't have the package I wanted.

I really like the L. Blue and it's nice since I never go that route. It's hard to vote but I am happy I went with blue.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big fan of color colors. Not the grayscale. I know a lot of you white, black, and magnetic peeps will vehemently disagree. But it stems from walking out into almost any parking lot and just seeing this sea of gray scale vehicles all looking almost the same, and just how boring that is to me. There's no fun, or happiness, or expression. Again, I understand you can make it fun and expressive. But with so many vehicles on the road with the same tone, you have to put some work into it.

My color preferences are therefore Saber, Blue, and Hot Pepper Red. And they all pretty much are equal in my mind. I could've chosen any other them when I purchased. I was originally leaning towards the blue, but on the day I decided to get a little adventurous and get the Saber. Don't regret it at all.
Same. My office parking lot is almost entirely grayscale and I love having something that stands out in the crowd.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The question has been asked wrong.

It's all about which color is the fastest.

Obviously Hot Pepper Red, so it's really just a race for 2nd place.

:D
Magnetic is the Stealthiest...and it's winning in the poll:)

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I actually think they did a good job with all the colors, but partial to magnetic.:punch:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I'm a big fan of color colors. Not the grayscale. I know a lot of you white, black, and magnetic peeps will vehemently disagree. But it stems from walking out into almost any parking lot and just seeing this sea of gray scale vehicles all looking almost the same, and just how boring that is to me. There's no fun, or happiness, or expression. Again, I understand you can make it fun and expressive. But with so many vehicles on the road with the same tone, you have to put some work into it.

My color preferences are therefore Saber, Blue, and Hot Pepper Red. And they all pretty much are equal in my mind. I could've chosen any other them when I purchased. I was originally leaning towards the blue, but on the day I decided to get a little adventurous and get the Saber. Don't regret it at all.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
..and it's Lightning Blue for the lead

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Did the same , blue or saber ? Thought saber was too dark on cloudy day . The hn compared it to the blue on a sunny day . Went with saber sure not sorry .

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
I really, really wanted Lightning Blue when I was in the market. Just couldn't make it happen - I very much like my Oxford White truck though. Never owned a white vehicle in my life - pleasantly surprised.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I really, really wanted Lightning Blue when I was in the market. Just couldn't make it happen - I very much like my Oxford White truck though. Never owned a white vehicle in my life - pleasantly surprised.
Hi RG,

Oxford white dates back to the days of Orville and Wilbur launching their first Aeroplane.... A very popular color. Also one of the cheapest from a factory cost to paint a Ranger. Chrome Yellow was the most expensive. Cost per vehicle at the time was about $90 for Oxford white and Chrome Yellow was about $130... Bean counters wanted to drop Chrome Yellow, and I blew them off...Take rate did not support pure deletion...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I would not consider the Oxford White part of the grey scale of colors (technically it is) but the white pops out against the majority of other colors and I have no problem finding my truck in a parking lot - love the color and it doesn't show the daily dirt as most from the distances.
Sponsored