What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
That's platinum right? So much better than Oxford white. It looks almost creamy, is that how it looks in person too? I heard it is shiny with specs in it. I need to see one in person.
I love it. Nothing against Oxford White, I like plain white, but it makes me think of a refrigerator. ? The Platinum is a bit warm, but not so much as to look beigy. It’s a pearlescent so it doesnt look like a metallic, it isn’t shiny like that, more luminous.
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
That's platinum right? So much better than Oxford white. It looks almost creamy, is that how it looks in person too? I heard it is shiny with specs in it. I need to see one in person.
You really do need to see White Platinum in person AND in sunlight. Not easy to capture in photos.

Rather than spend $595 more, I originally planned to order Oxford White. Then one of my test drives was in White Platinum. Parked it in the sun, walked around a few times, then changed our order to White Platinum.

After waiting 5 months for ours to be built (thanks to covid), then finally having our Ranger, haven't thought about the extra $595 even once.

Image 1265.png

Under LED garage lights
Image 1505.png

Edit: One more photo taken in sunlight at the dealer after our Ranger first arrived. This one shows the paint fairly well.
Image 1202.png

Last edited:

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
Rather than spend $595 more, I originally planned to order Oxford White. Then one of my test drives was in White Platinum. Parked it in the sun, walked around a few times, then changed our order to White Platinum.
In my case I was looking for a Lariat within 500km of me that had the fewest number of options except for FX4, and this was it. I would have forced myself to take any colour if it meant saving a couple of thousand on running boards and other stuff I didn’t need, but this one only had one option, WP. I have fond memories of Pearl White Audis from the 80s so it spoke to me, lol. I also like the monotone of the “base” lariat i,e, without different colour bumper bottoms and wheel arches. I mean it looks cool with that too, just not my preference. Only thing I wish I could change was the grill, not a fan of chrome. Thinking of wrapping it in WP vinyl.

About to desticker it will post more pics soon.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
btw, I think the extended cab looks really cool in white platinum. have a family or would have gone that route.I read they don’t even offer that combo in Canada.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
You really do need to see White Platinum in person AND in sunlight. Not easy to capture in photos.
^^^ This - You can't truly appreciate White Platinum unless you see it in the sunlight - it kind of glows due to pearl and metallic in it. It is a subtle color, but I figured if I was going to do white, I'd do a "fancy" white - it has worked out really well for me. I bought it to hide the pinstriping I get when driving the narrow Forest Service roads - almost 18 months in, it is holding up well. I have a few pinstripes but they are REALLY hard to see with the white.

I love some of the other colors, but for me, this was a practical choice. My first white vehicle and I'm very happy with the choice.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
I bought it to hide the pinstriping I get when driving the narrow Forest Service roads - almost 18 months in, it is holding up well. I have a few pinstripes but they are REALLY hard to see with the white.
I was thinking this too! White is hardest paint, thinking that even if the tri coat got scratched it would likely just scratch down to the white layer which would be almost impossible to see. Traded in our black flex and lived in fear of hitting branches on our narrow back roads - not to mention ground clearance. It’s why we got the Ranger in first place.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I dunno for sure what shade of white mine is, but at $11k off sticker I probably still would have bought in turd tone brown.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
^^^ This - You can't truly appreciate White Platinum unless you see it in the sunlight - it kind of glows due to pearl and metallic in it....
Not a sunny day here, but perhaps this will highlight difference with Oxford White. It catches light differently but hard to see much difference outside of direct light.

DSCF8729-7.jpg

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
The truck was built on 10/17/2019.

As far price just realize that at this point that truck is just about 3 model years old. Even though it is new, you will lose those years of depreciation which should be factored into the price. A 2020 would have lost one less year of depreciation.
I concur. I'd low ball them and settle for maybe 34-35 MAX. Expecially since this truck does not have the FX4 package. I just paid after discounts and rebates and everything about $40,700 for a new new (built this week) Lariat FX4 w/ 501a.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Purchased this past May, 2019 dealer demo with 700 miles. Was looking for 3 months using autotrader and not finding dealers willing to deal much, so looked at a few other dealers not listing on autotrader and found my Ranger at one. Just happy that it worked out because car buying process remains distasteful and from a time perspective wasteful.

AdmiralBenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Hi New friends. I've been watching this site for a bit now and looking for some insight. I'm looking for my first Ford vehicle and first truck and looking at the ranger. I haven't bought a vehicle in over 10 years and I'm not sure what kind of room I can move the pricing needle.
Looking for:
2019-2020 SuperCab (I want the 6'bed for build out), Heated seats, and FX4 stuff.
I think that means I need the 302A, and FX4 package. It's looking like Pricing puts it at about $37K. I did sign up for xplan pricing through the mustang club deal and that's quoting $36K. The lariat Xplan looks like ~$35K... It seems like the Xplan isn't that great... I was thinking I'd be able to talk down to $32K for the pricing before incentives and the destination/taxes etc... Xplan is touted as a crazy good deal and about as low as a price I can get, but if I can only reduce pricing by $1K... it seems like there isn't much I can do to get a better deal? Am I missing something? Is it realistic that I can can find a better deal than X Plan? thanks in advance for your help.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi New friends. I've been watching this site for a bit now and looking for some insight. I'm looking for my first Ford vehicle and first truck and looking at the ranger. I haven't bought a vehicle in over 10 years and I'm not sure what kind of room I can move the pricing needle.
Looking for:
2019-2020 SuperCab (I want the 6'bed for build out), Heated seats, and FX4 stuff.
I think that means I need the 302A, and FX4 package. It's looking like Pricing puts it at about $37K. I did sign up for xplan pricing through the mustang club deal and that's quoting $36K. The lariat Xplan looks like ~$35K... It seems like the Xplan isn't that great... I was thinking I'd be able to talk down to $32K for the pricing before incentives and the destination/taxes etc... Xplan is touted as a crazy good deal and about as low as a price I can get, but if I can only reduce pricing by $1K... it seems like there isn't much I can do to get a better deal? Am I missing something? Is it realistic that I can can find a better deal than X Plan? thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Benny,

X plan is approximately 0.5% above dealer invoice, and the dealer must show you the invoice...the X Plan price is posted in a little box on the invoice along with the pricing for A/Z plan which I get and which is 2.5% below dealer invoice. X plan gives you a good starting point and incentives are applied to the X plan pricing as well as any financing rate incentives. So Dealer might be willing to give you some of their holdback... You will have to compare your pricing and negotiating skills.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

winmag4582001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
9-16-20
MSRP $38749 2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Out the door with tax and all, $37,640. (tax here is 8.5%)
$5k down and $544.08x60 @ 0%
Overall it was a OK deal. If it was any more than that I'd be on the Tacoma forum right now. :LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited: