What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
My wife and I were speculating - coming from states - that it might also be a cultural thing. Deals seem to be a lot more straightforward up here and I think people avoid the confrontation of hard core negotiation; thats a massive generalization of course.
Sponsored

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
I just purchased my 2020 Ranger XLT 4WD FX4 for a little over 32k. Thats not counting taxes, down payment, etc. Was formally the showroom vehicle and had been driven around a bit so it had 700 miles on it. But it came with a sprayed in bed as well.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I just purchased my 2020 Ranger XLT 4WD FX4 for a little over 32k. Thats not counting taxes, down payment, etc. Was formally the showroom vehicle and had been driven around a bit so it had 700 miles on it. But it came with a sprayed in bed as well.
Pics Collin pics we are little kids that like to see all them colors:LOL:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
My bad! Almost forgot! Just picked it up saturday! Been raining since so havent been able to play with it too much yet.

IMG_1280.jpeg
Wow that is such a good feeling and you are so HAPPY really glad for YOU :clap::)☺

prenetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4
I just paid $42,345 for a 2020 fully loaded XLT (new) here in the Pacific Northwest. After taxes and fees it was $47,465. After reading this thread I feel like I may have gotten a bit ripped off. Perhaps not terribly so, but I definitely left some money on the table. The "list price" aka "if you're dumb enough not to ask price" was about $6,000 more pre-tax.

I didn't appreciate the high-pressure, rushed sale on commission; negotiating really isn't my thing but it's not like you have a choice with the domestic Big Three. Apparently these vehicles have been flying out the door now that people are settled into the current state of affairs with COVID-19, so I didn't have a lot of leverage. I did manage to get 0.9% APR, but had I purchased a few months prior it'd have been 0%.

At least I like the truck. Learned a few things to look out for next time I guess. :)

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just paid $42,345 for a 2020 fully loaded XLT (new) here in the Pacific Northwest. After taxes and fees it was $47,465. After reading this thread I feel like I may have gotten a bit ripped off. Perhaps not terribly so, but I definitely left some money on the table. The "list price" aka "if you're dumb enough not to ask price" was about $6,000 more pre-tax.

I didn't appreciate the high-pressure, rushed sale on commission; negotiating really isn't my thing but it's not like you have a choice with the domestic Big Three. Apparently these vehicles have been flying out the door now that people are settled into the current state of affairs with COVID-19, so I didn't have a lot of leverage. I did manage to get 0.9% APR, but had I purchased a few months prior it'd have been 0%.

At least I like the truck. Learned a few things to look out for next time I guess. :)
The list price on an XLT was 48k? That must have had some dealer add-ons. I'm not sure how you get an XLT to 48k - I just tried on the online pricing and got an XLT up to 44k but couldn't find a way to get it any higher than that.

There are dealers where you don't get the high pressure routine. I'd say they are more common now. There are SO MANY ways you can purchase a vehicle these days it isn't worth it (to me - some people like the negotiations part) to deal with the old school tactics. If a dealer does the high pressure thing with me I walk.

The dealer I bought from was great. I ordered my Ranger, they didn't try and upsell me on anything - I got exactly what I wanted, no high pressure, nothing extra. And I used X-Plan so I saved a reasonable amount - plus a few rebates that were available at the time. Another good option is to use the Costco auto program (if you are a Costco member). Pricing for that was almost identical to X-Plan.

Glad you like the truck!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

There are some of us (me) who may not have gotten the best deal we possibly could have had we waited a bit. I was extremely excited , & March 2019 was as long as I was willing to wait. Will I ever pay this much for another vehicle? Heck no! Do I love my Ranger? You better believe it! :inlove:No regrets here. Look forward and enjoy your Ranger! Congratulations! :clap:

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Capture.PNG

What would you guys recommend paying for this? They've got it priced at 36.5 on the site. It's a new 2019, listed at 0 miles but probably has a couple. Also, at the top where it says "BLEND" that's the build date right? How do you read that? Is it March 2019? Then what's 1017?

So forget about tax, if I pay cash, would 34k be a good offer? Or offer 32-33 and then have them counter higher and settle at 34-35? How much would the 2019 year affect the price over a 2020? Thanks.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Capture.PNG

What would you guys recommend paying for this? They've got it priced at 36.5 on the site. It's a new 2019, listed at 0 miles but probably has a couple. Also, at the top where it says "BLEND" that's the build date right? How do you read that? Is it March 2019? Then what's 1017?

So forget about tax, if I pay cash, would 34k be a good offer? Or offer 32-33 and then have them counter higher and settle at 34-35? How much would the 2019 year affect the price over a 2020? Thanks.
The truck was built on 10/17/2019.

As far price just realize that at this point that truck is just about 3 model years old. Even though it is new, you will lose those years of depreciation which should be factored into the price. A 2020 would have lost one less year of depreciation.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
The truck was built on 10/17/2019.

As far price just realize that at this point that truck is just about 3 model years old. Even though it is new, you will lose those years of depreciation which should be factored into the price. A 2020 would have lost one less year of depreciation.
Word, that sounds good. Also, there is absolutely zero difference between this and an identical build 2020, correct? Or the 2020 changes a button layout here or a stitching there or whatever? I realize a couple colors were offered differently but as far as this specific equipped vehicle, it's identical to a 2020?

How much would a year of depreciation be worth? (Not a years worth of wear and tear and 12k miles, I have heard that is worth 15-20% for the first year, 10-15% for subsequent years). But a year sitting on the lot, unpurchased, unused. $1,000? 2,000? To me it doesn't seem to make much of a difference besides resale if the models are completely identical. It's exactly the kind of "discount" that would be more appealing. Thanks.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Word, that sounds good. Also, there is absolutely zero difference between this and an identical build 2020, correct? Or the 2020 changes a button layout here or a stitching there or whatever? I realize a couple colors were offered differently but as far as this specific equipped vehicle, it's identical to a 2020?

How much would a year of depreciation be worth? (Not a years worth of wear and tear and 12k miles, I have heard that is worth 15-20% for the first year, 10-15% for subsequent years). But a year sitting on the lot, unpurchased, unused. $1,000? 2,000? To me it doesn't seem to make much of a difference besides resale if the models are completely identical. It's exactly the kind of "discount" that would be more appealing. Thanks.
There is nothing significant at all between the 2019 and 2020 models - the 2020's had a few "cost reduction" items that were removed but they were all small. Some color changes as you said and I think they might have introduced a new package - but the existing packages are essentially the same - I think they included Sync 3 on one of the XLT packages that they didn't do in 2019.

The depreciation isn't going to significantly differ whether you have zero miles or 12,000 miles, IMO. It is what you would lose when you go to sell it. Right or wrong, that is what the market has decided. If you intend to keep it long term, it isn't a huge deal I don't think. If you intend to trade/sell after 2 or 3 years it will be a much larger deal. As has been stated here many times - if you are happy with the deal you make then that is all that matters.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I’m no pricing expert, but I think most used buyers are pretty aware of model year changes. If youre selling the truck in say 2024 and someone sees your truck with same or fewer miles than an equivalent 2020, I think practically speaking you won’t have any trouble selling it for close to same price. Where it might come in is trade in evaluation but even then you will benefit from fact that your truck has fewer miles than most 2019s. So to me, if I could get a 2019 for around 2k less than 2020 I think it would make sense.
Sponsored