What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

865RangerVol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Dude, if you pulled that off right now when inventory is low you did fantastic, was that with trade and down payment ?? I thought I had just about everyone beat with black Friday 2019 $25,600 XLT 4x4....
I got 3,500 in rebates. The rest was talked down. I’m a big numbers guy. What can I say?
Sponsored

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I got 3,500 in rebates. The rest was talked down. I’m a big numbers guy. What can I say?
Good work man, seeing alot of numbers for new rigs that are just painful...and surely there are those who can afford to do whatever, but I wouldn't have bought mine without the huge rebates and dealer discount....

Fin

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic Ranger XLT
Occupation
semi-retired
Guess I did get a good deal back in end of May in Baltimorewith $6500 off msrp. No Sept deals? But double that off on a 2020 is hard to believe. That would top ALL deals listed on several threads since the 2019 was introduced.

Still would like to see the contract for more info o what incentives were given.
You have outstanding deals in your area with Koons and Ted Britts there.

JwRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
37,830 for magnetic crew cab Lariat - no appearance package. Has tow package and a bed liner. Basically $500 over dealer invoice. No rebates due to using the 0% offer.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
37,830 for magnetic crew cab Lariat - no appearance package. Has tow package and a bed liner. Basically $500 over dealer invoice. No rebates due to using the 0% offer.
What was the sticker price?

JwRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
What was the sticker price?
38,770 - so it was only a $1,000 below MSRP - there are so few Rangers out there right now (California). The big summer “sale” is only offering $1,000 in rebates which is why the 0% APR made sense.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
38,770 - so it was only a $1,000 below MSRP - there are so few Rangers out there right now (California). The big summer “sale” is only offering $1,000 in rebates which is why the 0% APR made sense.
Ya best I can find right now is around 10% off MSRP here in the Midwest.. I don't need to purchase until around February when my son turns 16.. So I am holding off for a better price..

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I always get a kick out of a thread like this. My Dad used to say, "Son, the first liar doesn't stand a chance". He's been gone a long time but I still agree with him.

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I ordered one and it should be to the dealer by Mid October and im getting kinda antsy lol.. They have a 19 Lariat with all the things you said minus Running boards and tonneau cover.. I thank you for your info on what you paid because I might try to go in and see what I can work out with them for the leftover 2019 since it has been sitting on the lot for months now.. I know It has every option that I had on my build order except a spray in bedliner but that is easy enough to do.. I might go in tomorrow and see what I can wheel and deal with them on.. Thanks for a baseline price to try to start out with them for..
Of course, happy to help! Definitely go in with an aggressive offer since MY2021s will have order banks open soon. If it has everything you want then I say go for it and use the savings to pay for running boards and the cover later on since those are easy to come by.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I always get a kick out of a thread like this. My Dad used to say, "Son, the first liar doesn't stand a chance". He's been gone a long time but I still agree with him.
So by that you mean people are lying about how good a deal they got? With the exception of Mr. > 30% off MSRP (11.5k off), who else would be lying?

The way I see it, either you're right, people are saying they got better deals than they did, or they are right and maybe you and others are suckers who simply overpaid because you bought into some salesman's bs about how their inventory problems mean you should get gouged (or whatever).

Being in the market currently, it would be great to know which is true. Or perhaps, like many things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe that one guy lied or got some unicorn deal, but most people are getting around 20% off MSRP which is the "good deal" territory, and then some people are paying basically invoice pricing which is the "not so good deal" territory.

Life is full of mysteries...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So by that you mean people are lying about how good a deal they got? With the exception of Mr. > 30% off MSRP (11.5k off), who else would be lying?

The way I see it, either you're right, people are saying they got better deals than they did, or they are right and maybe you and others are suckers who simply overpaid because you bought into some salesman's bs about how their inventory problems mean you should get gouged (or whatever).

Being in the market currently, it would be great to know which is true. Or perhaps, like many things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe that one guy lied or got some unicorn deal, but most people are getting around 20% off MSRP which is the "good deal" territory, and then some people are paying basically invoice pricing which is the "not so good deal" territory.

Life is full of mysteries...
I think you are right, the truth (as in many things in life) lies somewhere in the middle.

My advice would be to negotiate a deal you are happy with and not worry about what others got. You know what you want to pay, what you feel something is worth, and if you are happy with what you negotiated that should be all that matters. There are a LOT of variables that can go into what kind of deal you can make when buying a vehicle.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I think you are right, the truth (as in many things in life) lies somewhere in the middle.

My advice would be to negotiate a deal you are happy with and not worry about what others got. You know what you want to pay, what you feel something is worth, and if you are happy with what you negotiated that should be all that matters. There are a LOT of variables that can go into what kind of deal you can make when buying a vehicle.
And negotiate that deal on the truck you'll be happy with. Great deals mean little if we're not satisfied with the product. Especially for long term purchases.

First, I decided on my list of requirements, then went shopping. I could have compromised and saved a few dollars by buying a lesser in stock truck off a lot. Rather than be disappointed later, I ordered exactly what I wanted . . . and waited . . . and waited . . .

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
Howdy, new here. Just picked up a ranger on Friday. Probably not the best of deals but it was about what I was willing to pay for the features I wanted.

2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4 with tow package and running boards
$35.8k TTL

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy, new here. Just picked up a ranger on Friday. Probably not the best of deals but it was about what I was willing to pay for the features I wanted.

2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4 with tow package and running boards
$35.8k TTL
Hi John,

Welcome to these forums! It can be a wallet changing experience if you go the Mod route!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
I’ve had mine for a couple of months but here’s the details...

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Shadow Black w/ Sandstone interior
501A Tech package
Towing package
Spray in bed liner
7,999 miles at time of purchase
Out the Door price $28,500
Sponsored