What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks. Yeah I would definitely not class myself as an audio snob. For example I use bose soundlink headphones whenever I exercise and they sound great to me. I know some people consider that "premium sound" but I've read plenty of audio snobs say bose sucks so I don't know. Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah that's true. I consider that stuff optional not mandatory though. It would be nice to have but I have never had any of it before so I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker. I think you can add all of that stuff aftermarket (with the exception of the adaptive cruise control?) for a comparable price so I guess I can add good sound later if I'm unhappy and I know the remote start kit is something like 200 bucks. Not sure about the wipers, frankly never even heard of those before this.

I considered the wipers gimmicky but maybe I'm wrong. I know I swapped to keyless entry/push button start about 5 years ago and I'm NEVER going back. One of the main reasons I started looking at the Ranger over the Canyon actually. So many people in the Canyon forums saying dumb stuff like "hOw HaRd iS It tO tUrN a KeY???". It's not hard, but if you're carrying stuff or wearing coats, gloves, etc, a lot of the time it's inconvenient to have to fish out the key from your pocket just to push a button that is totally unnecessary. Even worse that the key isn't attached to the FOB so the FOB smacks against the steering column any time you go over a bump. In a Denali trim level? Come on....

So yeah, I can see your points. I guess I'll keep an open mind. I am most concerned with getting at least a Lariat 4x4 and I want to get a good deal. So if I can get a good deal for one with a tech package, I just might do that. Thanks for everyone's feedback!
I would love my Ranger if it was bare bones! It's just a great truck. I have never had all that fancy stuff & would not have missed it. But, I have really enjoyed it since I bought the truck. I think you will love the Ranger whichever package you choose! :turkey: :)
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would love my Ranger if it was bare bones! It's just a great truck. I have never had all that fancy stuff & would not have missed it. But, I have really enjoyed it since I bought the truck. I think you will love the Ranger whichever package you choose! :turkey: :)
Same here. I've never had all these sensors and tech features but now that I have them it will be hard not to get them again in the future. Kind of like the tailgate damper. Once you have one you can't live without one! :lipssealed:?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I've never had all these sensors and tech features but now that I have them it will be hard not to get them again in the future. Kind of like the tailgate damper. Once you have one you can't live without one! :lipssealed:?
Ditto - first world problems for sure. I've never had a lot of the stuff my Ranger has and now that I have it, I don't want to go back. I love the push button start and the keyless entry. I only wish the tailgate handle had a sensor in it. That is about the only time I pull my fob out of my pocket anymore.

wilb3287

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500, 2020 Lariat FX4 on order
Occupation
Farmer
Just joined the Ranger group about two weeks ago when I picked up a leftover 2019

Model: 2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Specs: Ingot Silver exterior, Medium Stone interior, 501A, FX4 Off-Road Package, Sport Appearance Package, Trailer Tow Package, 5" Running Boards, Hard Folding Tonneau Cover, White-Wall Tires

MSRP: $46,045
Price Before TTL: $37,500

50280542862_71c7a56fbf_h.jpg
I ordered one and it should be to the dealer by Mid October and im getting kinda antsy lol.. They have a 19 Lariat with all the things you said minus Running boards and tonneau cover.. I thank you for your info on what you paid because I might try to go in and see what I can work out with them for the leftover 2019 since it has been sitting on the lot for months now.. I know It has every option that I had on my build order except a spray in bedliner but that is easy enough to do.. I might go in tomorrow and see what I can wheel and deal with them on.. Thanks for a baseline price to try to start out with them for..

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My sticker was $43k and I paid $35k, that was on 1/1/20. I'd say go wheel and deal, but don't forget that there aren't a lot of cars coming in, so it might be hard to do that.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I just joined the Ranger Family. With a 2020 XLT 4x4 301a with black appearance package. Sticker price was 37. I got it for 24,500. I already love my ranger more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned!
That is pretty incredible to pull of a deal like that, well done Sir! This may give my buddy some hope that is shopping for one in north the Texas area....

865RangerVol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
That is pretty incredible to pull of a deal like that, well done Sir! This may give my buddy some hope that is shopping for one in north the Texas area....
I definitely don’t pride myself on being a jerk. But you have to push those guys around. Get stuff thrown in there if they won’t go lower on the price. Get the window tint, extra FordPass Points, the nice floor liners, anything.

865RangerVol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
My sticker was $43k and I paid $35k, that was on 1/1/20. I'd say go wheel and deal, but don't forget that there aren't a lot of cars coming in, so it might be hard to do that.
At the time I bought mine a couple weeks ago it was one of 15 rangers on the lot. Now, they have 3. All XLs.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just joined the Ranger Family. With a 2020 XLT 4x4 301a with black appearance package. Sticker price was 37. I got it for 24,500. I already love my ranger more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned!
Thats including trade or downpayment?

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, if you pulled that off right now when inventory is low you did fantastic, was that with trade and down payment ?? I thought I had just about everyone beat with black Friday 2019 $25,600 XLT 4x4....

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
$40k on $44,735 msrp 2020 Lariat FX4 supercrew in North Florida last weekend. Dealer had to go find one from their nation wide inventory (1200 miles away) because of my pickiness. Could have saved more if bought one on their lot. But I got exactly what I wanted and nothing that I didn’t want. Love the truck and all the features of the lariat are excellent. Certainly worth the price jump from the xlt if you can afford it.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I ordered a loaded Lariat 4x4 FX2 for $12.95 Monday. Just kidding, that's where I've seen other threads like this in other forums go several times. :)

I just ordered a XL Super Cab, and it was $300 under invoice. That's about as good you can do in my area. There are some dealers in Charlotte, NC that show on their web sites 6K off sticker, but when you read the fine print they've included every incentive available. The worst part is they have in the fine print way down at the bottom of the page a $799 Doc fee, and dealer added options that cost anywhere from $799 to $1,200, or both sometimes. If you finance for a certain amount per month, and don't see that fine print you're gonna get the old high hard one.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
I ordered a loaded Lariat 4x4 FX2 for $12.95 Monday. Just kidding, that's where I've seen other threads like this in other forums go several times. :)

I just ordered a XL Super Cab, and it was $300 under invoice. That's about as good you can do in my area. There are some dealers in Charlotte, NC that show on their web sites 6K off sticker, but when you read the fine print they've included every incentive available. The worst part is they have in the fine print way down at the bottom of the page a $799 Doc fee, and dealer added options that cost anywhere from $799 to $1,200, or both sometimes. If you finance for a certain amount per month, and don't see that fine print you're gonna get the old high hard one.
Guess I did get a good deal back in end of May in Baltimorewith $6500 off msrp. No Sept deals? But double that off on a 2020 is hard to believe. That would top ALL deals listed on several threads since the 2019 was introduced.

Still would like to see the contract for more info o what incentives were given.
Sponsored