What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

rangerDANger147

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pretengineer
Hey! I'm eyeing one in sumner,WA as well! Was this for a 2019 or a 2020?

Very stoked to be a Ranger owner! I just snagged my XLT on Saturday night... $41,900 MSRP sticker o_O
0% APR
0% sales tax
Lifetime warranty/oil from Sunset Ford in Sumner, WA
final prince $38,500 - $1,400 trade equity - $5k down = $32,100 financed 0% 72 mo

Very happy!

image0 (1).jpeg
Sponsored

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Lifetime warranty/oil from Sunset Ford in Sumner, WA
Joe, do you mind sharing what you paid for the warranty and maintenance package? Trying to locate a good deal on this myself.

sn95joe84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Joe, do you mind sharing what you paid for the warranty and maintenance package? Trying to locate a good deal on this myself.
It was included in the purchase price, I'm not sure what the cost breakdown was there... the dealership I purchased from gives full powertrain warranty for every new vehicle they sell! Ideally I wont have an issue but if I do, I'm hoping they don't give me a hard time redeeming it.

rcmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just traded my 2018 Tacoma TRD off road for this guy:

window-sticker-cleaned.PNG

$45,660 starting price.
less $3008 dealer discount
less $1000 Ford rebate
add $799 dealer "proc/doc fees"
add $638 taxes

My local Ford dealer gave me $35,000 in trade for my Tacoma.. which Toyota swore up and down wasn't worth a penny over $32,000 in trade. Toyota is probably right because I bought it new for $35,500 two years ago. So looks like I knocked off about $7k off the cost of the Ranger. It had 25.1 miles on it when I took it for a test drive.

I could have saved another $1000 if I had financed it (and at 0%!) but that didn't meet my immediate needs. I paid cash.

All in all, I'm happy with the deal.

atowildcat

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

$45,660 starting price.
less $1000 Ford rebate
add $638 taxes

My local Ford dealer gave me $35,000 in trade for my Tacoma.. which Toyota swore up and down wasn't worth a penny over $32,000 in trade. Toyota is probably right because I bought it new for $35,500 two years ago. So looks like I knocked off about $7k off the cost of the Ranger. It had 25.1 miles on it when I took it for a test drive.

I could have saved another $1000 if I had financed it (and at 0%!) but that didn't meet my immediate needs. I paid cash.

Great - looks like about $3-4k off from dealer is typical (plus local rebates). Hopefully the rebates in November are close to what they did last year.

Enjoy your truck!

WiredWeasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Somehow found a 2019 Ranger XLT 302a in saber with fx4 for 35,000 Canadian rupees. Original msrp of 45k cad. Was on the lot for an entire year according to the dealership. Apparently saber is not very desirable in Canada. Didn't really negotiate too much, just went a little off the advertised price and asked for some stuff thrown in. Seemed too good of a deal already compared to 2020 prices.

USMMA

First Name
Wiliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Occupation
Procurement
Will the discounts and rebates get larger as we near the end of the year and supply and demand get back to “normal?”

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Will the discounts and rebates get larger as we near the end of the year and supply and demand get back to “normal?”
I would say it probably depends on what the economy and/or covid does. If things get better, deals probably won't be quite as good - if things continue to be slow, I'd say the deals will be much better once supply improves. It is "get out your crystal ball" at this point, though - anyone's guess.

blue17

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota corolla
Occupation
education
I am in SoCal. I went to a local dealer yesterday, hoping to test drive a Lariat. Every single one of the Rangers had a markup of around 2k. On top of the usual paint protection and other unnecessary add ons. I just turned around and left. As I am leaving, I noticed that every F150 I saw also had the same markup.
Is that what things look like right now? If so, I am willing to wait.
Stopped by a GMC dealer as well. Their Canyons and Sierras didn't have a markup.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am in SoCal. I went to a local dealer yesterday, hoping to test drive a Lariat. Every single one of the Rangers had a markup of around 2k. On top of the usual paint protection and other unnecessary add ons. I just turned around and left. As I am leaving, I noticed that every F150 I saw also had the same markup.
Is that what things look like right now? If so, I am willing to wait.
Stopped by a GMC dealer as well. Their Canyons and Sierras didn't have a markup.
Hi Ken,

Dealer Trick....Discussing tactic.... Find another dealer if you can. Local dealer here does same thing. Widow Tint and Security system which damages the OEM wiring integrity. That is why I drive about 40 miles south to the dealer on our boarder town, Nogales. No such non value added crap.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Lakeshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

$45,660 starting price.
less $1000 Ford rebate
add $638 taxes

Well dont expect to get the same return with the ranger those tacomas resale hold up is ridiculous would be nice if every car was like that
Sponsored