What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

rvd9431

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru Crosstrek premium / 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0
This is why I waited a year. A new truck last year was too tight on my budget. This year, way more comfortable. I got exactly what I wanted.
To me, there's nothing I'm not getting that is a dealbreaker. No bed liner sucks but I can get that done at a local LineX for $500. Tow was a must. Copilot 360 was high on my list and my main reason for wanting an XLT. I found an XL with that. Probably the only one locally. I drove a Subaru outback that had the lane-keeping assist with advanced cruise and man I want that hahaha. Sure nicer gauges, bigger radio screen, heated seats would be cool but not at the cost of adding a few thousand more. Remote start is huge to me and this doesn't have it, however, I discovered a simple plug and play product on this forum that I couldn't believe how easily it installed and worked, I'll be buying that.
Sponsored

Cnikola

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Contracting Officer
Hey all- I just came home with a 2019 Ranger Lariat.

at the dealership I felt great like it was a good deal but then looking at TrueCar the value of ($28K) the Ranger is $8K less than what I owe ($36K) but yet the dealer discounted $5K under the MSRP of $45K and my $4K down. Does that sound like it’s a good deal? And is it normal that the value of the Ranger on TrueCar and KBB is much less than what I owe? Thanks in advance.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

at the dealership I felt great like it was a good deal but then looking at TrueCar the value of ($28K) the Ranger is $8K less than what I owe ($36K) but yet the dealer discounted $5K under the MSRP of $45K and my $4K down. Does that sound like it’s a good deal? And is it normal that the value of the Ranger on TrueCar and KBB is much less than what I owe? Thanks in advance.
Personally, I think 5k off an almost 2 model year old vehicle is not enough - the TrueCar price is probably reflecting the depreciation over 2 model years (that is just a guess). Even though the truck is new, it is still almost 2 model years old which will come into play when you sell/trade it.

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Sounds like a great deal to me.! Short term, all new cars lose a lot of value. Hopefully, the Ranger will prove its value long term. The longer we keep them, the better Chance we have to get value on resale.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Given some of the recent postings about supply, I can see why Ford is not making deals on them. I guess it isn't a good time to buy right now. I certainly wouldn't want to spend almost MSRP on an almost 2 model year old vehicle (referring to 2019s). Maybe when the output from the plants starts hitting dealers again things will improve.

At the end of the day the only thing that really matters is that you like what you bought and are happy with how much it cost you.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

I'll admit I'm not real familiar with how TrueCar or KBB does things for newer vehicles. I'm guessing they're valuing it as a "used" vehicle? If this is the case, I'm not the least bit surprised that they're valuing it under what you owe, as vehicles depreciate a lot just by getting that "used" designation.
At the end of the day the only thing that really matters is that you like what you bought and are happy with how much it cost you.
Wise words! Do you feel like you got your money's worth? If yes, than you got a good deal!

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ford was running a lot of good deals April through the end of May in my area like a lot of others due to Covid-19 and trying to get people to the dealers to buy. I took advantage of that good timing for my deal. Now that some things are opening up a bit more it seems the deals on cars are getting a bit less generous from what I have seen.

But I 100% agree with what you said above. If you are happy with the purchase and I would also include if you can comfortably afford it, then just enjoy it.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased yesterday 2019 XLT FX4 Chrome in Iconic Silver with hard cover fold up tonneau inc window sticker as built.
MSRP: $42,440
Invoice: $40,622
Purch: $39, 886
Ford Cash: $3,750
Final Price: $37,160
Final price includes spray-in liner, tray style for mats, and a few other items...used the Competitive Conquest $1k cash incentive as I am trading in my 2005 GMC crew cab (you don't have to trade in to get bonus).

Color me just smilin

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Just purchased yesterday 2019 XLT FX4 Chrome in Iconic Silver with hard cover fold up tonneau inc window sticker as built.
MSRP: $42,440
Invoice: $40,622
Purch: $39, 886
Ford Cash: $3,750
Final Price: $37,160
Final price includes spray-in liner, tray style for mats, and a few other items...used the Competitive Conquest $1k cash incentive as I am trading in my 2005 GMC crew cab (you don't have to trade in to get bonus).

Color me just smilin
Congrats! Sounds like a very nice truck. Many years of good use & happiness!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Sounds like a very nice truck. Many years of good use & happiness!
Thanks. I think so, drove 21/2 hours to get to dealer that had it and took the test drive after seeing it in "real" time lol

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Wow
Got my Race Red, Black Appearance package two days ago.
IMG_20200712_100159.jpg
It is XLT, 302A. Paid $35,250.
Love this truck!! Still trying to figure out how to attach a pic?
Wow!!! Beautiful Ranger. Love that color! :inlove: