Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
IMG_8701.jpeg
IMG_8714.jpeg

Added a Mod!

Latest, post First Robotics Houston trip, project.

Seems the one tool I use more than reasonable is my air compressor. Just did my 2005 mini van with a slow leak, and them someone at work had a slow leak that they didn’t notice.

Always wanted to fill this void space, so, fun design time.

This is the second print. ABS. Only two screws hold it in, green lines/circle. The mounting brackets went through at least four iterations. All done in ONSHAPE.

We do a lot of hex lightening on our robots, and I like it in this print also since I didn’t want a water trap.

May have to find a switched 12 VDC source. I will put the compressor in a zip lock bag before the next West Coast rains. I will also keep a rage to check the oil in here.

Can’t wait for my engine cover to come it. May get some Hot Tomato red paint and spray it and this piece if there is any left.

For the sharp eyed readers, they will notice that I an not using my prop rod! Last photo has the struts I put in and did a video on.

IMG_8704.jpeg

IMG_8705.jpeg
IMG_8707.jpeg
IMG_8709.jpeg
IMG_8712.jpeg
IMG_8715.jpeg
IMG_8702.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Today live cargo day - bed full of chickens. No pictures, no point as they were in boxes.

Raptor is still daily topic and of course we can’t let each other live nice and calm.
Husband talks to my Ranger “Mommy doesn’t love you anymore and wants another truck instead.”
Me “Lie! Of course mommy loves you, but you need a younger sister or brother!”

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Big Blue and I brought the camper home to be de-winterized for the summer season. Forgot to take picture hooked up, but here it is in the driveway. Got it backed in on the first try. :clap:
20230519_152653.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today was a stressful day for the Ranger. Margie told me she needed to learn to drive the Ranger before we head out to Flafstaff for the summer. So I told the Ranger it was time for her to drive. Ranger flashed the screen that the battery was low and key services were disabled. I ignored and back the Ranger out of the driveway. It sat there quivering, but Margie hopped in and we adjusted the seat for her and away we went. Margie showed she could drive it and the Ranger stopped quivering after realizing she could drive the Ranger well enough. So on to Flagstaff day after tomorrow with the Ranger in tow behind the RV....Ranger is now comfortable with her behind the wheel...

That said, I have decided to enroll Margie in the Paul/Tracy parking school prior to leaving for Flagstaff.

Best,
Phil

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hauled 20 bags of pea gravel and some drainage supplies, fixed a problem spot in the backyard, small French drain tied it into our huge French drain in the backyard, it flows underground out into the front yard and daylights at a pop-up drain cap. Should have a completely dry backyard now!

Neighbor behind me put in a detached garage before u moved in and there grading job is horrible, it filled in the swale that drains our backyard and my next door neighbor. They brought in fill dirt before I bought the house which dried up there yard which made a pond in my backyard, a mosquito pond! When u bought my house and did the inspection and sale we had 10 inches of snow on the ground so that hid all the issues...

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
went and picked up a b18b1 and si trans and a carbon fiber hood and a bunch of other goodies for my little civic project! for an amazing price!
1684557629297.png

1684557652841.png

1684557679047.png

the hood needs a light sand and a polish and reclear coat but for 20 bucks! i couldnt say no!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today was a stressful day for the Ranger. Margie told me she needed to learn to drive the Ranger before we head out to Flafstaff for the summer. So I told the Ranger it was time for her to drive. Ranger flashed the screen that the battery was low and key services were disabled. I ignored and back the Ranger out of the driveway. It sat there quivering, but Margie hopped in and we adjusted the seat for her and away we went. Margie showed she could drive it and the Ranger stopped quivering after realizing she could drive the Ranger well enough. So on to Flagstaff day after tomorrow with the Ranger in tow behind the RV....Ranger is now comfortable with her behind the wheel...

That said, I have decided to enroll Margie in the Paul/Tracy parking school prior to leaving for Flagstaff.

Best,
Phil
I couldn’t help but think of this guy when I read that closing line…

IMG_4188.jpeg

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
went and picked up a b18b1 and si trans and a carbon fiber hood and a bunch of other goodies for my little civic project! for an amazing price!
1684557629297.png

1684557652841.png

1684557679047.png

the hood needs a light sand and a polish and reclear coat but for 20 bucks! i couldnt say no!
Nice, looks like 1999-2000 Civic coupe. I have a 98 and 00 here, both EX. If I saw that hood pop-up for $20 I would have grabbed it as well.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, looks like 1999-2000 Civic coupe. I have a 98 and 00 here, both EX. If I saw that hood pop-up for $20 I would have grabbed it as well.
Actually it’s a 98 hx so worse motor and trans you can get haha I just put the 99 tail lights on it.
but ya I went for the engine and trans and the dude sent a text hey! You want a hood for 20 bucks? Like well shit ill Be riiight back haha

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Actually it’s a 98 hx so worse motor and trans you can get haha I just put the 99 tail lights on it.
but ya I went for the engine and trans and the dude sent a text hey! You want a hood for 20 bucks? Like well shit ill Be riiight back haha
Cool, I did base my year estimate on the taillight style. My 98 was my Domino's delivery car. 00 I'm not sure yet, likely just a parts donor for my other projects. Dash and interior already moved to the 98, I wanted the double din radio slot for wireless AA head unit with integrated dash cam. Rewired the 98s keyless entry so it worked with the car running so I could secure the car quickly while running pizza to the door while not having to put excess wear on the starter, keeping the AC running in the summer was a big plus too.

I was planning on swapping the electrical, engine and transmission to an 86-87 Civic Si, if I can find the right rust free chassis. But SCCA is considering a T5 or Spec-C it sounds like and that car is one of the lightest weight ones in the list in the proposed rules I read, so it may get a cage instead. Would need the left rear body pulled straight, but as a racecar it would not need to be perfect.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil
Phil, now Margie can just follow you over to Flagstaff and drive the Ranger instead of you towing it.

Puts a couple more miles on it and will charge that battery. :like:

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my Ranger to the cottage. A lot of bro’ trucks out but only one as ridiculous as this.…

IMG_3352.jpeg

It should be no surprise I spotted it near the town that inspired the TV series Letter Kenny.

🤦‍♂️

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t help but think of this guy when I read that closing line…

IMG_4188.jpeg
Exactly what I thought of too. If @P. A. Schilke had P.T. teach his wife to drive she would run into every thing including the pace car. But she would be really fast while doing it. :crackup: :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Drove my Ranger to the cottage. A lot of bro’ trucks out but only one as ridiculous as this.…

IMG_3352.jpeg

It should be no surprise I spotted it near the town that inspired the TV series Letter Kenny.

🤦‍♂️
That parking job! Paul @OrangeStreak I didn't know you were up in Canada last week? :shock:😂

Well, at least they're not all doing this up there.......Yet! o_O:oops:

1684765771104.png
Sponsored