Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Drove 3-1/2 hours round trip :whew: to get these:
5DDD8E71-8167-4358-8685-77F72BBEF69C.jpeg

:rockon:
Got one hell of a great deal on brand new Magnetic wheel take offs. $250 for all four including the tpms sensors. I have an appointment with my local Ford dealer on Wednesday for installation.
What tires are you going with? My understanding is you can't just move the ones off the steel wheels since they are 16" an all the aluminum ones are 17" or 18"

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
What tires are you going with? My understanding is you can't just move the ones off the steel wheels since they are 16" an all the aluminum ones are 17" or 18"
My current wheels are 17” and the ones I bought today are 17”. They will swap 1 for 1.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded up my co-pilot and wife :LOL: and we drove up to the rim of Taal Volcano. There we stopped at Starbucks and got my co-pilot a cup of whip creme. This Starbucks overlooks the volcano. By the way I was no means a Starbucks fan in the US. But at least here it is employing filipinos and providing for them, so better. Plus they are far kinder. Then after went and got more pots(with a S):LOL: and plants for the house. Getting almost done with pots and plants, One more trip. So the one pic of the truck is showing the side away from the volcano after we climbed up from our house. The rest are self explanatory. In the last picture the remants of the volcano cone are that brown island out there. In Jan 2020 it blew and this is what is left. It used to be a lush green island with a town there. All gone.

20220623_164111.jpg

20220623_164059.jpg

20220623_164053.jpg

20220623_135411.jpg

20220623_132330.jpg

20220623_124038.jpg

20220623_135429.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Loaded up my co-pilot and wife :LOL: and we drove up to the rim of Taal Volcano. There we stopped at Starbucks and got my co-pilot a cup of whip creme. This Starbucks overlooks the volcano. By the way I was no means a Starbucks fan in the US. But at least here it is employing filipinos and providing for them, so better. Plus they are far kinder. Then after went and got more pots(with a S):LOL: and plants for the house. Getting almost done with pots and plants, One more trip. So the one pic of the truck is showing the side away from the volcano after we climbed up from our house. The rest are self explanatory. In the last picture the remants of the volcano cone are that brown island out there. In Jan 2020 it blew and this is what is left. It used to be a lush green island with a town there. All gone.

20220623_164111.jpg

20220623_164059.jpg

20220623_164053.jpg

20220623_135411.jpg

20220623_132330.jpg

20220623_124038.jpg

20220623_135429.jpg
Great looking co-pilot and a really nice rear seat setup! Is that a mattress back there?

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking co-pilot and a really nice rear seat setup! Is that a mattress back there?
Well underneath the cover is a platform I built to level out the back. Then that is one of her beds she is sitting on. She enjoys her space back there. Just say the word "ride" and that is all she wrote.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Well underneath the cover is a platform I built to level out the back. Then that is one of her beds she is sitting on. She enjoys her space back there. Just say the word "ride" and that is all she wrote.
That's what it's all about, isn't it!

I love bringing our little guy with us. Even though he turns into a nervous wreck, he likes to be with us.

I'll post the setup we have once we receive the custom foam we ordered (rolls eyes).

Thanks for your pics and the inspiration to get ours done! =)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Drove to the local Ford dealer up at the cottage to pick up the stabilizer link I ordered. Saw an old project truck there…

01847251-1469-472E-AF18-2B8883514FD0.jpeg

I think he needs more than just a stabilizer link.

Then, I noticed a 2019 Shadow Black XLT Scab in the Service parking area - clearly, he’s in for exhaust work. ?

2777A1EE-B1C8-4549-A56C-E83D9C04D630.jpeg

The Parts & Service guy said the owner is two weeks out of warranty and they’re working with Ford to get him a Goodwill exemption.

That’s what I love about small town dealers and that’s why I’ll throw business their way when I can. One day, that might be my truck.

Last edited:

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Hit a milestone, today....

IMG_3536.JPG

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
What milestone??? That you were able to stay in one lane ??? :crackup::crackup::crackup:
Pfft... single lane driving is for p...... well.... nevermind.

It's my truck's 15k mile anniversary! I don't know about the rest of y'all... but I'm gonna celebrate with an adult beverage!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Since taking down the trees along my driveway, birds shit all over my truck constantly. Turkey Vultures perch on the roof rack, tonneau cover, and even the hood. Eventually the barn is getting replaced and a full size bay for parking is on the new plan, but not this year, so I gots me a Shelter Logic - Garage in a box, Truck/SUV 13 x 12 x 20

Put most of the frame up, and had enough. It's pretty crappy build and quality control. Lots of hammering, and pulling things into alignment to get them together. Some of the welding alignment is BRUTAL. Some are 15-20 degrees or more out of straight. Once assembled it's good enough for it's purpose, but very sloppy. I almost cut a few and re-welded them.

Ranger fits very well inside. Both doors were fully open, and appear to clear the walls. Lots of height clearance, even with the RTT when it goes on. Not quite long enough to open the tailgate.

The tarp won't be going on until a mild wind day, forecast says maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm also going to add some racks, or shelving near the back. I don't explain exactly how I'm planning it, because it may not work out, but if it does, I'm going to be VERY proud, lol.

And once again, not really with my Ranger, or to my Ranger, I almost started a "What did you do for your Ranger today" thread.

Are my posts getting too long and descriptive? Do I need to shorten them up?

Couple gratuitous shots of the infamous Crappy trailer too ;)

uxdNWbY.jpg

3epmKzK.jpg

yxMHbsy.jpg
Today the wind was ~10mph, so I decided to get the cover on. The peak is just over 12 feet, so my 5 foot ladder and <6 foot self couldn't quite reach over well enough to pull the cover. Fortunately my DiamondBack HD can hold 1600lbs, so the Ranger became my scaffolding platform. It worked perfectly (no photos, I work alone). It was allot of work trying to manipulate the cover over the top, but eventually I got it all stretched out, anchored and tightened.

I then moved an industrial rack out of the barn and in the back of the soft garage. I'll be welding some shims to the rack feet, to improve stability and level, then I'll add 2 or 4 ground anchors so it doesn't move. The RTT is now out of the weather, out of sight, and easily slides on to the truck (once tonneau racks are installed). The lower rack acts as a parking stop which is partly why I will be adding ground anchors.

The Ranger tucks in perfectly, and the lower shelf bar acts as a parking stop. I'm loving how great everything is fitting in. The RTT is ~175 lbs, and 5'6"x7'6"x9" so any standing on ground, whether vertical or horizontal, takes allot of barn space and with the amount of other stuff I have in there is very difficult to move it in and out. Even with 2 men, it's big and cumbersome to move around. That would lead to increased stress and wear on the whole unit. If mounted on the tonneau racks it is too tall to back in the barn, and not enough ceiling clearance to use my chain lift to remove it. My options before buying the soft garage were leaving it on the Ranger year round, or standing it against the outside of the barn. Again, I am LOVING this work around.

gmT16QS.jpg

Zv4rKQu.jpg

d7d1grr.jpg
Sponsored