Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, Phil...best to the Mrs.
Funny, my brother is a yr older, I'm 69...and he just told me he ripped the skin on his arm, on the door frame going in the garage, just bumped it... and said it was disappointing that as you age, your skin gets thin. I told him yeah, along with your hair! And not so much the belly?. BTW, he loves my Ranger, but claims not to have the $$$, and still drives his old white '98 Ranger, reg. cab.
Hi Trevor,

Margie will be 80 next month....skin is so fragile as you age, and the greatest cause of sever injury here in Green Valley is falls. Bones are frail too.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

The Ranger took Margie and I to the Lumberyard Brewery for dinner tonight. Found out the Beaver Street Brewery is the sister restaurant brewery to the Lumberyard. Menus are different offerings in the same overall format that is the same. Dave (AZscorpian) recommended this place and was spot on...Great place...but wind today forced us inside...20mph wind with gusts to 35mph....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What suspension are you running? Also, what was the offset for your wheels?
I just have the Fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and still have the FX4 shock in the rear. The wheels has 0 offsets. I have lots of trimming to do just on the plastic and paper phelt.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

The Ranger took Margie and I to the Lumberyard Brewery for dinner tonight. Found out the Beaver Street Brewery is the sister restaurant brewery to the Lumberyard. Menus are different offerings in the same overall format that is the same. Dave (AZscorpian) recommended this place and was spot on...Great place...but wind today forced us inside...20mph wind with gusts to 35mph....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was afraid they might have changed after Covid as some places seemed to have cheapen out their portions. We didn't get a chance to go there last July because they has such limited seating because of the restrictions and we didn't want to wait. I'll have to try the Beaver Street Brewery when we go back this July.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What suspension are you running? Also, what was the offset for your wheels?
17x8.5 0 offset, FUEL COVERT GRAY FACE D716.
On a Fox 2.0 coil over in the front. But I need more clearance for full compression. After trimming the best I can get is just a bit over 1/2 inch at 3/4 lock and this will rub during compression. I'll get more answer tomorrow.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I can't deal with humidity now especially after living here. The high temps can be trying at times but for the most part it is a dry heat. We have our monsoon season which starts in early July and runs through roughly mid Sept. The dew point and humidity will rise then and it's uncomfortable with the high temps but nothing like it was back east.

When I installed my dash cam last week it was 104 but the humidity was only 8% and the dew points are 28%. It was much more tolerable being hot n dry than hot n wet! Our long range for next week shows 115, that's way to early! ?
You learn to deal with it by limiting outdoor activities to either being in the pool or on the boat. Both those things help. Also having a lawn guy helps this time of year. :sunglasses:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You learn to deal with it by limiting outdoor activities to either being in the pool or on the boat. Both those things help. Also having a lawn guy helps this time of year. :sunglasses:
Having a boat and/or a pool is definitely key here. I know when I'd go to my parents place on Marco Island even though it was hot and humid there was always a breeze because they were on the water and that helped too. What I hated was walking outside after a summer storm, you might as well have just walked into a sauna with your cloths on.

I would say 90% of the job sites I worked on back east never had the AC going while we were working so that took its toll on me. I hated being soaked all day working, talk about swamp a$$! I think that's why I enjoy having just a rock yard now because after having to deal with the humidity all day at work then I'd have to do the yard which was just over an acre. ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Having a boat and/or a pool is definitely key here. I know when I'd go to my parents place on Marco Island even though it was hot and humid there was always a breeze because they were on the water and that helped too. What I hated was walking outside after a summer storm, you might as well have just walked into a sauna with your cloths on.

I would say 90% of the job sites I worked on back east never had the AC going while we were working so that took its toll on me. I hated being soaked all day working, talk about swamp a$$! I think that's why I enjoy having just a rock yard now because after having to deal with the humidity all day at work then I'd have to do the yard which was just over an acre. ?
That’s why we have a fridge in the garage always stocked with cold ones! Honey, I’m mowing the lawn, gonna take a while….

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Installed Dee Zee tailgate assist and two key fob covers. Took all of 5 minutes!

Why in the heck isn't that little shock standard! Wow, what a difference.
Oh, lord, you went there. But, I agree. I like the damper, but I'm sure it was a cost saving thing.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah. My wife is self employed and can take stuff like that off taxes. A few years ago she said "I'm going to get a yard service". I thought, yeah, OK. I haven't mowed the grass since then, I will never go back. As I've said before, it's nice being old if for nothing else that you have means for the creature comforts. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh, lord, you went there. But, I agree. I like the damper, but I'm sure it was a cost saving thing.
There wasn't a damper produced when the Ranger 5G came back to N'America so it wasn't a cost factor. We had a member here who was trying to make one but couldn't find the rite strut. DeeZee (which is the Ford damper) finally came out with one around October of 2019. Hopefully they'll integrate it into the taillights like the F150. Then Al @Texasota will have no choice when he buys the next gen. ?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
There wasn't a damper produced when the Ranger 5G came back to N'America so it wasn't a cost factor. We had a member here who was trying to make one but couldn't find the rite strut. DeeZee (which is the Ford damper) finally came out with one around October of 2019. Hopefully they'll integrate it into the taillights like the F150. Then Al @Texasota will have no choice when he buys the next gen. ?
On my old yota truck of course there wasn't one. Before I even bought the truck I saw a vid of one, and I was like, yes, I need that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On my old yota truck of course there wasn't one. Before I even bought the truck I saw a vid of one, and I was like, yes, I need that.
I never heard of them before I bought my 2016 Tacoma. The first time I opened the tailgate I was like. ??

Amazed.gif
Sponsored