Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I continue to clean out the basement with little piddly things. You can't see it but there's a massage table under there with the stickiest degrading cover ever. It had been leaning against a wall for 8+ years and I went to move it for the insulation we just had done and it was stuck to the wall! And super gummy. =(

I think it's PVC vinyl and the table itself is closer to 20+ years old. I know that stuff breaks down, but it's just grossly sticky!

Bummer is that I'll have to pay $5 to dump is as an "upholstered piece of furniture". Normally I'd just take it apart but it's too icky for this princess! =p

If the fates align, I may be able to dump this little load and come back and fill up Soupie with mulched up leaves for a second load! Life is, indeed, very good!

Some people are born with a silver spoon (or a rake in my case). =D

Livin' the dream baby! =)

20231103_162309.jpg
Sponsored

 

yuck6

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
86
Reaction score
328
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 301a
Occupation
Electrician
Filled up the most I’ve ever filled up 19 gallons…. Previously only ever got 18.6.

It’s premium fuel because I’m towing my work trailer. Not a normal occurrence for me or my wallet.

IMG_1831.jpeg
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I continue to clean out the basement with little piddly things. You can't see it but there's a massage table under there with the stickiest degrading cover ever. It had been leaning against a wall for 8+ years and I went to move it for the insulation we just had done and it was stuck to the wall! And super gummy. =(

I think it's PVC vinyl and the table itself is closer to 20+ years old. I know that stuff breaks down, but it's just grossly sticky!

Bummer is that I'll have to pay $5 to dump is as an "upholstered piece of furniture". Normally I'd just take it apart but it's too icky for this princess! =p

If the fates align, I may be able to dump this little load and come back and fill up Soupie with mulched up leaves for a second load! Life is, indeed, very good!

Some people are born with a silver spoon (or a rake in my case). =D

Livin' the dream baby! =)

20231103_162309.jpg
The dream came true and I did two (yes, TWO!) dump runs today. Both on the smallish size but ya gotta celebrate all the wins! =D

Adding a mulching plate made a huge difference for my leaf mulching but some rain put a damper on making it a fuller load (DAMPER!). =p

Soupie's a good Ranger and I sure enjoy it. =)

20231104_133228.jpg


Then I went to the mother ship to pick up fun stuff for removing the lead paint from my basement. And since it's concrete, I guess I have the added joy of potential silicocis, but I do wear a P100 respirator. The diamond cup wheel makes short work of it but it'll still take an eternity to do all the walls (maybe the floor too!).

I grabbed one of those nifty cyclone separator dealios for the vacuum and it really works well. Almost no particles make it to the shop vac, they just settle into the bucket - pretty nifty thing.

And I wimped out and got a 4.5" angle grinder, my old 7" Makita would be too tough on my craptacular shoulders (plus all the cement dust will undoubtedly shorten the life of the grinder).

20231104_140816.jpg
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Made a big road trip. Rescued another car.

20231104_181217.jpg
Love it and you also solved that engineering design issue of too high of a bed rake. =p

I bet your Ranger pulled that with ease! =)

Nicely done!

Hey, found another pic of your truck:

1699210350638.webp
 


Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
I went grocery shopping.

I wasn't sure if the truck could handle the extra payload.

But luckily it handled my 2 bags of groceries flawlessly.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Probably leveled that driver side lean.
It made it worse, I loaded the groceries in the drive side of the back.

I think I should part it out and trade it in for a jeep.
 

Cabose-1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eli
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
7,659
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT, 4x2, Advance Tow, E-Locker
Occupation
Student
Love it and you also solved that engineering design issue of too high of a bed rake. =p

I bet your Ranger pulled that with ease! =)

Nicely done!

Hey, found another pic of your truck:

1699210350638.webp
My uncles trailer is rough! I used a uhaul one and it drove smooth as glass, well relatively, and i was going to raise the ball on my GEN-Y HITCH, but what for, the truck was firmly planted. I need a uhaul trailer to replace my flatbed. These trucks are really nice, i am still impressed with these small trucks, even small backhoes are no problem. You will all kill me, but i was overloaded on cargo weight.
 
Last edited:

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Did a 1,200+ mile trip towing for a project car. I drove to Michelin Raceway Thursday with empty car trailer in tow, assisted with timing setup for the American Road Racing Classic (ARRC). Slept in the bed of the truck (under tonneau cover) with it below 30F that night. Friday morning left about 07:30 and drove to Atlanta airport and parted with the truck to fly to Miami to work a Double SARRC, Regional Race and Track Event. Flew back Sunday night, got to the truck at 22:30, and was sleeping in the bed again by 23:00. Woke up at 03:00 (Eastern) and drove to Opelika, AL to pick up a car. Didn't get done looking over the car and loading it up until about 09:30 (Central) and left to head home. Got home about 21:00 (Eastern) last night.

At the Airport parking lot
PXL_20231103_132917182.RAW-01.small.jpg


Homestead Miami Raceway from timing tower
PXL_20231104_155248783.RAW-01.small.jpg


On the way home
PXL_20231106_220625894.RAW-01.small.jpg
 
Last edited:

Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
8,506
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
Did a 1,200+ mile trip towing for a project car. I drove to Michelin Raceway Thursday with empty car trailer in tow, assisted with timing setup for the American Road Racing Classic (ARRC). Slept in the bed of the truck (under tonneau cover) with it below 30F that night. Friday morning left about 07:30 and drove to Atlanta airport and parted with the truck to fly to Miami to work a Double SARRC, Regional Race and Track Event. Flew back Sunday night, got to the truck at 22:30, and was sleeping in the bed again by 23:00. Woke up at 03:00 (Eastern) and drove to Opelika, AL to pick up a car. Didn't get done looking over the car and loading it up until about 09:30 (Central) and left to head home. Got home about 21:00 (Eastern) last night.

At the Airport parking lot
PXL_20231103_132917182.RAW-01.small.jpg


Homestead Miami Raceway from timing tower
PXL_20231104_155248783.RAW-01.small.jpg


On the way home
PXL_20231106_220625894.RAW-01.small.jpg
Geez! You hit all of my old (and close to new) places! I moved from Auburn, AL (where I worked in Opelika) to ATL, and now I live just north of Ft. Lauderdale. I really need to get my ass down to check out the facility at Homestead. I have this idea in my mind it would be awesome to get involved in cart racing, but I don't want to do that crap in this heat! LOL
I'm glad you made it through your whirlwind trip okay!
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
My uncles trailer is rough! I used a uhaul one and it drove smooth as glass, well relatively, and i was going to raise the ball on my GEN-Y HITCH, but what for, the truck was firmly planted. I need a uhaul trailer to replace my flatbed. These trucks are really nice, i am still impressed with these small trucks, even small backhoes are no problem. You will all kill me, but i was overloaded on cargo weight.
Great to hear about small backhoes, I'd like to rent a tiny excavator but haven't looked up the weight from our local tool rental shop.

When I loaded the FJ40 on the U-Haul, I should have also raised my Stow&Go about 2 or 3 inches but there was no way the trailer's jack would lift that very heavy tongue weight. But it did fix our poorly destined bed rake issue! :rolleyes:

Looks like the E26 will be too heavy with a trailer ... =(

Bobcat E-20 Mini Excavator (4306 lbs)
1699366408755.jpeg


Bobcat E26 Mini Excavator (6,489 lbs)
1699366419176.jpeg


often posted pic but the Ranger's bed rake issue is magically fixed! =p
tojo-trailered.jpg
 

pbethel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
836
Reaction score
2,097
Location
kingman az
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Great to hear about small backhoes, I'd like to rent a tiny excavator but haven't looked up the weight from our local tool rental shop.

When I loaded the FJ40 on the U-Haul, I should have also raised my Stow&Go about 2 or 3 inches but there was no way the trailer's jack would lift that very heavy tongue weight. But it did fix our poorly destined bed rake issue! :rolleyes:

Looks like the E26 will be too heavy with a trailer ... =(

Bobcat E-20 Mini Excavator (4306 lbs)
1699366408755.jpeg


Bobcat E26 Mini Excavator (6,489 lbs)
1699366419176.jpeg


often posted pic but the Ranger's bed rake issue is magically fixed! =p
tojo-trailered.jpg
I thought that was exactly why the rake is there?
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
I thought that was exactly why the rake is there?
you must be new here, it is because of a design flaw ;-)


?
Sponsored

 
 








Top