Burnt Money
Well-Known Member
- First Name
- Andy
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2022
- Threads
- 9
- Messages
- 562
- Reaction score
- 3,452
- Location
- Charleston SC
- Vehicle(s)
- 2020 Ranger XLT FX4
- Occupation
- Engineer
Sundance DX20 with a Suzuki 140.is that a mako?
Sponsored
Sundance DX20 with a Suzuki 140.is that a mako?
nice set up!Sundance DX20 with a Suzuki 140.
Thank you!nice set up!
Came in the mail the other day, a “recall notice”. Even had pictures and diagrams for how to do the Install, no kidding. Also said I could take it to my Dealership to have it done, but that it could take 1/2 day or longer and even perhaps require leaving the vehicle overnight, no kidding!Wait, how do you get an updated sticker?
Yikes on the half day action, they must have some special laser-guided robotics thing placing it.Came in the mail the other day, a “recall notice”. Even had pictures and diagrams for how to do the Install, no kidding. Also said I could take it to my Dealership to have it done, but that it could take 1/2 day or longer and even perhaps require leaving the vehicle overnight, no kidding!
that's about what I imagined it looked like out there . . .Quick lap up to the mountains for some well-deserved me time and photos.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Yeah, I was figuring if I had order the truck with a package, but later removed some of the heavy parts, say it was an FX4 with running boards and to reclaim payload I removed the heavy skid plates and running boards. I was guessing if you could get one with lower payload, you could get one with more as well.And someone asked how to get one?
Or you could trade in your '21 for a '22, but you already had some parts deleted by Ford!Yeah, I was figuring if I had order the truck with a package, but later removed some of the heavy parts, say it was an FX4 with running boards and to reclaim payload I removed the heavy skid plates and running boards. I was guessing if you could get one with lower payload, you could get one with more as well.
If I get one reducing the payload, unless it was delivered as certified signature required, I never got it.Or you could trade in your '21 for a '22, but you already had some parts deleted by Ford!
This is a weird thing to me, sending out stickers to cover their butts. =/
Seems like if they told me it had 2,000 pound payload at the time of sale, well that's what they're liable for.
So if they take away 5% of the advertised and paid for payload, do they refund everyone 5%, or something, for false advertising?
Once the horse is out of the barn, it's a bit late ... =D
This recall is the stupidest waste of time and money. It means nothing. That number is just the GVWR, which is the same for all Rangers 6050 lbs, minus the curb weight of the truck when it rolled of the assembly line. What was their scale mis-calibrated for a while?Lost 85lbs of capacity? ????![]()
I'll have to lose weight, wife will have to lose weight, dogs won't be able to travel with us, have to sell our Jayco and get a lighter trailer or may have to start using a tent. Stop eating out as weight coming home will be heaver than when we left. Only be able to fill gas tank up to 3/4 full to eliminate weight. Only put in 5 qts of oil instead of 6.2 qts.Or you could trade in your '21 for a '22, but you already had some parts deleted by Ford!
This is a weird thing to me, sending out stickers to cover their butts. =/
Seems like if they told me it had 2,000 pound payload at the time of sale, well that's what they're liable for.
So if they take away 5% of the advertised and paid for payload, do they refund everyone 5%, or something, for false advertising?
Once the horse is out of the barn, it's a bit late ... =D
after the new sticker
![]()
Crud, it never occurred to me to consider the weight of my engine cover mouse family!I'll have to lose weight, wife will have to lose weight, dogs won't be able to travel with us, have to sell our Jayco and get a lighter trailer or may have to start using a tent. Stop eating out as weight coming home will be heaver than when we left. Only be able to fill gas tank up to 3/4 full to eliminate weight. Only put in 5 qts of oil instead of 6.2 qts.
Now we know why they eliminated all the stuff from the 2021's....weight savings from just the engine cover and tie-downs must have been enormous.
Where oh where will it ever end ????
The factory bash plate weighs very little. If that's going to make or break staying within GVWR, then you might want to look at a different truck or deleting 4WD.Yeah, I was figuring if I had order the truck with a package, but later removed some of the heavy parts, say it was an FX4 with running boards and to reclaim payload I removed the heavy skid plates and running boards. I was guessing if you could get one with lower payload, you could get one with more as well.