Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

98RangerDave

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
54
Reaction score
350
Location
Inland Empire CA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2 / 1997 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Finance
What a project, completed the full by myself, which in hindsight wasn’t the brightest idea. Suspension stuff is heavy! Ended up going with the extended travel coilovers from ICON and adjusted them to provide a 3” lift. Now the truck sits level and drives like a dream. If anyone is on the fence about coilovers, I say do it!

IMG_6776.jpeg
IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6781.jpeg
Sponsored

 

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
What a project, completed the full by myself, which in hindsight wasn’t the brightest idea. Suspension stuff is heavy! Ended up going with the extended travel coilovers from ICON and adjusted them to provide a 3” lift. Now the truck sits level and drives like a dream. If anyone is on the fence about coilovers, I say do it!

IMG_6776.jpeg
IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6781.jpeg
Looks good!
 

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
IMG_2475.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg


currently in the middle of full interior sound deadening.
I did my doors several years ago. Be curious how much more this helps. I know the roof could use some since it sounds like a tin can.
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
23,521
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
What a project, completed the full by myself, which in hindsight wasn’t the brightest idea. Suspension stuff is heavy! Ended up going with the extended travel coilovers from ICON and adjusted them to provide a 3” lift. Now the truck sits level and drives like a dream. If anyone is on the fence about coilovers, I say do it!

IMG_6776.jpeg
IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6781.jpeg
Beautiful !
 


airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,937
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thanks for the details.

I'll be waiting till fall to tackle the job. Already starting to heat up and humidity is on the rise. That ball joint tool looks simple enough, but a quick search on eBay revealed best price of ~$140 shipped. Should I wait for a better price or is this in the ballpark?

Thanks again for the information.
I paid $170 for it, but it also included the small adapter piece on the end - as most were missing this, I have a few Ball-Joint tools in my collection and have done enough Front End work in my career that it best to always have the proper tooling.
 

TJC

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Threads
47
Messages
4,155
Reaction score
10,650
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I paid $170 for it, but it also included the small adapter piece on the end - as most were missing this, I have a few Ball-Joint tools in my collection and have done enough Front End work in my career that it best to always have the proper tooling.
The right tool makes the job far far easier, and not having it sometimes makes the job impossible.
 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,863
Reaction score
13,294
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
I did my doors several years ago. Be curious how much more this helps. I know the roof could use some since it sounds like a tin can.
I did my doors prior to this, but I don’t think I did a good job. I’m going to redo them while I’ve got the truck apart (redo = add more).

IMG_2477.jpeg

I meant to take a picture before putting the carpet back down but I forgot. There’s a ton down. Took a package to do 3/4 of the truck. A new box of sound deadener just arrived so I’ll keep working when the kiddo goes to bed tonight. I thought this would take more time than it has, honestly. Started yesterday at 2 and ran out of material at 830.
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Getting ready for trip to Boothbay, Maine. Loaded Truck's bed with camping gear. Installed new Weize battery (OE was 4 years old). Pumped tires to 40 front and 50 psi rear, and did a 6 quart sucky tranny fluid swap along with bottle of Lubeguard
First trip this year !!!!
 

5thranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jul 16, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
4,387
Location
kansas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Ranger Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Getting ready for trip to Boothbay, Maine. Loaded Truck's bed with camping gear. Installed new Weize battery (OE was 4 years old). Pumped tires to 40 front and 50 psi rear, and did a 6 quart sucky tranny fluid swap along with bottle of Lubeguard
First trip this year !!!!
Sounds like you are ready to rock-n-roll.
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Sounds like you are ready to rock-n-roll.
Yeah....normally by this time of year this would be our second trip with the camper. But bathroom leak called for a total re-model and wife needed a new bridge fitted, so this is #1.
 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,937
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Sounds like you are ready to rock-n-roll.
I just have to post this:
I am listening to a nearby neighbor who's having a party with a Live Band.
And they were playing the song:
Your Mama Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock N Roll, and the page opened to this post at the same time they sang the line Rock N Roll.

Twilight Zone Worthy
But the upside is they are now playing - Can't You See - one of my favs to sing or should I admit attempt to sing along with.
 

LB'sTremor

Well-Known Member
First Name
Loren
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
569
Reaction score
1,553
Location
Tampa
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
 








Top