Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

5thranger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jul 16, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
4,387
Location
kansas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Ranger Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Snagged some EGR fender flares and started to paint them with duplicolor J7 Magnetic Metallic grey to match the OEM trim pieces. Shout-out to the painting tutorials here, were helpful in dialing in technique.

These will help coverage for +2" wheel spacers, need those to relocate bypass shocks outside the frame.

1000004448.jpg


Could've done better with the clear coat on the spoiler, but first time is always off a bit. Top right corner is a little heavy on the clear coat, but I'm no Van Gogh, just tryin to make it look a little nicer than black. Doubt anyone but me will notice with it being above your head.

1000003784.jpg
Just be sure to use the adhesion promoter on anything plastic.
Sponsored

 

COblue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ross
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
177
Reaction score
430
Location
SLC, Utah
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ranger Lariat, bone stock
Just be sure to use the adhesion promoter on anything plastic.
Yup, 2 coats duplicolor adhesive promoter, 2 coats paint, and the same for clear coat.

I got a little heavy handed with the clear on the spoiler, but the fender is better so I'm learning ?


Also added a super custom exhaust tip, reused the unneeded adapter from the CVF downpipe (for those without flex pipes) and bolted it up. Does a better job pushing the exhaust away from under the truck. Very fancy, very cheap.

1000004210.webp
1000004209.jpg
 
Last edited:

MrBusses

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
152
Reaction score
587
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford SMT
Installed bds crash bars today to stop the tire rub. Whole job took about 45 minutes, benefits of being a ford senior master technician with access to all the tools and a lift. Only did the fronts, rear has plenty of clearance. Also took off the little mud guards under the front bumper.

Downside to having the wheels poke out from the fender is truck gets dirty a lot faster.

PXL_20241228_182513184.jpg


PXL_20241228_183836706.jpg


PXL_20241228_201832166.jpg
 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,858
Reaction score
13,272
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
Also have their Safe Pilot app that tracks (God forbid!) my driving habits (such as braking and phone use) which I can get up to a 30% discount on the insurance premium with a good score.

We did this with Safeco last year. We managed to eek out an 18% discount. More importantly though, Safeco scored me as a better driver than my wife. That's worth more than any discount you can offer.
 

Michel Jeanneau

Well-Known Member
First Name
Michel
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
309
Reaction score
915
Location
Dover, NH
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger STX The Gray Ghost
500 miles in just over 8 hrs...and 23MPG!
 


COblue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ross
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
177
Reaction score
430
Location
SLC, Utah
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ranger Lariat, bone stock
Installed bds crash bars today to stop the tire rub. Whole job took about 45 minutes, benefits of being a ford senior master technician with access to all the tools and a lift. Only did the fronts, rear has plenty of clearance. Also took off the little mud guards under the front bumper.

Downside to having the wheels poke out from the fender is truck gets dirty a lot faster.

PXL_20241228_182513184.jpg


PXL_20241228_183836706.jpg


PXL_20241228_201832166.jpg
I should do this today...been spraying the bolts with wd40. Did you need heat to get them loose?
 

MrBusses

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
152
Reaction score
587
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford SMT
I should do this today...been spraying the bolts with wd40. Did you need heat to get them loose?
Nope, 15mm ratchet wrench to break free then 1/4in Milwaukee e- ratchet to rip them out..

I took the 3 nuts off the bumper mounts and just pulled the bumper away and the bars came right out.
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
30,174
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Attempted to change my frontiers oil. Couldn't find my filter removal tool.
Spent 30 seconds looking then said hell with this and went back in my house.


Yep, I am a highly motivated individual.
Silly....it's probably next to your 5 point 10 mm socket !!!
 

COblue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ross
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
177
Reaction score
430
Location
SLC, Utah
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ranger Lariat, bone stock
After 2 yrs 3 mnths 56k miles. Replaced the battery.

20241229_130135.jpg
I'm sure I just jinxed myself (BMS alert did go off a month ago), but I'm still on the original battery, 4 years old & 60k miles.

Might be more serious about charging it this winter.
 

MXGOLF

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Threads
41
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
5,867
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4-2007 Yamaha FZ6 and Sammy my 2026 Maverick
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Lucille will be 4 years old January 2nd and I am on my same battery. I hope she lasts through the winter and summer. I only have 19,000 miles on her. I just got my Raptor/Tremor rim for my spare and had Americas Tire mount it with a new Cooper AT3 tire and once or if it ever stops raining will change it with the stock spare tire and rim.
 

bsr956

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 17, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
291
Reaction score
1,636
Location
Lenoir, NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Under the watchful eye of my assistant, full detail inside & out. I've spent so much time doing Helene recovery Ruby has not been getting much attention. PLEASE don't forget about western NC, eastern TN and the other areas affected by the storm! There's years of work to be done.
1000005190.jpg
Sponsored

 
 








Top