Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a set of new Motorcraft windshield wipers in my garage for about a year and a half. I bought them because my wipers were "UGHHHHHHH." But of course, I never installed them. So I finally did that, and it's amazing how a new set of wipers just works so much better than a 4-year-old set. The cool thing is that they seem nicer than the factory wiper. The factory set is what I would consider a conventional set with leaf-style springs that press the wiper blade against the window. The new wipers are just the rubber blades that sit against the glass without the springs. But they seem nicer and of a higher quality.

I also got a dash-cam from my in-laws for my birthday. The funny thing is, they purchased it before my recent "run-in" with the Honda. (See that post here.) They had debated giving it to me for Hanukkah (my wife is Jewish, so I do Hanukkah with her AND Christmas!) but ultimately decided to give it to me for my birthday. Of course, I had my collision with that Honda and they were kicking themselves for not giving me the camera. HAHAHAHAHA

I got it hooked up temporarily, at first, with the cigarette lighter plug that the camera shipped with, but yesterday, I swapped the power supply for an OBD II plug-in and hid all of the wiring for a clean install! Look for videos of terrible South Florida drivers soon!

2024-01-06 14.50.50.jpg

2024-01-06 14.51.01.jpg

2024-01-06 14.16.49-1.jpg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a set of new Motorcraft windshield wipers in my garage for about a year and a half. I bought them because my wipers were "UGHHHHHHH." But of course, I never installed them. So I finally did that, and it's amazing how a new set of wipers just works so much better than a 4-year-old set. The cool thing is that they seem nicer than the factory wiper. The factory set is what I would consider a conventional set with leaf-style springs that press the wiper blade against the window. The new wipers are just the rubber blades that sit against the glass without the springs. But they seem nicer and of a higher quality.

I also got a dash-cam from my in-laws for my birthday. The funny thing is, they purchased it before my recent "run-in" with the Honda. (See that post here.) They had debated giving it to me for Hanukkah (my wife is Jewish, so I do Hanukkah with her AND Christmas!) but ultimately decided to give it to me for my birthday. Of course, I had my collision with that Honda and they were kicking themselves for not giving me the camera. HAHAHAHAHA

I got it hooked up temporarily, at first, with the cigarette lighter plug that the camera shipped with, but yesterday, I swapped the power supply for an OBD II plug-in and hid all of the wiring for a clean install! Look for videos of terrible South Florida drivers soon!

2024-01-06 14.50.50.jpg

2024-01-06 14.51.01.jpg

2024-01-06 14.16.49-1.jpg
4 years. Jesus man. 😂

I was trying to find the little pigtail I bought that plugs into the windshield thing there, it cuts down on one wire you have to hide... It was like 10 bucks or something. If I find it I'll post it....

Found it! Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (3-pin Type B) for Select Ford Vehicles. Compatible with 2019+ Ford Ranger, and More. Built-in USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install https://a.co/d/56aDsd5

And apparently it is 35 bucks. Holy hell that was an expensive wire. 😂

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Let us know how you like them in the snow. =)

I love driving in snow and when I first read this cartoon, I thought it was talking about making a skidding turn, like an e-brake tool, which I did a few times yesterday with a perfect 90° back into the driveway. My wife was in bed reading and saw me do it and laughed at me when I came back in. =D

our first "real" snow of the season
20240107_090650.jpg

the first of three Sunday snow throwing sessions with the electric Toro
20240107_092007.jpg

if this chain's dragging, time for tire chains! =D
20240107_091949.jpg

US-made foam brush worked great!
20240107_100411.jpg

Even with my 5'6" stature, I reached the entire roof without worry of denting the roof with the handle. And I could take away bite-sized amounts to keep from aggravating my shot shoulders
20240107_100707.jpg

20240107_090703.jpg

Last edited:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

I love driving in snow and when I first read this cartoon, I thought it was talking about making a skidding turn, like an e-brake tool, which I did a few times yesterday with a perfect 90° back into the driveway. My wife was in bed reading and saw me do it and laughed at me when I came back in. =D

our fist "real" snow of the season
20240107_090650.jpg

20240107_092007.jpg

20240107_091949.jpg

20240107_100411.jpg

Even with my 5'6" stature, I reached the entire roof without worry of denting the roof with the handle. And I could take away bite-sized amounts to keep from aggravating my shot shoulders
20240107_100707.jpg

20240107_090703.jpg
I have to drive across town this morning, it's been snowing since ~midnight. I'm excited about it. The gf, not so much. I love snow driving. She is a true Floridian. 😂

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I miss working company that had the annual site visit in Norway. I was always excited for snow while there. Once it was a blizzard and the ferries we normally took were shutdown so it was a really long drive round the fjord, finally conditions that allowed the use of the rear fog light on the shop's Volvo. I get excited for snow around here, but I drive the RS until it is too deep (>4") for it as it's the better equipped of the two, I ordered the RS with the Michelin Alpin PA4 optional wheel/tire set, so proper snow and ice tires. The OE tires on the Ranger are Triple-Peak rated, but still nothing next to a set of dedicated winter tires. I've even driving hours to get to the snow that is more common more inland from where I live to get some if there is none to be see here.

PXL_20220122_130216531 - Copy.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I miss working company that had the annual site visit in Norway. I was always excited for snow while there. Once it was a blizzard and the ferries we normally took were shutdown so it was a really long drive round the fjord, finally conditions that allowed the use of the rear fog light on the shop's Volvo. I get excited for snow around here, but I drive the RS until it is too deep (>4") for it as it's the better equipped of the two, I ordered the RS with the Michelin Alpin PA4 optional wheel/tire set, so proper snow and ice tires. The OE tires on the Ranger are Triple-Peak rated, but still nothing next to a set of dedicated winter tires. I've even driving hours to get to the snow that is more common more inland from where I live to get some if there is none to be see here.

With the weather predicted this week I brought mine in to be a garage queen for a while. Cleaned and waxed. Yours looks great out in the snow. I also have the Alpins. Drove them all summer as my original Cup 2s are shot. :confused: My Ranger gets the daily driver duty most of the time. Ranger doesn't have drift mode but that does not mean it can't be drifted.:crackup:
PXL_20240108_144726490.MP.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military

Nice RS!
Brian

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
4 years. Jesus man. 😂

I was trying to find the little pigtail I bought that plugs into the windshield thing there, it cuts down on one wire you have to hide... It was like 10 bucks or something. If I find it I'll post it....

Found it! Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (3-pin Type B) for Select Ford Vehicles. Compatible with 2019+ Ford Ranger, and More. Built-in USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install https://a.co/d/56aDsd5

And apparently it is 35 bucks. Holy hell that was an expensive wire. 😂
Expensive but much neater. Of course, with a bare-bones XL, I can't tap into the mirror but I did use a Dongar on my wife's car and it was great.

I hardwired my Ranger in so I would have always on power, but that's just me. =)

I hope I never catch this on my cam, unless I'm a few cars back!
1704729764294.jpeg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
And we made it back, in one piece.

Ranger does great in snow, slush and wet.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
And we made it back, in one piece.

Ranger does great in snow, slush and wet.
I love driving in the snow too, my wife, also not so much. She's from the east coast. But she moved here to ski, so I feel like she should be fine with it.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

our first "real" snow of the season
20240107_090650.jpg

20240107_092007.jpg

20240107_091949.jpg

20240107_100411.jpg

20240107_100707.jpg

20240107_090703.jpg
i still cant get over how much snow some of yall deal with...

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
1000004780.jpg

Factory muffler and what I assume is a resonator farther back off! Save it EPA nazis I don't wanna hear it 🤣
1000004775.jpg

Carven kit going on. Not too bad, biggest pita was getting factory exhaust off. Pro tip, factory band clamp is tac welded on so don't pull your hair out trying to remove it. Once it's loose I popped the rear bracket off and the rear rubber hangar so it was only suspended by the front by the muffler.

Then it's just a case of lifting the whole assembly and giving it enough wiggle up and down while tugging to pop it free.

The Carven assembly is a lot more compact, by design, it's meant to be high clearance for off roading.

1000004781.jpg

The Carven clamps call for 65ft lbs of torque, if they leak I'll scream 😂 The front one was easy the rear is kinda cramped and hard to get the leverage for.

1000004782.jpg

1000004784.jpg

Mmmmm high clearance assembly
1000004783.jpg

There's the rear clamp, coming at it from below the spare tire is kinda in the way. If I did it again tomorrow I might take the two minutes and drop that for the extra room especially when dicking with that clamp.
1000004786.jpg

Exhaust tip is close to the spare but there's a heat shield between them, here's another photo
1000004785.jpg

You can mess with the angle a little bit before tightening the rear band clamp but not a whole lot.

Going out for dinner and some errands will report back with sound, drone, etc. 😎

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
1000004780.jpg

Factory muffler and what I assume is a resonator farther back off! Save it EPA nazis I don't wanna hear it 🤣
1000004775.jpg

Carven kit going on. Not too bad, biggest pita was getting factory exhaust off. Pro tip, factory band clamp is tac welded on so don't pull your hair out trying to remove it. Once it's loose I popped the rear bracket off and the rear rubber hangar so it was only suspended by the front by the muffler.

Then it's just a case of lifting the whole assembly and giving it enough wiggle up and down while tugging to pop it free.

The Carven assembly is a lot more compact, by design, it's meant to be high clearance for off roading.

1000004781.jpg

The Carven clamps call for 65ft lbs of torque, if they leak I'll scream 😂 The front one was easy the rear is kinda cramped and hard to get the leverage for.

1000004782.jpg

1000004784.jpg

Mmmmm high clearance assembly
1000004783.jpg

There's the rear clamp, coming at it from below the spare tire is kinda in the way. If I did it again tomorrow I might take the two minutes and drop that for the extra room especially when dicking with that clamp.
1000004786.jpg

Exhaust tip is close to the spare but there's a heat shield between them, here's another photo
1000004785.jpg

You can mess with the angle a little bit before tightening the rear band clamp but not a whole lot.

Going out for dinner and some errands will report back with sound, drone, etc. 😎
so now we need a few sound clips!
Sponsored