First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Took it to the car wash, and found my twin!!!
Might have a new member here too!
Told him all about us.
Both xlt fx2!

20221009_180305.jpg
Great. If he knows how we are, he will never come around?

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Whelp, my first dent. Introduced my Ranger to a fire hydrant that must have been installed while I was inside the mexican restaurant in Ely NV having dinner yesterday. I swear it was not there when I parked.... Anyhow - waiting to hear back from a PDR guy in my area to see if the dent can be removed. *sigh*

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Whelp, my first dent. Introduced my Ranger to a fire hydrant that must have been installed while I was inside the mexican restaurant in Ely NV having dinner yesterday. I swear it was not there when I parked.... Anyhow - waiting to hear back from a PDR guy in my area to see if the dent can be removed. *sigh*

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg
Ouch.

Look at the bright side - you didn't break your ? ? ? ? LED headlamp !!

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
20221007_105428.jpg

20221007_112129.jpg

Installed the aFe Quantum Intake. I already had the power scoop and Velossa Tech Big Mouth.

I didn't notice really any difference with the intake, but just the silicone hose itself has to net benefit. The stock one is smaller and won't flow as efficiently.

I drove around and didn't really notice any difference.

20221008_143433.jpg

Then I installed the aFe Intercooler charge pipes. Huge difference. Way less turbo lag, power delivery is noticably smoother. The factory hot side pipe is a hot mess. Very restrictive what seems to be for sound. The factory cold side is pretty nice actually.

I'd say though that all of these modifications contributed to the final result. I'd be fine with the stock airbox if I could just change the silicone hose. The aFe scoop is nearly twice as big as stock, and I think the Velossa Tech for sure makes a difference, especially since I port matched the plastic cover.

Overall I'm super happy with this combination. The end result is much smoother power delivery and a more enjoyable driving experience.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Wow! Your effort was worth it!
Your truck looks younger now ;)
Woohoo, if it looks younger, then I better bathe in it! Thank you Kristina! =)

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Message me, if you’re interested. Not sure what shipping would cost, but I’ll let it go for a reasonable price.
i appreciate the offer, but i still havent gotten the front suspension done yet or the leafs even though all the parts are sitting in my garage ready to go lol. After i get the money for that stuff to be done i will see if you still have the box. Thank you !

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg
That’s a shame Kimball. After the PDR guy gets it straightened out, I look forward to your video on how to use a paint pen and a lot of wet sanding and buffing to make look like it never ever happened. ;)

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
That’s a shame Kimball. After the PDR guy gets it straightened out, I look forward to your video on how to use a paint pen and a lot of wet sanding and buffing to make look like it never ever happened. ;)
I've talked to 5 PDR guys - ALL of them said they won't even try. The gauge of metal on the bumper is too heavy for their tooling. Several of them said: "You need to talk to Ted!" - so I have a phone number of the only guy in town who apparently even tries to work on bumpers like ours... waiting for a call back.

Oh, and you can be sure the opportunity to show how to properly repair and feather the scratches has my gears turning... but I'm not sure there is much scratching on the actual paint. I have PPF installed on that bumper, and it *feels* like the scratches are only in the film, not into the clear coat or paint at all.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Message me, if you’re interested. Not sure what shipping would cost, but I’ll let it go for a reasonable price.
Hey man - I would be interested. Sent you a PM.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Finally had some time to get back out into the garage and tinker on the Ranger some more. I have had this style of multi-function LED light bar on my pickups for years, and after seeing how Msfitoy added ID lights to his Ranger, I went back out and took a second look at the light bar that I had.

It FITS!

I have to wire it up tomorrow. When complete, there will be 3 ID lamps that are on when the park or head lights are on. The remaining 8 LEDs will function with the brake & turn lamps.

20221010_173151.jpg

20221010_173209.jpg

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Finally had some time to get back out into the garage and tinker on the Ranger some more. I have had this style of multi-function LED light bar on my pickups for years, and after seeing how Msfitoy added ID lights to his Ranger, I went back out and took a second look at the light bar that I had.

It FITS!

I have to wire it up tomorrow. When complete, there will be 3 ID lamps that are on when the park or head lights are on. The remaining 8 LEDs will function with the brake & turn lamps.

20221010_173151.jpg

20221010_173209.jpg
All wired up this afternoon and working! :like:
Sponsored