OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Nothing exciting today... other than checking to be sure that my new cargo tie downs are still on track for Wednesday delivery. :turkey:

I think I'm going to order another set for the upper spot at the front of the bed. But probably going to have to wait a bit. At this point the Warden will quickly recognize the vender and dollar amounts. "You just ordered a set! Why did you need a second set?!" :blush:

May have to start ordering stuff with squirreled away cash. And have it delivered to my neighbors house.

Oh the things Ranger fever makes you do....

:angel:
I can see your neighbor's front yard in a few weeks...:LOL:

1679329704087.png
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Dude! You're back! Thought you got the dreaded "Banned" a while back. Must have been more like a time out.

Welcome back.
Thanks.

That whole ordeal was nothing more than an exercise in figuring out someone's true character. Now I know and now I move on having that knowledge. I have no further comment on the matter.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Nothing exciting today... other than checking to be sure that my new cargo tie downs are still on track for Wednesday delivery. :turkey:

I think I'm going to order another set for the upper spot at the front of the bed. But probably going to have to wait a bit. At this point the Warden will quickly recognize the vender and dollar amounts. "You just ordered a set! Why did you need a second set?!" :blush:

May have to start ordering stuff with squirreled away cash. And have it delivered to my neighbors house.

Oh the things Ranger fever makes you do....

:angel:
First verify the spacing for the upper front holes. Seems I tried to move my tie downs up and the spacing was different.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
First verify the spacing for the upper front holes. Seems I tried to move my tie downs up and the spacing was different.
Yep. I measured the spacing initially and while it seems correct, it just didn't seem to be exact. Hence my order of "one" set.

Gonna test fit one of my new ones up top before installing them in the mid-bed position. If it fits, then at a later "under the radar" time I'll order the second set. :angel:

Let's assume those top holes are a different spacing.... anyone have any idea what they are for?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Some camping trips. Buddy Heater pretty much makes 30 degree nights a non-factor. Low setting (20lb tank will last 220 hours) more than enough to keep the interior toasty.

100_0281.JPG
Hey Jack - is that setup simply integrated into your awning? It looks roomy enough, that’s for sure. Only slightly smaller than your old Garazeebo. ;)

I imagine you can access your storage bins on that side of the truck from that back wall too? I like it. ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jack - is that setup simply integrated into your awning? It looks roomy enough, that’s for sure. Only slightly smaller than your old Garazeebo. ;)

I imagine you can access your storage bins on that side of the truck from that back wall too? I like it. ?
Yes it is the ARB tent meant to go with the ARB awning and yes it has four sided access so you can still get to car doors or storage pods etc etc

It is 8.2ft x 8.2ft

IMG_20230318_165830.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is the ARB tent meant to go with the ARB awning and yes it has four sided access so you can still get to car doors or storage pods etc etc
I checked out that Buddy heater - not approved in MA or Canada - I imagine that’s a CO thing they haven’t gotten over - any idea how it works to avoid that or are you simply happy that it does?

The efficiency seems incredible. ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I checked out that Buddy heater - not approved in MA or Canada - I imagine that’s a CO thing they haven’t gotten over - any idea how it works to avoid that or are you simply happy that it does?

The efficiency seems incredible. ?
It has a tip over sensor as well as an oxygen sensor for automatic shut offs.

Generally I will open about a 12-in gap in the rear ceiling wall of the tent just as a precaution and also to keep condensation down.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design

I've been using these in the upper spot near the cab and they're great. You can bake them in a cake and get them past the Warden no problem.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
First what I did WITHOUT Pepper...I cheated...yes, I went on the 6g forum and snuck around! I was always planning to trade her after 4 years, and hit that at Christmas, but only 21k mi. I was not impressed with the re-design outside, but nothing a few mods wouldn't fix. Someone commented it looked like a fat Maverick, agreed. I thought 6g would come as 2023 model, nope it's a '24, and just starting production. So I have to wait. Was looking at the Mavericks too, but I'm not ready for that one yet! I also caught @AzScorpion lurking there, btw!
Now I'm feeling guilty, so Pepper got some "make-up wax". Actually 303 detailer. I just learned it looks better if done wet. The last time I did it, a few weeks ago, it looked crappy, lots of hazy smears that I had trouble buffing out, kept getting worse! But now, when wet, it looks better. It was just a "quickie", 52 degrees outside, no wheels or tires! Found a couple chips in the M2M trim! But she still looks good, after 4+ years, whatever that is in truck years!

20230320_165449.jpg

20230320_165503.jpg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Checking into sources of wind noise.
20230320_180915.jpg

Its kinda disappointing how loose fitting the weather stripping is here, and the stamped holes lot of dust in there.
Plan to throw some light rtv in here eventually.

And don't worry about my finger nails.
Sponsored