First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I feel like I'm driving a low rider sometimes when towing, shaken not stirred. WDH doesn't seem to help much. The joys of towing.

I don't know how your suspension or miarma's is set up, but pretty sure my trailer is larger and heavier than yours an I get no porpoising at all.
I have the Eibach's on the rear, Blue Sumo's, and the Roadmaster Active Suspension, which I believe is the main reason I have no problems.
I also have some decant E rated 10 ply tires that I can pump up to 50 psi with no worry, and that definitely helped.
I think the porpoising comes from the rear suspension being too soft, with maybe a part of the problem is the road surface in certain areas.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I don't know how your suspension or miarma's is set up, but pretty sure my trailer is larger and heavier than yours an I get no porpoising at all.
I have the Eibach's on the rear, Blue Sumo's, and the Roadmaster Active Suspension, which I believe is the main reason I have no problems.
I also have some decant E rated 10 ply tires that I can pump up to 50 psi with no worry, and that definitely helped.
I think the porpoising comes from the rear suspension being too soft, with maybe a part of the problem is the road surface in certain areas.
yes mostly due to uneven road surface and I've only experienced it at lower speeds, it does get your attention. I have the FX4 package which has been universally dissed on here. Maybe some day I'll upgrade the shocks, right now figuring out how I'm going to mount my new 1up bike rack ($700) onto my TT, going to have to have a 2" receiver welded onto frame. I did take note of what you said regards having an F-150 , your garage size limiting you to a mid size pickup. That was the main reason I bought a Ranger - the house I owned for 30 yrs had the standard small garage, I had stuff hanging all over the walls, now I have a 3 car garage, 2 slots would fit 2 full sized pickups with room to spare and my 3rd slot would fit 2 standard cars parked front to rear. Headed out this weekend with the TT for some boondocking in the Dolores Canyon area of CO - not heavily used and the CO Senators sponsoring legislation to make it a National conservation area.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Yea, the FX series shocks are hot garbage for towing and should be thrown in the bin at the first opportunity. All 4 of them.

Juany118

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I've honestly never had a problem with any of the dogs I've ever owned using the same break frequency as me. Current dog when he was younger would outright refuse to go to the bathroom on road trips, even. Thankfully he doesn't do that anymore.
The rat terrier obviously has a small bladder. Plus she is a rescue who had a litter (she was a street dog) which reportedly can make the bladder muscles weaker. Add in 10-year-old girl and stops become a bit more frequent. My coonhound can hold his bladder for 13 hours, He just gets ready cuz he's high energy.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Another day of towing... Kinda sucked, since I haven't reinstalled the programer. I guess I got use to having it.

20240420_134417.jpg
Nice little Explorer. Don't see too many of the 2 door's around anymore.

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
Sometimes I wish the 5G had a stick as I like to think of it being the new theft deterrent 😁.

Most people that might think about trying to steal it would look in, see the stick, turn around and walk away 😀 as they have no idea how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission 😅😂🤣

Then I get stuck in rush hour traffic and I remember the reason why don't have one 😋

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Sometimes I wish the 5G had a stick as I like to think of it being the new theft deterrent 😁.

Most people that might think about trying to steal it would look in, see the stick, turn around and walk away 😀 as they have no idea how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission 😅😂🤣

Then I get stuck in rush hour traffic and I remember the reason why don't have one 😋
it absolutely is a theft deterrent. a few years ago, someone tried to steal a neighbor's car. they got it to the bottom of the hill, but because they couldn't drive a manual, they couldn't get it up the next hill to get out of the neighborhood. so they abandoned it.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
it absolutely is a theft deterrent. a few years ago, someone tried to steal a neighbor's car. they got it to the bottom of the hill, but because they couldn't drive a manual, they couldn't get it up the next hill to get out of the neighborhood. so they abandoned it.
Can just imagine someone trying to steal a veh with the old "3 on a tree" !!!!!
Sponsored