First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mothballs work wonders on both. Just get a cloth sack put about 10 of them in there and find a place to place it. Every few months change them out and problem gone!

That’s a grandma trick from way back!
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Mothballs work wonders on both. Just get a cloth sack put about 10 of them in there and find a place to place it. Every few months change them out and problem gone!

That’s a grandma trick from way back!
The downside... is it stinks like hell....

I feel sorry for all those moths though... I mean... really? What did they do to you?

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
OP
OP
GySgt.Elliott

GySgt.Elliott

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Medical device manufacturing, Retired USMC
Well the dealership finally got the part number issue sorted, but the wire harness is on back order and won’t be here till some time between the 25th of February and the 29th of March. So it may be up to two months that my truck will be dead in the water due to the furry rodent. Also just for everyone’s information that harness is $900.00. Not counting labor.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
That stuff doesn't work on anything with teeth. Ask me how I know...

I'd put some Flaming hot sauce on the harness, and then warn the technicians to spray it off if they ever have to work on it :)

That or just a paper towel full of hot sauce secured with a zip tie to where they might want to take up residence.

I've used this one in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/Iguana-Fuego-Ultra-Hot-Sauce/dp/B0032P1U22
I used that behind my chimney where something was chewing. Squirrels are through it and moved into my attic. That stuff doesn’t do shit.

OP
OP
GySgt.Elliott

GySgt.Elliott

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Medical device manufacturing, Retired USMC
Well the dealership has had my truck for three months and they finally found a wire harness after I called Ford Customer Care and they elevated it to emergency status. They have completed the repair and then tell me “oops we did see that some insulation needs replaced and it will be another week and separating the cab from the gram.” The bill is just over $4,000.00 before they do this. They had to disassemble part of the engine bay, the dash, and part of the body to the rear. The labor was three times the cost of the part. And to add insult to injury we had a hail storm and my truck got damaged while in the dealers care. They are trying to make me pay for that, and I am fighting it and will get a lawyer involved if need be. If the truck would have been at my house there wouldn’t have been a hail damage. It is not my insurance or my fault that a simple repair just keeps dragging on.

Hope non of you need spare parts because I have been told by the dealership and Ford that this is the norm these days. Right now the dealership has had my truck longer than I have. It only had 1,000 miles on it when this nightmare started.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
That is a bummer to be without your truck for this long. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer to get it back.

Just more proof that squirrels are evil and hell bent on taking over the world. I had to start putting ears of corn out in the yard to keep them lil bastards out of my house. The cats earn their keep with all the mice but won't mess with squirrels.

And yes in the long run, buying bags of squirrel corn is cheaper than having to fix holes in the house, chewed up wiring and replacing insulation that they use for nests. Plus once season opens up, I'm set.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Well the dealership has had my truck for three months and they finally found a wire harness after I called Ford Customer Care and they elevated it to emergency status. They have completed the repair and then tell me “oops we did see that some insulation needs replaced and it will be another week and separating the cab from the gram.” The bill is just over $4,000.00 before they do this. They had to disassemble part of the engine bay, the dash, and part of the body to the rear. The labor was three times the cost of the part. And to add insult to injury we had a hail storm and my truck got damaged while in the dealers care. They are trying to make me pay for that, and I am fighting it and will get a lawyer involved if need be. If the truck would have been at my house there wouldn’t have been a hail damage. It is not my insurance or my fault that a simple repair just keeps dragging on.

Hope non of you need spare parts because I have been told by the dealership and Ford that this is the norm these days. Right now the dealership has had my truck longer than I have. It only had 1,000 miles on it when this nightmare started.

I've had similar issues waiting for parts, I suspect the vast majority of these truck will be "totaled" in year 7 by lack of parts supply...

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Or they will become more valuable wrecked because of lack of parts. Just look at what salvage Teslas go for!

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
I do feel your pain. My truck‘s harness dumped at 100 miles. No ETA on fixing it.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
The squirrels and I have an agreement.....Stay outta my stuff and I won't shoot you. Now woodpeckers, that's a different story.

IMG_3654.jpg
Those are OK, but loud.... try some of these: Aguila Colibri---no noise, except for the trigger and/or hammer. basically, just the primer propels the bullet. Works on rats too. I'll post a pic of the box tomorrow, if I remember......just had a Kessler nightcap, and it's doing the typing for me :crazy: G'nite all ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
All you hear is the hammer hitting the firing pin.

22 Colibri top.jpg
22 Colibri side.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My .22 suppressed is the same, a faint little poof. Heck I make more noise than that on Taco Tuesday. :shock::lipssealed:

IMG_2841.jpg
My brother in law was shooting ccr mini mags out of his suppressed rifle the other day and I swear it was louder than unsuppressed. The p22 is pretty quiet though when suppressed even with the mini mags.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Same thing happened to my husband's GMC Sierra. We think it was a Groundhog. Chewed right through undercoating. GMC dealer quoted just shy of $1000 to fix the wiring and re apply undercoat. Covered under vehicle comprehensive insurance, less deductible.
Sponsored