Just SOME of the Warnings I Got Today

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
While driving to work today I got several warnings and Adaptive Cruise Control was Not Available, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, Hill Assist not Available, Service AdvanceTrac, ABS Warning Light, Stability Control Warning Light came on and MORE!

When I started it back up later the warnings were still present and I decided to drive to the Dealer to have it checked out. On the way I had to make a hard U-Turn and all Warnings Cleared!!!! So strange!
svc-1.jpg
svc-2.jpg
svc-3.jpg
svc-5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Odd - that almost sounds like a loose connector somewhere - or an intermittent short. Let us know if it comes back.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me the steering angle calibration was off then cleared itself. Any mods or alignment recently?

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me the steering angle calibration was off then cleared itself. Any mods or alignment recently?
No mods that would affect this. Only about 1950 Road miles on it with no significant bump or pot hole action here in Florida. Happened just cruising down the road at 65mph.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Go through any heavy rains/flooded roads lately? Possibly had some water inside something.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Go through any heavy rains/flooded roads lately? Possibly had some water inside something.
Nope! That's why it's so strange! Park Assist Sensor Warning as well!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nope! That's why it's so strange! Park Assist Sensor Warning as well!
I am sorry to read that. If those lamps came on, there is a reason and they should have thrown a code. Have the dealer run diags to see if any codes come up.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I am sorry to read that. If those lamps came on, there is a reason and they should have thrown a code. Have the dealer run diags to see if any codes come up.
Yeah, that's my next step

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Pre-Collision Assist Not Available the other day. Went away on its own.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I got the Pre-Collision Assist Not Available the other day. Went away on its own.
Foreign matter on the windshield, front camera or radar can cause it to stop functioning.which would cause the message. Owners manual page 197.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Foreign matter on the windshield, front camera or radar can cause it to stop functioning.which would cause the message. Owners manual page 197.
Well, it is Love-bug season here in Florida and that’s exactly what I suspected but there wasn’t anything covering the camera or radar sensor areas. Warnings includes Parking sensors and other functions not related to camera or radar.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Well, it is Love-bug season here in Florida and that’s exactly what I suspected but there wasn’t anything covering the camera or radar sensor areas. Warnings includes Parking sensors and other functions not related to camera or radar.
Yeah,I read your post and it sounds disconcerting, but I was actually responding to Anthony's post, with the hope that it might help anyone who reads it.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I know the reasoning behind it (I actually got the alert on my FordPass app too that explains everything as well). Just letting the OP know its not quite a non-normal event.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I might suggest to check the electrical connector under the left headlight...hard to get to but I found mine was not connected solidly. One handed pinch and I heard the click of a seated connector....now the forward parking sensors came alive again.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. - Retired

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I might suggest to check the electrical connector under the left headlight...hard to get to but I found mine was not connected solidly. One handed pinch and I heard the click of a seated connector....now the forward parking sensors came alive again.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. - Retired
It’s at the Ford Dealer now so it’s up to them to diagnose. There are no Warnings since the original event and e everything has been working normally. I hope they decide to just swap out whatever module controls all this stuff. It’s a Lease, and under Warranty, so it’s on them.
Sponsored