Wax/Paint Protection

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I've been using The Last Coat which is a ceramic hybrid and I love it. Goes on and off super easy. There are a lot of YouTube videos on it but make sure you get the second gen version if you get it.

This stuff repels water and dirt so good it's amazing. I ran it through the touchless (always touchless) carwash and the soap wants to just slide off and not stick. I highly recommend it.
I just order The Last Coat!
Sponsored

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Have yet to get a single manufacturer to document exactly what nano-sized ceramic particles actually do for your paint (aside from create a potential liability) in terms of protection, gloss, or hydrophobic properties.

They do wax on poetically (see what I did there?) about their advanced Zaino, sorry, polymers and the OTHER chemicals **Zaino**, in their product.

But the "ceramic" seems to simply be the keyword to magically attach their siphon to your bank account.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
As Iā€™ve stated in other posts, Iā€™m an old fart. My knowledge of paint protection is a can of Turtle Wax paste wax. Lots of elbow grease and never really happy with the results.

I inquired of a reputable detail shop about ceramic treatment and was quoted something like $500 for my new truck.

Iā€™m looking for an easy to use product. Open to suggestions.
Approaching old fart age myself. I was a loyal Mother's Paste Wax user for decades but a couple years ago I had surgery on both hands (a few months apart). I was at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle and stumbled across the Meguiar's trailer and explained my issues and do you have any wax that goes on and comes off easily? They suggested their Gold Class paste wax that I like a lot and buffs off easily. I'm not a fan of liquid wax but my uncle turned me on to Collonite Liquid which puts on a helluva shine.

Ffpmme24

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger XLT FX4, Black Package
Occupation
Sweat
Figured I would add my two cents, My go to is Meguire's Mirror Glaze line up. I just did it few weeks ago. Meguire's Show Car Glae and then High Tech Yellow Wax on top, with a Final Inspection spray. Had some water spots but was able to get them off. figuring out pictures, but will post soon!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
When I got into detailing about 20 years ago the go-to products were Klasse. It's a very easy process, just wipe on wipe off. Products may have gotten better over the years, but I stick with what I know.

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kinda' on the fence about whether to clay bar first or not. I've done it with vehicles in the past, and i know I probably should for best results. (This will be my first experience with a Ceramic product).
Its a good idea to clay bar after you wash & dry your truck. The Clay Bar will remove any paint surface particles that remain on your paint after washing. My 2019 Ranger had an X-Liner spray bed liner installed. There was a lot of over spray which was expected. After washing my truck the paint felt like sandpaper. I used a clay bar to remove & then polished with Klaus All in One Polish. Clay bar removed the over spray & the paint is smooth & shiny !

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I know right? I canā€™t believe how well Turtle Wax Ceramic works. Super easy.
I remember spending hours hand wax numerous vehicles.. The TW Ceramic wet wax is probably the best jump in results for the time spent I have done since getting a DA

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I remember spending hours hand wax numerous vehicles.. The TW Ceramic wet wax is probably the best jump in results for the time spent I have done since getting a DA
I remember using those old paste waxes and by the time I was done I needed to soak my wrist in a bucket of ice. lol Now I can wash, clay, dry and Graphene in less time without needing an ice bucket.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I haven;t tried a clay towel but I used a clay mitt and you're right it's so much better and easier to use than using a clay bar! Just use a lot of lube ( I use speed detailer) and literally no pressure and your paint comes out super smooth. I haven't used the 303 Tonneau Cover Spray because I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on everything inside and out. If you haven't tried it yet give it a try. It's nice to just use one product on everything. :)
Have you noticed any issues using on clear glass? I noticed it says on my bottle not to use on clear glass.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Have you noticed any issues using on clear glass? I noticed it says on my bottle not to use on clear glass.
Sorry I was a little vague in that post, I don't use it on glass. For that I use the 303 Graphene Nano spray as it beads up and repels water way better than Rain-X. I use the Aerospace Protectant on the top of the bed rails and my tonneau cover. Inside I'll use it on everything from my leather seats, dash, door panels and shifter boot cover.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Sorry I was a little vague in that post, I don't use it on glass. For that I use the 303 Graphene Nano spray as it beads up and repels water way better than Rain-X. I use the Aerospace Protectant on the top of the bed rails and my tonneau cover. Inside I'll use it on everything from my leather seats, dash, door panels and shifter boot cover.
Didnā€™t realize there were so many products haha. I have the aerospace and tire spray. I used the aerospace on my black rims today but just sprayed onto microfiber towel and wiped on.

I had been using the aerospace on the exterior black trim including roof trim, window trim, grill, bumper, etc. Are you recommending the nano spray for this instead?

Looks like I have another product to buyā€¦.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Didnā€™t realize there were so many products haha. I have the aerospace and tire spray. I used the aerospace on my black rims today but just sprayed onto microfiber towel and wiped on.

I had been using the aerospace on the exterior black trim including roof trim, window trim, grill, bumper, etc. Are you recommending the nano spray for this instead?

Looks like I have another product to buyā€¦.
Mike, I use to use the Aerospace Protectant on the exterior rubber (still use it on the rear bumper plastic) but since they came out the the Graphene I've been using that instead. It has great UV protection and can be used all all surfaces like paint, glass, rubber and plastic so it's now an easier one step/product application. If you decide to get it you can read my write up here. It's super easy to apply and buff off and there's also a couple videos link there too. Your Ranger will look great once you use it as it really makes the darker colors pop and the depth of the paint come out.
Sponsored