First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
MAK Grills
I had the professional detail guy apply our ceramic coating, it is expensive but amazing! I think he puts on 5 coats and it takes a week to get the truck back lol. The longest part is removing all the old wax and prepping the finish for the ceramic coating. I guess once it is on there whatever is underneath will be there forever so that parts important! We have had 3 cars done so far, the oldest is our Jeep Liberty which has had the coating for 5+ years, still looks perfect and beads water like I just waxed it. You can still get rock chips and such if it hits hard enough but for normal stuff it is much harder (more scratch resistant) than without it by far. My favorite part is how much easier it is to wash and dry, no sticking towel :)
Sponsored

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I posted that I used Turtle Wax Ice in a much earlier post in this thread, and am not surprised by the test results. I have been using it for more than 10 years. I think that it's greatest attribute is that it can be used on plastic. I found that it restored some of "blackness" to the exterior black plastic trim on my '06 Ranger.
You should try this stuff, it's easy on and easy off nature. Keep a moist paper towel to wipe off of painted surfaces as you go. This will literally penetrate the plastics and properly dye them back to black. Not dark grey, not a top coat such as "back to black" (which is TERRIBLE stuff and doesn't work for beans).

A bottle of this has lasted me for years and done dozens of bumpers, fenders, mirror caps, bed rails, etc. The product seems to go on forever at a low initial cost.

Solution Finish Plastic Restorer

olution-finish-black-plastic-vinyl-restorer-1-oz-6.gif

solution-finish-kit-3.jpg

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Love 303 -- I see they have a spray wax also I wonder if it works as well as the other protectant? -- truck looks good! I guess I know what im doing today........

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Love 303 -- I see they have a spray wax also I wonder if it works as well as the other protectant? -- truck looks good! I guess I know what im doing today........
The 303 products are great,especially the Aerospace Protectant. You won't find a better UV protectant than this stuff. I haven't tried their spray wax yet because I've been using Optimum spray wax and the opti - Seal for years and have been very happy with them. I did a post here on all the detail products I use,most are 303/Trinova which are both made by Gold Eagle.

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yall need to stop using the spray on hybrid ceramic stuff, it doesnt work, waste of time and money.

If you don't want to do the prep involved in a real ceramic coating you can get a much better sealant product with the typical rub in, let haze, wipe off application like chemical guys JetSeal.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Love 303 but I wasnā€™t impressed with the spray wax. I am impressed with Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine.

Going to try their Ceramic spray next.

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
Anyone here is Ammo products?
Ammo Reflex and Skin are the best non-ceramic coatings Iā€™ve ever used!

And more importantly, Larry has extremely detailed videos about each of his products explaining the theory behind it all and educating users on how to properly use them.
6149C068-F09D-4215-908A-C64AF9D44E44.jpeg

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone here is Ammo products?
Ammo Reflex and Skin are the best non-ceramic coatings Iā€™ve ever used!

And more importantly, Larry has extremely detailed videos about each of his products explaining the theory behind it all and educating users on how to properly use them.
6149C068-F09D-4215-908A-C64AF9D44E44.jpeg
I've tried them and they are nice. They come with a heavy marketing budget (which is reflected in the price) so i've stayed away from their products beyond free trials. There are plenty of chemicals which will do what AMMO does and better, but AMMO has the video/education component to help you learn to use them if you aren't experienced.

Personal opinion is that AMMO is the modern version of customer education which Griots garage is famous for doing at car shows around the country, except Griots education is in-person with boots on the ground and putting the product in the customers hands.

Full disclosure: I haven't used Griots paint correction compounds in at least 20 years as they were geared for the "I can't ruin my paint!"crowd. Apparently their lineup is more diverse in paint correction compounds now? Either way, I felt the AMMO products were also geared for the DIY person who must reduce the odds of paint damage as much as possible while learning, while giving those people an excellent finish.

There is always something new and exciting in the detailing world with "ceramic" replacing "Zaino" as the DaVinci code keyword to unlock your wallet. Adding "ceramic" to a car care product has become so cult-like that it can be likened to this spiritual video by JP Sears:

What I think of when people spout "ceramic" as the keyword to a quality product

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Tried the new Turtle Wax Ceramic. Easy to apply and great gloss. Weā€™ll see how it lasts.
C34693E9-4798-4B6C-82E2-C58AE6700838.jpeg

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Auto Detailer
In my experience, Turtle Wax Ice Spray is a good product. Currently, I am using it and not thinking to an alternative.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.
Had a bottle of Butter Wet Wax... Did two cars with it (3 applications in total), and gave away the bottle.

There was absolutely no reason for the product to be so difficult to apply, yet somehow even worse to buff off, and provide so little depth, shine or value for the work put into it.

Butter Wet Wax was the chemical I couldn't even give to a neighbor, lest I have to watch him spend an entire day just with a single application of this stuff.... And hear about it constantly while I used something drastically easier to apply/buff off, with better results, for the same price, but without the really cool logo and product branding.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
As Iā€™ve stated in other posts, Iā€™m an old fart. My knowledge of paint protection is a can of Turtle Wax paste wax. Lots of elbow grease and never really happy with the results.

I inquired of a reputable detail shop about ceramic treatment and was quoted something like $500 for my new truck.

Iā€™m looking for an easy to use product. Open to suggestions.

I've been using The Last Coat which is a ceramic hybrid and I love it. Goes on and off super easy. There are a lot of YouTube videos on it but make sure you get the second gen version if you get it.

This stuff repels water and dirt so good it's amazing. I ran it through the touchless (always touchless) carwash and the soap wants to just slide off and not stick. I highly recommend it.
Sponsored