Long time paint ruiner, first time 'wanna wax-er'

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Mike, I just wanted to to let you know I'm still waiting for a response. He might be out of the office today because he usually gets back to me right away. As soon as I hear from him I'll let you know what he says.
thanks - fortunately it’s not too bad. I do appreciate you reaching out though!!
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I wouldn't use the Graphene on the tonneau cover, only one the truck body, plastic and glass areas. It should be ok but I'm guessing the tonneau cover is to porous and will absorb the graphene into it which is making it hard to buff out. Once you get it all buffed out let it weather for a few months and the use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on the cover. I've only used the 303 Aerospace Protectant on mine and it still looks brand new after 3 years here.
This has been a great topic for me.

I've been the type to just rinse it once in a while or go to the do-it-yourself car wash.

But now that Kate has a fancy car, she doesn't mind spending 3 hours detailing it (I sat, with Cheech, watching her from a lawn chair).

BUT ... I like the Ranger a lot and was wondering about an economical protecting scheme. I saw that you can do that plastic sheet stuff for like $9,000!!! Forget that.

And I can't really ever imagine that I'd clay bar anything. But Kate's now gotten some foam stuff that she thinks is better than Mr. Pink and some fancy brake dust cleaner. She's going down the rabbit hole at full speed!

It's sounds like graphene may be a decent way to go. Not quite as involved as ceramic and a bit less (that's my perception, but I have no reference for it).

I kind of want something like waxing, just the latest advances in it, which sounds a lot like graphene.

I'm a huge fan of 303 Aerospace Protectant and use it like crazy on our kayaks (and, thanks to @AzScorpion I'm going to use it on my Bak Revolver very soon!

So am I naive that I can wash my car very well (soap cannon, pressure washer, blah, blah, blah) and then apply graphene to it and buff it out?

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I've been the type to just rinse it once in a while or go to the do-it-yourself car wash.

But now that Kate has a fancy car, she doesn't mind spending 3 hours detailing it (I sat, with Cheech, watching her from a lawn chair).

BUT ... I like the Ranger a lot and was wondering about an economical protecting scheme. I saw that you can do that plastic sheet stuff for like $9,000!!! Forget that.

And I can't really ever imagine that I'd clay bar anything. But Kate's now gotten some foam stuff that she thinks is better than Mr. Pink and some fancy brake dust cleaner. She's going down the rabbit hole at full speed!

It's sounds like graphene may be a decent way to go. Not quite as involved as ceramic and a bit less (that's my perception, but I have no reference for it).

I kind of want something like waxing, just the latest advances in it, which sounds a lot like graphene.

I'm a huge fan of 303 Aerospace Protectant and use it like crazy on our kayaks (and, thanks to @AzScorpion I'm going to use it on my Bak Revolver very soon!

So am I naive that I can wash my car very well (soap cannon, pressure washer, blah, blah, blah) and then apply graphene to it and buff it out?
I had used the aerospace protectant on the tonneau cover a few times prior and it’s been great.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

It's definitely a deep dark rabbit hole David but it is enjoyable for some of us. lol Take a look at this write up I did here on the Graphene which should help/show you how it's applied. There's also a few good videos there too from the pros showing you how easy it is. One thing I love about it is it really is user friendly and easy to buff out, unless you apply to much then it can be some effort. It will last you a year and I like to do 3 coats for the maximum protection but 1-2 should be good. Follow it up with the Graphene Detailer spray every 4-6 weeks and it'll really make Soupie shine and Kate's new ride too. There are many great detail products out there now I'm just very happy with this one and it's been the only one I've tried that gives me a full year of protection out here. Plus the detailer spray really makes it slick and has a great shine. Let me know if you have any other questions after reading through those threads. ?

IMG_4826.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
It's definitely a deep dark rabbit hole David but it is enjoyable for some of us. lol Take a look at this write up I did here on the Graphene which should help/show you how it's applied. There's also a few good videos there too from the pros showing you how easy it is. One thing I love about it is it really is user friendly and easy to buff out, unless you apply to much then it can be some effort. It will last you a year and I like to do 3 coats for the maximum protection but 1-2 should be good. Follow it up with the Graphene Detailer spray every 4-6 weeks and it'll really make Soupie shine and Kate's new ride too. There are many great detail products out there now I'm just very happy with this one and it's been the only one I've tried that gives me a full year of protection out here. Plus the detailer spray really makes it slick and has a great shine. Let me know if you have any other questions after reading through those threads. ?

IMG_4826.jpg
Thanks @AzScorpion for your incredible write up and encouragement. And holy cow, your truck is so shiny! It always is and it's always stunning.

Of course, when I google graphene, I found this and immediately went running in circles and screaming:

"as graphene currently ranges at anywhere between $67,000 and $200,000 a ton"

But phew, the stuff you like is under $20 a bottle, that's more my speed! =)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks @AzScorpion for your incredible write up and encouragement. And holy cow, your truck is so shiny! It always is and it's always stunning.

Of course, when I google graphene, I found this and immediately went running in circles and screaming:

"as graphene currently ranges at anywhere between $67,000 and $200,000 a ton"

But phew, the stuff you like is under $20 a bottle, that's more my speed! =)
Thanks David. It really is super easy to use and Soupie should really shine up nice using this too.

That's a whole lot of damper sales! :shock:

If you do decide to get some this is a great price on the bundle package.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-holiday-bundle/

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks David. It really is super easy to use and Soupie should really shine up nice using this too.

That's a whole lot of damper sales! :shock:

If you do decide to get some this is a great price on the bundle package.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-holiday-bundle/
Read your post and bookmarked the videos to watch with Kate tonight (see, after 32 years - last week - we still know how to be romantic). =D

Grabbed another bottle of marine protectant to get free shipping - thanks for the heads up on the special!

And since I now have an account, I'll have more stuff to post here that I get in the mail! =D

1658788163200.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Read your post and bookmarked the videos to watch with Kate tonight (see, after 32 years - last week - we still know how to be romantic). =D

Grabbed another bottle of marine protectant to get free shipping - thanks for the heads up on the special!

And since I now have an account, I'll have more stuff to post here that I get in the mail! =D

1658788163200.png
Ahhh there's nothing more romantic than sitting with your partner watching 303 videos. :inlove:??

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I had used the aerospace protectant on the tonneau cover a few times prior and it’s been great.
My challenge will be my height, or lack of! I'm not sure I can reach the middle of the tonneau on a step ladder! =D

Maybe a rag on a stick?

1658788901146.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My challenge will be my height, or lack of! I'm not sure I can reach the middle of the tonneau on a step ladder! =D

Maybe a rag on a stick?

1658788901146.png
I'm vertically challenged too. I use a 4' step and I can reach the middle of the cover easily. But I bought this new gadget and now I can reach the middle even easier along with the hood when detailing. :shock:

IMG_4704.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I'm vertically challenged too. I use a 4' step and I can reach the middle of the cover easily. But I bought this new gadget and now I can reach the middle even easier along with the hood when detailing. :shock:

IMG_4704.jpg
Oh crap, something that I really do need to buy! Okay, where is it from?

*gets out already metinc Amex card*

I do like that it looks to be stamped aluminum?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_4704.jpg
This is good. I normally climb up and stand on the tire but I don’t have great feet or a great back so it feels like an accident waiting to happen.

But it does feel good to climb stuff… like a kid again haha

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay, supposed to be here Wednesday!

I do like that it folds - thanks for the link and Jeff Bezos thanks you too! =p
:LOL:Well that was quick. lol

Yes it does fold up and store away nicely out of the way. There's also adjustable levelers that go against the tire so it's really stable when you're standing on it.
Sponsored