First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
The only thing remotely close in the future that could maybe, possibly, [insert other remote description here] make me consider a trade in is see if
Would love to see Ram do a Dakota in the new Ram 1500 style.
For me, to complete your above statement... I would love a new regular cab Ranger or Tacoma very inexpensive in 4x4 with a manual transmission. But my definition of inexpensive wouldn’t meet their definition. If that happened I might even splurge and get myself a sports car to get in trouble with.
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
The only thing remotely close in the future that could maybe, possibly, [insert other remote description here] make me consider a trade in is see if Dodge brings the Dakota back as a mid-size entry. Even if they do, styling and powertrain will be a huge deciding factor.

If it comes out looking like a spaceship like every truck now a days no deal. The current Ranger and Tacoma are the last trucks to look like trucks instead of SUV's or Mini-vans with a bed cut in. I have no interest in sports car looking headlights and front ends on trucks.

I still have a fond spot in the brain data banks of my Dakota V8 Magnum manual 6-speed I had quite some years ago.
I’m with you there! I had a 05 Dakota 4 door V8, although a V8 with 230hp left a lot to be desired lol but overall was a nice rig and I liked the body style a lot

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my truck, but with the kids (12, 8, 5) it wasn’t quite as well suited for our needs. Now have a 2020 Magma Red F-150. This is my second 2.7L truck. Pics aren’t great as it was time for dinner and then dark when I came back out. As you can see they’ve already taken over with backpacks and gym bags.

2020 Magma Red STX 4x4 2.7L zero mods at this time.

79289A1C-39A0-4ED4-9704-FD6A88726523.jpeg

86FF5B2C-0BE8-45E7-8814-16781728EFB7.jpeg

E6B554BC-126C-4FFC-90B6-66123802F08E.jpeg

88087312-A2A1-4EF1-B373-78A869DC8DDF.jpeg
My thinking has been, the F150 is a great truck, probably the greatest truck, but there is just the wife and I, and so a Ranger is the perfect size for us, and the F150 is too big to be practical. However, looking at the way that the generators in the PowerBoost 150s worked during the recent storms and power-outages in Texas, I would have to reconsider that thinking when the time comes for our next vehicle (c. 2023+). Will the new Rangers have this option? If so, will they have enough power to run our household items for a few days until power comes back on? Will I have to move up to the 150? Time will tell...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
My thinking has been, the F150 is a great truck, probably the greatest truck, but there is just the wife and I, and so a Ranger is the perfect size for us, and the F150 is too big to be practical. However, looking at the way that the generators in the PowerBoost 150s worked during the recent storms and power-outages in Texas, I would have to reconsider that thinking when the time comes for our next vehicle (c. 2023+). Will the new Rangers have this option? If so, will they have enough power to run our household items for a few days until power comes back on? Will I have to move up to the 150? Time will tell...
A generator would be a lot cheaper. :)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
A generator would be a lot cheaper. :)
Hey, Tracy, you are right, of course, and we have looked into that, but we did not like the idea of storing gasoline or kerosene around the house, for all the obvious reasons. In Delaware, we get a couple of major storms per year as a rule, and every year or so the power goes out. So this is not exactly urgent but something we do want to deal with down the line. My thinking is that the Rangers will likely get Powerboost options by 2022/2023, which would give us all more torque and portable generators to boot--the proverbial two birds with one stone. If not, then, I want to stay with Ford trucks and our local family-owned Ford dealer, and so, yeah, I would consider an F150.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, Tracy, you are right, of course, and we have looked into that, but we did not like the idea of storing gasoline or kerosene around the house, for all the obvious reasons. In Delaware, we get a couple of major storms per year as a rule, and every year or so the power goes out. So this is not exactly urgent but something we do want to deal with down the line. My thinking is that the Rangers will likely get Powerboost options by 2022/2023, which would give us all more torque and portable generators to boot--the proverbial two birds with one stone. If not, then, I want to stay with Ford trucks and our local family-owned Ford dealer, and so, yeah, I would consider an F150.
Just janking with you Marc! :crackup: :turkey: That WOULD be nice to have.:)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Careful with generators and their quality. Good ones produce a square wave. This keeps from frying your electronics. Cheap ones kill your appliances faster than anything else will. I know this the hard way. Own a Honda generator now at 6.5KW. It’s portable but still pretty heavy.

I picked this one up off Craigslist years ago during off-season time. Half the price of new. Then went into adding a converter so I can run gas, propane or natural gas. So in essence it can run for as long as I have available fuel anywhere.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
We test drove A 150 when looking at Ranger. Just so darn big!
Yeah, same here, I had one as a loaner when my (former) Explorer was in the shop. I loved it, the wife hated it, "just so darn big," but still....

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Careful with generators and their quality. Good ones produce a square wave. This keeps from frying your electronics. Cheap ones kill your appliances faster than anything else will. I know this the hard way. Own a Honda generator now at 6.5KW. It’s portable but still pretty heavy.

I picked this one up off Craigslist years ago during off-season time. Half the price of new. Then went into adding a converter so I can run gas, propane or natural gas. So in essence it can run for as long as I have available fuel anywhere.
How the heck can we (regular consumers)know what waveform they produce? :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ya I don’t think people realize how inexpensive generators are lol
Back east I bought a Honda EU200 portable generator to use on the job site. We started getting a lot of storms one year which knocked out power a lot. This way we were (my crew) still able to keep working. Honda's are a little more pricey than most but they start every time first pull and just keep running!

Honda EU2000.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
How the heck can we (regular consumers)know what waveform they produce? :crackup:
Get one tested. It’s easy to do. If it was a high quality output they would most definitely advertise that!

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Yeah, same here, I had one as a loaner when my (former) Explorer was in the shop. I loved it, the wife hated it, "just so darn big," but still....
While driving it around town it was so BIG, we couldn't appreciate it. Hard to keep in-between the yellow lines on secondary highways as well..... :explode:

Last edited: