Used 2020 Ranger..Is My Ranger Tuned?

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Hi
I just joined yesterday and this is my first post. Also, I am not sure if this is the right thread to place my question in...To the admin, please move this topic if necessary.

So I just bought a used 2020 XLT FX2 Ranger with 35500 miles for $32500 a week ago. This is my first truck, I have alwasy had sporty/muscle/import cars, such as GT350, Foucs ST, G37, 3000GT etc etc. You can say I am very wet behind the ears when it comes to trucks but I LOVE it so far.
I guess the previos owner modified a bunch of stuff on the truck and came with all the following:
AFE Power Exhaust
K&N not sure if it's CAI or just a sticker
AFE snorkel in the egine bay , not sure what this is for.
Ford Perf Calibration Tool
Tremor Grill
Tremor wheel lip kit molding
Step rails
Bed cover
Bed mat
Bed spray
Swing tool box
Tailgate dampner...seems like everyone makes fun of this, not sure why though
All the lights you can think of...fog, hood, raptor grill lights, back up, under glow and the module that controls all the lights
Just wanted to add the above items just in case the community asked

Now, the reason for this thread.
Since I have the Ford Perf Calibration Tool, should I assum that the truck is tuned? I called the FP tech team, gave them the VIN and they do not have the truck on file. I have attached pics of the engine and other stuff and maybe you all can tell, recommend or anything to see if it's tuned. Lastly, I did fill up with 87 octane once but maybe I should start using 91 since I am not sure of the tune.

Thanks everyone i advance

FP Colab Tool.jpg

WFE exhaust.jpg

KN.jpg

Eng1.jpg

Eng2.jpg

Eng3.jpg

Eng4.jpg
Sponsored

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
The best way to tell if it has the engine tune is....to mash the accelerator all the way down to the floor, and see what happens. :) JK. I have the FP engine tune, but had it installed by the dealership, and don't know how to tell if a truck has it. I'll guarantee someone on here can advise you on that.

Anyway, congrats on the truck. Would like to see some pictures of it some time. It sounds nice.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi
I just joined yesterday and this is my first post. Also, I am not sure if this is the right thread to place my question in...To the admin, please move this topic if necessary.

So I just bought a used 2020 XLT FX2 Ranger with 35500 miles for $32500 a week ago. This is my first truck, I have alwasy had sporty/muscle/import cars, such as GT350, Foucs ST, G37, 3000GT etc etc. You can say I am very wet behind the ears when it comes to trucks but I LOVE it so far.
I guess the previos owner modified a bunch of stuff on the truck and came with all the following:
AFE Power Exhaust
K&N not sure if it's CAI or just a sticker
AFE snorkel in the egine bay , not sure what this is for.
Ford Perf Calibration Tool
Tremor Grill
Tremor wheel lip kit molding
Step rails
Bed cover
Bed mat
Bed spray
Swing tool box
Tailgate dampner...seems like everyone makes fun of this, not sure why though
All the lights you can think of...fog, hood, raptor grill lights, back up, under glow and the module that controls all the lights
Just wanted to add the above items just in case the community asked

Now, the reason for this thread.
Since I have the Ford Perf Calibration Tool, should I assum that the truck is tuned? I called the FP tech team, gave them the VIN and they do not have the truck on file. I have attached pics of the engine and other stuff and maybe you all can tell, recommend or anything to see if it's tuned. Lastly, I did fill up with 87 octane once but maybe I should start using 91 since I am not sure of the tune.

Thanks everyone i advance

FP Colab Tool.jpg

WFE exhaust.jpg

KN.jpg

Eng1.jpg

Eng2.jpg

Eng3.jpg

Eng4.jpg
Nice find! Congrats on the truck. Cant help you concerning the tune. But I do love that Ford has embraced mod'n the Ranger and the Bronco.

Lets see a picture!

OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
The best way to tell if it has the engine tune is....to mash the accelerator all the way down to the floor, and see what happens. :) JK. I have the FP engine tune, but had it installed by the dealership, and don't know how to tell if a truck has it. I'll guarantee someone on here can advise you on that.

Anyway, congrats on the truck. Would like to see some pictures of it some time. It sounds nice.
LOL...I have mashed it on sport mode and it has a lot of pick up, no pun intended, exhaust is deep and I can hear the BOV and I can make it snap crackle pop on 2nd and 3rd gears. I will post some pics soon in this thread. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
If the FP team has no record of your VIN on their servers, I would think it's not tuned.

You should be able to check your calibration tool for the stock file, and the tune file (if you have one).
Thanks, so I have never had this tool, do I just remove it from the cup and plug it to my PC? I know it's stupid and I am in software industry, I just don't want to mess up anything in my brand NEW Used truck LOL!

OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I believe it's been tuned, download and read the instructions for the programmer that you have and go to the calibration menu and see how many tunes it lists. Of it has 2 times it's been tuned.
I'd better research on how to do this or I will never know if this thing is tuned. Thanks

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that has a crap-ton of upgrades! Nice find.

It looks like you still have the OEM air filter box (CAI) but a warning sticker to re-use the washable, drop-in K&N filter. The aFe Power “snorkel” replaces the OEM unit - the aFe Power intake scoop is bigger. ?

The aFe Power exhaust tip might be the extent of the exhaust upgrade but check the resonator and muffler for the aFE Power logo. ?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Nice find, I'm gonna guess it's been tuned if it has all those goodies already. Enjoy and welcome to the forum?

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Here are pics of the exterior

Front.jpg

Drivder side.jpg

Tailgate Rear.jpg

Driver side.jpg

Rear pass.jpg
Wow - dude, way nice find. Love the extra lighting. The black RANGER stickers on the tailgate and the tow hooks on the front end. You scored man. No way someone that put all that work in didnt tune it. Now, I would definatley verify because they may have removed the tune on the trade in....

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here are pics of the exterior

Front.jpg

Drivder side.jpg

Tailgate Rear.jpg

Driver side.jpg

Rear pass.jpg
Jeebuz….

Extra reverse lighting, Tremor nostrils, RockBlok mud guards, tailgate letters, front shackles, ditch lights, amber driving lamps, Tremor fender flares, and possibly some wheel spacers.

I think what surprised me most is that it’s 2WD!

Nice truck.
Sponsored