Tuned Ranger

Travis11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Tacoma
There are a few companies with tuners available for the 2.3 eco. Has anyone on here tuned yet or have experience with this motor and it’s reliability after a tune? I’m amazed at the power they are getting on the Ranger with a tune.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thx bud, I’ll check it out.
Sure thing! At the top right of the page there's a search tab(looks like a magnifying glass) and you can just type in tune/tuning to get more results

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
There are a few companies with tuners available for the 2.3 eco. Has anyone on here tuned yet or have experience with this motor and it’s reliability after a tune? I’m amazed at the power they are getting on the Ranger with a tune.
I have a LIVERNOIS tune installed since a week after I purchased the truck. Performance is awesome and reliability is perfect.
LIVERNOIS is super responsive to your questions and concerns as well.
I am just a satisfied customer and I highly recommend this company's tunes...

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
There are options out there. Depending on what your goal is may change who you go with. Mine is right above 350 to the tire and drive it daily and everywhere. Street manners are similar to stock and it runs mid 13's with ease.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
There are options out there. Depending on what your goal is may change who you go with. Mine is right above 350 to the tire and drive it daily and everywhere. Street manners are similar to stock and it runs mid 13's with ease.
350 to the tire! Dang! Have you dyno’d it or are you guessing?

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
pfft...he's exaggerating

(Note to mods: in no way is that meant to be flaming or trolling)
100% factual. Truck is on E85 and went a 13.46 with some changes needed to be done to tune for shift points. Will be in the 12's by Christmas.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my Ranger last week. 2019 Supercrew 2WD Sport. Still bone stock other than the tuning I have been writing for it.

I’ve been tuning for about 13-14 years, and decided to tune mine myself with HPTuners. I finally had to break down and buy an MPVI2 interface because apparently my old original MPVI cable can’t read and write the new Fords. I decided to just buy the extra MPVI2 rather than upgrade my old one. So I could keep both.

Engine and Transmission are both perfectly readable and tunable, and tuning is pretty straight Forward with these.

There’s like 30-40 different kinds of torque limiters that you have to overcome to get consistent gains out of the Ecoboost, but once you get past those you can pretty much just dial in your desired engine output and let it rip.

Tested it out on 87 octane first, since that what dealer gave me the truck with. Seemed to handle 19 psi no problem.

Switched over to 91 octane a couple days ago and increased demanded torque, resulting in 22-23psi. That’s about the knock limit for the 91 on a basically stock timing table.

I will probably switch over to E30 after logging the 91 for a few more days on the street and mess with adding Timing Advance. I’m fine with sticking with the 22-23 psi because I don’t really want to see more than that on the stock turbo.

The 10-speed works so well in the Ranger that it’s hard to believe it’s the same hardware that’s in my Escalade. They behave night and day differently. The Ford controller also doesnt require being removed from the truck and mailed in to get unlocked and then licensed separately like the GM does either, so that was a huge plus.

First Name
Rebel Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Crew XLT Fx4 Black - Blacked Out Appearance - 301A - Tow Package - Afe Rebel Series Cat-Back Exhaust - Afe Power Quantum Pro 5R Cold Air Intake - Bully Dog Performance Tune - RetraxPRO XR with Yakima T-slot short Rack Package
Occupation
Career Fire Fighter
Vehicle Showcase
What tune do you have?