Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It allows you to lock your rear differential. Here’s a video that explains it…

Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
What's a locker? Btw, the most off roading i do is when I park my truck on the grass to wash it ? ?
Does your Ranger have the bottom right button? 4 buttons noted. If you have the 5 button setup then you also have 'Trail Control'. That means Ranger can keep moving while you open the door and pee. :)

d7860e73877b86cc4535058ed28fe0b3.jpeg

280420e634feb97edda86f7f5d0673a5-peeing-man-icon-by-vexels.png

644f5215c6aea4c2301a212497b97158.jpeg

OP
OP
WhiteRangerDanger

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
It allows you to lock your rear differential. Here’s a video that explains it…

I watched the whole video, man that's awesome. Diff lockers can be a life saver, you never know when you'll need it
Does your Ranger have the bottom right button? 4 buttons noted. If you have the 5 button setup then you also have 'Trail Control'. That means Ranger can keep moving while you open the door and pee. :)

d7860e73877b86cc4535058ed28fe0b3.jpeg

280420e634feb97edda86f7f5d0673a5-peeing-man-icon-by-vexels.png

644f5215c6aea4c2301a212497b97158.jpeg
? ?....I have the 4 buttons

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
That's not correct! The engine warranty is 5 years or 60000 miles. If the tune doesnt cause the malfunction then is covered by factory warranty! Don't know why there are so many nay sayers. If you can read its all in black and white in the factory warranty papers and the Ford performance warranty papers. Please read before posting FALSE INFO!
This is not the thread to have this argument, just FYI. @Frenchy and myself already went at it over the wording and language in the tune thread, and I even brought @LevittownFordParts.com into it (since it was their salesman that sold me the tune). I was under the impression that the 3 yrs 36k warranty was on the tune and components itself, and that my 5 yrs 60k was a different matter altogether. I was wrong.

I will re-iterate: the tune does not void ANY warranty, but it does bring down ANY warranty to 3 yrs 36k miles, including extended warranties, when installed by an ASE tech. It does not require a dealer at all. The caveat is having Ford deny any warranty work (extended warranty or regular 5 yrs 60k) based on their own tune. It just doesn't happen. Yes, they can deny the warranty, but there hasn't been one instance of it yet.

SOURCE(S): Myself having warranty work done on the transmission post self-installed tune.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This is not the thread to have this argument, just FYI. @Frenchy and myself already went at it over the wording and language in the tune thread, and I even brought @LevittownFordParts.com into it (since it was their salesman that sold me the tune). I was under the impression that the 3 yrs 36k warranty was on the tune and components itself, and that my 5 yrs 60k was a different matter altogether. I was wrong.

I will re-iterate: the tune does not void ANY warranty, but it does bring down ANY warranty to 3 yrs 36k miles, including extended warranties, when installed by an ASE tech. It does not require a dealer at all. The caveat is having Ford deny any warranty work (extended warranty or regular 5 yrs 60k) based on their own tune. It just doesn't happen. Yes, they can deny the warranty, but there hasn't been one instance of it yet.

SOURCE(S): Myself having warranty work done on the transmission post self-installed tune.
I will back thos especially since I was able to confirm this with some phone calls. The only thing I am not sure of is the extended warranty as that will be up to the extended warranty company. Even Ford ESP can be a pain in the ass. I have seen them deny warranty due to a spark plug breaking and claiming its a maintenance part that isnt covered..... Mind you the plugs still have quite a few thousand miles until they were due......

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
What's a locker? Btw, the most off roading i do is when I park my truck on the grass to wash it ? ?
You're in San Bernardino so take it up to Cleghorn and have some fun. Also, many trails behind Lake Arrowhead over to Big Bear. Have some fun!

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
The only thing I am not sure of is the extended warranty as that will be up to the extended warranty company. Even Ford ESP can be a pain in the ass. I have seen them deny warranty due to a spark plug breaking and claiming its a maintenance part that isnt covered..... Mind you the plugs still have quite a few thousand miles until they were due......
Good to know :thumbsup:. Hopefully I won't ever have to find out. I have been to every dealer in my area (for the clunk on decel in the lower gears, especially when towing on an incline or in stop and go) and they all mentioned my ESP warranty in some way with remarks like "no matter what you're covered". This is after a self-installed level lift, bigger tires, and the tune, so I feel pretty reassured. I am aware however that because of the tune they can make whatever choice they want. YMMV.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
Nice Looking Ranger! I added the black Ranger letters to my tailgate, along with the engine cover and it instantly added 50 HP! Not sure if the tuner asks if you have those mods or not. I love the damper too, but think it may have stripped me of those 50 HP. Oh well . . . Even Steven!

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
I had to notify Ford Performance that it was installed by the dealer, I also sent a PDF of the receipt to them. Nothing about the direction from Ford Performance requires the installing dealer to activate the warranty.

fpp-warranty.pdf (ford.com) Right at the bottom of page 1.
I'm not surprised.

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
Extreme Mustangs, a FRPP Ford Speed Shop in Monroe, NC installed my tune. Price? $85 and Lunch. I'm covered under Ford's Warranty. Not anticipating any issues.
Dang! I'd take that deal. You got a ridiculously good deal. You must be pulling my leg.
Sponsored