First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Allows you to keep it active when you want, off when you want. 1 press before you shut truck off. Done.

530486B9-AEAA-430C-AD48-28F3B9BC56AB.jpeg
Sponsored

DMWilliams

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I assume there is a connector to the console switch. I don’t have a wiring schematic of the switch, but, if 2 wire terminal ends could be swapped in the connector, would that connect power when ever the ignition is On, thus always having the switch Off all the time, and if you wanted it On, then you could flip switch on console, thus turning On the auto/stop feature.??
I assume that is what the auto stop eliminator does?

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I assume there is a connector to the console switch. I don’t have a wiring schematic of the switch, but, if 2 wire terminal ends could be swapped in the connector, would that connect power when ever the ignition is On, thus always having the switch Off all the time, and if you wanted it On, then you could flip switch on console, thus turning On the auto/stop feature.??
I assume that is what the auto stop eliminator does?
Auto stop remembers which position switch was in last time truck was turned off. The on restart it keeps the same setting. Forscan would be a good option if you plan to never change much. But auto stop plug in would be a faster easy option.

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
As I said earlier, just plug a night light into the 110 socket, and the A/S/S is turned off... to make it work again, just unplug the light. Easy Peasy...

Search on Amazon for:
GE White Always-On LED Night Light, 2 Piece, Plug-In, Compact, Soft Glow, UL-Listed, Ideal for Bedroom, Nursery, Bathroom, Hallway, 11311, 2 Piece

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Auto stop remembers which position switch was in last time truck was turned off. The on restart it keeps the same setting. Forscan would be a good option if you plan to never change much. But auto stop plug in would be a faster easy option.
With Forscan you don't need to tear any dash panels out.:handsinair:8

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Tear, such harsh words. ‘‘Twas not that hard.
Granted tear might have been a bit harsh. But, anytime you pull trim panel you risk breaking clips or scratching things. Besides once you turn it off why would you want to turn it back on? Use the money for the module for other mods.

Tberto

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Tech Shaman
I know it's an expensive alternative, but I bought the 4D Tech eliminator (Version I). You're paying for the convenience and safety of a quick standalone flasher, that doesn't require any tools.
START / STOP ELIMINATOR (RANGER)

Just seemed easier than pulling the dash apart to keep the button operational. The process takes 10 seconds and you just toss the CANOpener in the console. If I ever wanna flip the programming back to operational I can. Even on the road. No computer. No nonsense.

I probably would have tried FORScan, but I'm still a bit of a chicken in the as-builts.

They make a different version (Version II) which you plug in-line with the ODB port. I already have the remote start back there... I thought it cleaner to just program it off. Truck says "Auto Start/Stop disabled due to Vehicle Charging" in the cluster when stopped.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Forscan 5min, flashed and done. Did it day 1 of buying new. No message, just the little A Icon with the circle arrow At the bottom of the display when start/stop would normally shut engine off.

Too each their own though. :like:

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
If you read my post from Monday, the night light turns off the start/stop and is easily removable (even while driving)... no muss, no fuss, no Forscan and a lot cheaper ($3.00).

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
If you read my post from Monday, the night light turns off the start/stop and is easily removable (even while driving)... no muss, no fuss, no Forscan and a lot cheaper ($3.00).
Thanks Jim, great tip. I had already ordered a stop/start delete before I found your post. I bought a blue led nightlight for like $3 from WallyWorld, and it did the trick. It looks pretty cool too and I am sending the other item back, the refund will buy me a full tank of gas. :beer:

Baja Rudy

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Anyone in the San Diego area that can help with the programming?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
If you are considering tuning the truck, the SCT BDX has the option to turn it off.

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
The as built sections are scary but they do work. Recommend you watch a few youtube vids on it first. Make your backups too, learnt on youtube how to backup modules, easy. I dipped my toes by changing the boot screen. First I made a backup of every module, Second, after changing the screen, I backed that up too. Third, I used the backup file and re-installed the original, that worked. So I'm feeling more confident now. I go into forscan and put the second backup with the modified boot screen and it works too. Now I know I can backup the original and modified modules, good to know.

Ok, in 2 seperate windows on the laptop connected in the truck. I've got ranger5g forscan wiki and Forscan software running. Open that as built file and scroll down the page to the matching #'s of the wiki. Its in the second column I believe, just change the one number in the App that matches the wiki. Write all files and you should be good to go.
Sponsored