First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Has anybody found where (how) to turn off the Auto Start/Stop feature on a 2020 XLT ?? I know I can just push the button on the console, but I forget sometimes -- would like to have it off permanently. RCMustang has very patiently given me a couple of places to look in Forscan, but nothing seems to work. Is it possible they removed that option in the 2020 model???

Thanks in advance,
JimH
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Has anybody found where (how) to turn off the Auto Start/Stop feature on a 2020 XLT ?? I know I can just push the button on the console, but I forget sometimes -- would like to have it off permanently. RCMustang has very patiently given me a couple of places to look in Forscan, but nothing seems to work. Is it possible they removed that option in the 2020 model???

Thanks in advance,
JimH
You’ve edited the “bdyCM as built” in forscan to reflect the following?

726-48-02 x1xx-xxxx-xxxx
1=on 0=off

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I don't get the codes -- I get the spelled out names .. Like this:

IMG_20200218_183531087.jpg

And I've looked in all the modules except the ones marked "as built" (which I have been told to stay away from)...

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation

And I've looked in all the modules except the ones marked "as built" (which I have been told to stay away from)...
The “bdyCM as built” section is where the code is to turn off auto start/stop. You’ll have to edit it for it to work.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

I mentioned leave that alone if you're not sure what you're doing. In the original forscan thread where we listed changes by as built you can look up how to change it through theas built.

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
RCMustang: Yep, I'm doing as you said and staying away from the "as built" modules.. :like:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
RCMustang: Yep, I'm doing as you said and staying away from the "as built" modules.. :like:
Then you will either have to buy the $80 auto start/stop eliminator, or plug something into the 110 outlet in the rear console.

Or just edit the code as explained in the Forscan wiki.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
If you look at what you need to c change in as built you can try it under that tab. You just find the line of code listed and change the single digit.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Too late for me...I got things I want to change but nothing is on fire so I'm done for now...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
There must be a way because mine stopped working. Should I take it to ford to get it fixed?
Some owners would consider themselves lucky that Auto S/S stopped working in their trucks! Most of us who consider it a problem have solved it by sticking an electrical cord into the 110 outlet in the rear console. N.B.: the cord need not be attached to any working device. Some people just put a night-light or similar gizmo back there.... By the way, I am talking about the 2019 model, but as far as I know there has been no change to the vehicle in that regard.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just make sure you back ups you modules before you make any change! This is true whether you use the menu option or edit the hex code.

OP
OP
JimH

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Some owners would consider themselves lucky that Auto S/S stopped working in their trucks! Most of us who consider it a problem have solved it by sticking an electrical cord into the 110 outlet in the rear console. N.B.: the cord need not be attached to any working device. Some people just put a night-light or similar gizmo back there.... By the way, I am talking about the 2019 model, but as far as I know there has been no change to the vehicle in that regard.
I put a $3 night light there and it works fine.. If I want to put things back to "Stock" when I take it to the dealer, I just have to unplug the light and put it in the glove box.. Easy/Peasy

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Can someone tell me what does checking off the auto/start do on the cluster left menu, I tried it one time but nothing happen.
Sponsored