First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Sparky
Looks good! Any reason you went white vs amber?
Thanks! ??

I live in the country, we don’t get a lot of fog…so for me it was about maximizing lumen output on dark backroads and trails. Also, I’m a sparky and use my truck for work so having the spot lights on the job site can come in handy.

a33maxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Interesting! I’ll admit I didn’t do very extensive research but the reviews I found were positive and for $17 I figured why not. Guess I will report back if my fogs self destruct ?
Yeah I don’t mean to crap on your purchase, just something to keep an eye out for. It certainly looks nice.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
I've used Lamin-X film on my Canon for over 2 years and it was flawless. Went thru 2 heavy winters incl snow storms and never peeled off. Cheap $20 solution and looks good. I often got asked what bulbs I was using ..lol.

EdIT: Just ordered it again for my new Ranger.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Put the lamix film on today ..no need to trim anything..just used a plastic putty knife to gently the edges inside the plastic cover. No difference in light output as expected but nice yellow glow.
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004(1).jpg

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I tried Lamin-x on one of my old vehicles. It caused excess heat build up, which wound up melting the film and cracking my lenses. Naturally they told me to pound sand when I contacted them. Never again.
Same here. My wife’s Outback after 3 years.
1644424147452.jpeg

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
I tried Lamin-x on one of my old vehicles. It caused excess heat build up, which wound up melting the film and cracking my lenses. Naturally they told me to pound sand when I contacted them. Never again.
Agree. If you keep the halogen bulbs in, it will keep that heat trapped. Back in the day...before LED...we used paint, markers, plastic caps, film, etc. to cover either the actual bulb or the lenses up with whatever color you wanted. But eventually the heat made the color part fade or crack. If you have a halogen bulb style fog, I would swap out to LED yellow(or white). It will run cooler, plus you can switch back to halogen if you want without any issues.

Now, if you have LED's already, the covers, paint, etc should last a lot longer since there is barely any heat from bulb to deteriorate the cover/film. Only mother nature's natural UV will eventually do that to all the plastics and films at some point.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
What triggers the switchback function from white to yellow. Also, do they require anything else beside the bulbs?
you toggle them on and off
dont set up fogs on turn in ForScan!
LINK

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
Maybe this isn’t what you’re after but I’m surprised no one has mentioned lamin-x fog light covers (film). I installed mine yesterday, took maybe 20 minutes and didn’t require any disassembly. Of course I can’t speak to the durability but the company seems to have a good reputation so I’m not worried about them.

70787FC3-638A-4B8B-8AB9-6E4BFE4264C8.jpeg
any tips with the install? probably going to install my film this weekend! Do you have a full shot of your truck by chance? :)

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
any tips with the install? probably going to install my film this weekend! Do you have a full shot of your truck by chance? :)
It was pretty straightforward really, the only thing I can say is to have a tool handy to help push the edges of the film under the lip of the bezel when you work your way to the outside. Something with a dull edge, it takes a little messing with to get all the edges down. I also used a hairdryer to help make it pliable but might not be necessary. Good luck!
F5DA6560-8D4A-4819-9B90-B97A3FE1723E.jpeg

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
It was pretty straightforward really, the only thing I can say is to have a tool handy to help push the edges of the film under the lip of the bezel when you work your way to the outside. Something with a dull edge, it takes a little messing with to get all the edges down. I also used a hairdryer to help make it pliable but might not be necessary. Good luck!
F5DA6560-8D4A-4819-9B90-B97A3FE1723E.jpeg
maybe its just the photo but those look nothing like yellow, or am I wrong?
the yellow on the film in your previous post is VERY yellow.
Sponsored