Geoff

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah, those brackets just help support the Side rails with the velcro and are a PITA to install if they are bent as I discovered! Once I figured out exactly where they were intended to go and bent the parts that were extending too far out from under the Bed caps it all worked fine!
Oh yeah, without those brackets the side rails would not be properly supported and they'd bend downward too easily. It's important for those rails to present a level surface for the bow poles and I could see that wouldn't be the case if I didn't modify the brackets or start scraping Bed spray. Still, worth the effort, I love the top. Now if the tailgate seal I ordered works the bed will stay dry in the car wash. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
There are brackets that get installed on both ends of the bed rail - they have an instruction sheet here. The front brackets bolt in using 8 mm x 1.25 bolts. The instructions were (are still?) confusing with the bulkhead seal. Do NOT install it on the vehicle bulkhead. It gets installed on the Auxiliary bulkhead rail they supplied with the cover. And the top of that rail should be even with the top of the bed rails.
Not that it really matters but the instructions also mention a 10mm wrench. The real size is 13mm.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s the Bulkhead seal on the Ford Soft Rollup Tonneau. Good extension over the bulkhead rail that comes with the cover kit.

75900A4B-4B54-454A-86D4-4242966001B4.jpeg

Last edited:

kadettje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Installed the TruXedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover
(Part #: TRX-531001) and it’s a perfectly tight and waterproof fit. Paid USD 499. Comes with lifetime warranty. Had to drill two holes in the bed liner and the installation instructions were obnoxious but overall very happy with it. Highly recommend.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Installed the TruXedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover
(Part #: TRX-531001) and it’s a perfectly tight and waterproof fit. Paid USD 499. Comes with lifetime warranty. Had to drill two holes in the bed liner and the installation instructions were obnoxious but overall very happy with it. Highly recommend.
Got mine waiting to be put on after my spray in :thumbsup:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I installed the Truxedo Truxport today what a PITA that bulkhead piece is. I finally put it aside in disgust. The instructions are useless Trying to get between the cab and bulkhead is nearly impossible I did manage to get those rubbery so called nuts in but either way they won't tighten up I think I will install with a molly screw style item when I get over my anger with this poorly engineered piece.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Truxedo Truxport today what a PITA that bulkhead piece is. I finally put it aside in disgust. The instructions are useless Trying to get between the cab and bulkhead is nearly impossible I did manage to get those rubbery so called nuts in but either way they won't tighten up I think I will install with a molly screw style item when I get over my anger with this poorly engineered piece.
If it is what happened to me with my extang solid fold i was trying to put the bulkhead in backwards. Once i figured out how it went in things worked as they should. I'd take another look at it tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Same here. I may change mine also to ensure better water sealing. I had to tie light fishing line through the washers to prevent dropping them between the bed and cab. Even with the seal pushed as high as it will go I can see a gap that light shines thru between the seal and the cover.

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
First nit picky thing I have found on the Ranger is the fact that on the driver side of the bulkhead there is a slotted hole and on the passenger side it is a round hole. Can't for the life of me figure out why Ford would do that. I ended up with a 5/16 T nut on the passenger side turned smooth side to the bulkhead with double back tape to keep it in place. Used a toggle bolt on the other side. Yeah I'm pretty sure the warranty is now void but the chance of me ever purchasing another Truxport is slim to none. It's on looks good but UGH.

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I did send off a message to Truxedo and to their credit they contacted me with a nice letter and a heads up on a seal for the Truxport. Seems engineering has been looking at a better way and are sending the seal out to me. Nice to see a company that takes the feedback from customers seriously

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I think you might not be understanding what a well nut is. You don't have to get in between the cab and bed at all. Slide the well nut right through the hole while standing in the bed, sit the bulkhead in place, then put the screw right into the well nut and tighten until it pulls the rubber tight from the back. They even told me when calling that the washers on the back of the well nut aren't really needed so there's nothing that has to go behind the bulkhead.

Well Nut.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you might not be understanding what a well nut is. You don't have to get in between the cab and bed at all. Slide the well nut right through the hole while standing in the bed, sit the bulkhead in place, then put the screw right into the well nut and tighten until it pulls the rubber tight from the back. They even told me when calling that the washers on the back of the well nut aren't really needed so there's nothing that has to go behind the bulkhead.

Well Nut.jpg
I think that was my issue coupled with not putting the well nuts thru the bulkhead piece. I think I was trying to put the bulkhead piece BEHIND the bed instead of inside it. Once I figured all that out it worked easy. It wasn't immediately obvious to me however. That is a great photo showing how the well nuts work.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I think that was my issue coupled with not putting the well nuts thru the bulkhead piece. I think I was trying to put the bulkhead piece BEHIND the bed instead of inside it. Once I figured all that out it worked easy. It wasn't immediately obvious to me however. That is a great photo showing how the well nuts work.
Yep, and don't get me wrong, their instructions were crap. I had to call them on the bulkhead section. But...now that I've had mine installed for a couple months, I can say I absolutely love it (Truxedo Pro X15). And mine has proven to be 100% water tight through storms and the car wash - not a single drop of water.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, and don't get me wrong, their instructions were crap. I had to call them on the bulkhead section. But...now that I've had mine installed for a couple months, I can say I absolutely love it (Truxedo Pro X15). And mine has proven to be 100% water tight through storms and the car wash - not a single drop of water.
Mine was for the Extang solid fold, but it sounds like that bulkhead is basically the same. I've been happy with mine - not 100% leak free, but 99% which is good enough for me.
Sponsored