Tonneau/Bed Covers

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
Has anyone seen Ford Pricing on bed covers as yet? I would like a retractable hard cover installed on delivery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
Did u order at time u ordered? I did not as the dealer could not find out anything about what cover Ford was specking
Thanks!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Did u order at time u ordered? I did not as the dealer could not find out anything about what cover Ford was specking

Thanks!
I will order it when I pick up my Ranger and after it arrives I’ll return to the dealership to have it installed.

LBOWMAN

First Name
LARRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER LARIAT S/CREW , 2015 F150
Occupation
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
FORD COVERS SEEM TO BE A LITTLE PRICER THAN BAKFLIP AND OTHERS.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
FORD COVERS SEEM TO BE A LITTLE PRICER THAN BAKFLIP AND OTHERS.
I'm sure Ford takes a little markup on them, but your dealer may give you a discount since you bought a truck from them. I understand the Rev hard folding covers are made by Bakflip, so you could probably find them a little cheaper online if you don't mind installing yourself. I contacted BAK to see which of their covers was equivalent to the ones that Ford sells but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me.

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid
When I asked my dealer about the retractable bed cover, he said that (based on his experience with F150s) most buyers prefer the folding hard cover. He attributed the reason to being that the retractable cover completely opens once you release it, and it is not manual where you can stop the retraction at any point on the track. He said that's why buyers prefer the folding cover one, since if they just needed to get something at the end of the bed they can just do 1 fold and then close it back. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? What he said doesn't make much sense to me but I acknowledge that this is my first truck and I'm not familiar with how the bed cover options work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lloyd C

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
When I asked my dealer about the retractable bed cover, he said that (based on his experience with F150s) most buyers prefer the folding hard cover. He attributed the reason to being that the retractable cover completely opens once you release it, and it is not manual where you can stop the retraction at any point on the track. He said that's why buyers prefer the folding cover one, since if they just needed to get something at the end of the bed they can just do 1 fold and then close it back. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? What he said doesn't make much sense to me but I acknowledge that this is my first truck and I'm not familiar with how the bed cover options work.
Thanks a bunch. Also being new to the trucking world, i thought it only logical to get a retractable cover. After your post i talked to two close buddies who are saged truck owners. They both quickly said don’t do it. My heels are now cooled and i will look at all options

I will now check to see if Yakima is going to offer a folding cover as i would like a few of their sporting options.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a bunch. Also being new to the trucking world, i thought it only logical to get a retractable cover. After your post i talked to two close buddies who are saged truck owners. They both quickly said don’t do it. My heels are now cooled and i will look at all options

I will now check to see if Yakima is going to offer a folding cover as i would like a few of their sporting options.
You might try looking at a peragon cover. I've not used one before but I think they look really good. A folding cover you can easily completely remove. I emailed them and they said they were planning on making one for the Ranger - they didn't have a date, but said they would email me when it was ready.

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
Ordered a Ford retractable cover for my Ranger today form my dealers parts department. They are getting a limited supply of them at there warehouses. At least I will have a cover for my truck when it arrives.

I believe the hard folding and soft covers may also be available. You will have to work with your parts department.

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
Just checked the Ford accessory website today & it has been updated with many more accessories listed. Many more covers listed, didn't check about availability yet!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Putting a Bakflip MX4 folding hard tonneau on my Ranger when it arrives. I like the fact that you can open and close the tailgate with the cover not opened. Will put the Ford rubber bed mat and the hard plastic (bedliner material) tailgate piece Ford offers for the tailgate. Still some time before I get the truck. Finally got a build week of 3/11/2019. SMH it took this long...lol!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a Ford retractable cover for my Ranger today form my dealers parts department. They are getting a limited supply of them at there warehouses. At least I will have a cover for my truck when it arrives.

I believe the hard folding and soft covers may also be available. You will have to work with your parts department.
Was it this one? What did you pay? I refuse to pay the retail price.

https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12188/s/cover-tonneau/category/200/

TonneauBed Cover - Embark, Retractable with Channels for Bed Racks, 5.0 Bed.png

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just checked the Ford accessory website today & it has been updated with many more accessories listed. Many more covers listed, didn't check about availability yet!
Checked with my dealer and they have the hard folding cover on the way for me. Lists for $1069; my price is $859 if I install it which is no big deal.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired