Totaled Ranger but happy days are here again...

Devilfrog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2017 Ford Mustang
Back in November somebody rear ended my Ranger going 45-50 while I was at a complete stop in traffic. Ranger held up pretty well though due to frame damage it was totaled. Fast forward to this past weekend with all the end of year deals and now I have a new Ranger with all the options I wanted but couldn't get before. Crappy situation but at least there is a silver lining!

IMG_5625.JPG
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on getting your new Ranger.:rockon: At least something good came out of a bad situation.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Back in November somebody rear ended my Ranger going 45-50 while I was at a complete stop in traffic. Ranger held up pretty well though due to frame damage it was totaled. Fast forward to this past weekend with all the end of year deals and now I have a new Ranger with all the options I wanted but couldn't get before. Crappy situation but at least there is a silver lining!

IMG_5625.JPG
I think that color looks the best with the matching trim as the trim is a perfect match to the rest of the truck..

Best of luck with it.....this time

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Beautiful, good to hear the news!. Like everyone, I love the color too. When I was shopping for trucks, My rule was no white and no chrome. I shop mostly based on value but ended up with a zero chrome chili pepper red. Same wheels as you.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Love that color combo (that's why I got the same one!) . :like:

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Same! Had three dealership employees come in while I was taking delivery and say the color combo was their favorite!

Very nice replacement. However, I think employees get paid to do that. The Hot Pepper and Chrome employee comments are the sincere ones. :giggle:

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_5625.JPG
How did that feel getting hit at full stop by someone going 40MPH? I was about to change lanes on the way home from work the other day, and for whatever reason decided not to ...a few seconds later, the guy next to me got rear-ended just as you described. Would have been me if I had changed lanes. Just curious, who is your insurance with?

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Very nice replacement. However, I think employees get paid to do that. The Hot Pepper and Chrome employee comments are the sincere ones. :giggle:
Mine wasn't a replacement and considering this was the 3rd vehicle my family had bought from the dealership in 2019 and I play hockey with the service manager... they know they don't need to blow smoke in my direction.

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
I too thought this was the best color combo.

OP
OP
Devilfrog

Devilfrog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2017 Ford Mustang
How did that feel getting hit at full stop by someone going 40MPH? I was about to change lanes on the way home from work the other day, and for whatever reason decided not to ...a few seconds later, the guy next to me got rear-ended just as you described. Would have been me if I had changed lanes. Just curious, who is your insurance with?
I wish I had your luck! Was not a pleasant experience by any means. The Ford Edge that hit me was a disaster, couldn't believe the driver walked out of that car. Luckily he (or should I say his dad) has good coverage through MAPFRE.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Beautiful, good to hear the news!. Like everyone, I love the color too. When I was shopping for trucks, My rule was no white and no chrome. I shop mostly based on value but ended up with a zero chrome chili pepper red. Same wheels as you.
I usually hate chrome but I got chili pepper red with the chrome package because i actually really like it. I just wish the door handles and bumpers were the color of the truck like the standard package. Personally i dont like chili pepper red with the sport package magnetic grey or whatever it is.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Did you post any pics of that back in November?

I'm curious what a 3 foot bed looks like :D Actually interested in pics of the other guys edge too. Things like this make me want to get a dashcam set up, one with high definition and automated ignition power in front and rear loop recording.
Sponsored