gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
"I definitely used the search bar but couldn't find the 100+ previous mentions in the towing sub forum. Could you guys please provide me with part numbers are needed to add OEM towing components please?" ?

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When the repetition gets to me I put down the tablet and turn on the tv to enjoy a few hours of pandemic and race relations coverage.
I’d still rather read about a thousand bro lifts than watch 15 minutes of that.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Okay...I have been on the Alfa Motorhome forums for 15 years....guess what...repetition abounds. Over and over again. Nature of forums. I will gladly answer the same question over and over for new forum members...yes there is a search function but many folks want their responses without the effort. So I may tell the same back story over and over again... The back button is a great tool for those instances where forum members have heard it before or stated it before.

I view this is part of my being a ambassador for Ford to Ford vehicle purchasers where I can contribute. I have seen folks here in the short time I have been here come and go...many to never be heard from again. The forums served their purpose for them but the forums continue and the info is archived and available.

I have learned quite a bit from folks here and hopefully have contributed to these forums as well.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retried

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
My favorite Ranger5g-dot-com phenomenon has been for a bunch of folks to be looking for an answer to something, and then someone posts on a related theme, alluding offhand to having an answer to the mystery. The curious forum members deluge this poster with desperate questions, only for him to vanish into oblivion without replying.

(Yes: this is a story about the elusive and perhaps apocryphal front-mounted hitch receiver...)

Last edited:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
have belonged to motorcycle forums and bar b que forums for years. As new folks enter they have the same questions we had (have) when they start. Sometimes they dont know the correct term to use in a search. Sometimes it is just plain I have a new toy and eagerness make it imperative to know right now, we should embrace the eagerness just like we were (are) now. Forums evolve, but alot stays the same also. Welcome the influx of new blood, some will stay, others will leave but it will help the forum grow and continue. just my 2 cents.