SuperCab Rangers are Rare Here, How About Your Location?

SuperCab vs SuperCrew What are you seeing where you live?

• Total voters

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I've noticed 5 S/Cabs at the most on Oahu, my 2020 Lariat being one of those....

20200119_092548.jpg
Sponsored

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
If I didn't have kids, I'd buy a supercab for sure.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
i hunted down and drove 106 miles to buy my SuperCab and it's still not the color I wanted

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
i hunted down and drove 106 miles to buy my SuperCab and it's still not the color I wanted
Being that S/Cabs are rarer than hens teeth, I placed my order with Cutter Ford (Aiea) on August 20, 2019 and took delivery on Jan. 18.
I've always insisted that any new vehicle purchase would be to my specs and not what some sales manager thinks I should own/drive.
It was a 5 month wait, but totally worth it (though I don't drive it much), besides I've more time than money...lol:LOL::crackup:

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Fort Worth, TX here. I think I have noticed 2-3 since purchasing last October and putting 18+k miles on mine. I drive with my copilot every now and then, never have back seat passengers, and enjoy the extra foot of bed space/having the higher capacities that goes with being a sCab as well as 2wd model.

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I personally like the s/cab better than the s/crew and if I was buying an F-150 that would surely be my choice. However when shopping for the Ranger when I looked at the s/cab, the salesman tried to show how much room there was in the back seat, he could not get his legs in the truck without adjusting the front seat forward to a midget level of closeness to the steering wheel. If I never needed to carry a passenger in the back seat, I would get a s/cab with the rear seat delete and just use that for storage. The bed size issue is not important to me.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
It was a 5 month wait, but totally worth it (though I don't drive it much), besides I've more time than money...lol:LOL::crackup:
Like many Supercab owners, we also ordered ours, but it only took about 2-1/2 months (we ordered it in early May, 2019 and had it by late July). Is the extra time due to the logistics of shipping to Hawaii?

Jimmy07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL/STX
I too love the SuperCab; need the six foot bed. Harder to find in Sacramento region, but I guess that is because the Crew has a bigger profit margin. Locking rear differential was the more difficult option to find.

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Here in West Texas, I have only seen 4 Ranger pickups (counting mine) in the wild, all Super Crew, in a population area of around 250,000 total. This is an area where pickups are king. Every family owns at least one, and sometimes multiple pickups. Ford F-150 is by far the PU of choice over all brands. These odds just serve to make me even more proud of the choice I made to buy a Ranger.
Funny story - A couple of years ago when we were in Boston to watch the Red Sox play the TX Rangers, I made the comment to one of the locals that I hadn't seen a personally owned pickup of any kind since I had been there - just company labeled pickups. His reply to me was "That's because we don't have many farmers around here!" :clap::LOL:

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I too love the SuperCab; need the six foot bed. Harder to find in Sacramento region, but I guess that is because the Crew has a bigger profit margin. Locking rear differential was the more difficult option to find.
Yep
Didn't get much choice, within 500 miles all rangers for sale was several hundred, SCAB now we are down to less than 100, 4x4 less than 50 then XLT or above with a locking diff regardless of F4X package and now you are close to single digits.

Picked mine up in Salinas.

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
South of Houston and have not seen a super cab except the county animal control pickup.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I have had mine a year and a half (17K miles) and there is only 1 other in the county I live in. I special ordered mine so got exactly what I wanted. Can't think of anything I would change. Ford originally estimated 20% of production would be Scabs. I don't think it is that high. I like being different.......

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
In Oregon there are a few super cabs but mainly super crews. I love mine and had to get it from a dealer 20 miles away. I wanted the Lariat super cab in silver. I do really like the blue and red ones however. Sliver is easier to let get dirty and it doesn't show as much as the darker colors. She is 3 months old now. Wow how time flies. I tinted the windows, and added black nurf bars and bug deflector. I may get a canopy too. I have a Borla exhaust on order. OK Mark quit spending money. LOL

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
They must be rare around here. My Supercab is the only one I ever see, except for two fleet Supercabs. One was a pest control company and I can't remember what the other one was.

I had to custom order mine. It took three months and it was worth the wait to get what I wanted.
Sponsored