First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My truck was built in the first half of 2019. Looks like I'll be taking this up with Ford:
IMG_20210204_170617923_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210204_170553998.jpg

And bubbling on the other side:
IMG_20210204_170607367.jpg

IMG_20210204_170612248.jpg
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Seems like in this day and age with the technology we have. We could get good paint jobs that would hold up to anything. Body panels that wont dent from a mosquito hitting it and keep its safety standards. Instead, we get orange peel paint jobs that so thin bird droppings can chip it. Ofcourse Im exaggerating this bad. This is not just a Ford thing, I see this on all Manufacturers these days.

Last edited:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like in this day and age with the technology we have we could get paint jobs that would hold up to anything. Bodypanels that wont dent from a mosquito hitting it and keep its safety standards. Instead, we get orange peel paint jobs that so thin bird droppings can chip it. Of course I'm exaggerating this bad. This is not just a Ford thing, I see this on all Manufacturers these days.
Yep. The race to the bottom is in full swing, at least finish-wise. Too bad those car companies couldn't use all the money they are spending on useless tech to instead make a topcoat that doesn't chip. People in the Rust Belt want that more than Forscan.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
How far are you from the beach? Salt air and sun are a bad combo.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Got an appointment Thursday morning.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Isn't a reflection on Ford but here I am at the dealership waiting. I know they don't have the replacement parts (checked with their dept) and in spite of an appointment my truck is sitting in the holding lot. The service guy told me to expect to be here hours ?

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Yep three hours sitting around, chatting up folks and web surfing on the phone.

Dealer price on the rails are over $400 apiece. Going to be replaced under warranty. 15 days to get them in.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
It's amazing the beating the front of my Ranger takes commuting up and down I-25 everyday. I've got numerous gravel dings in the paint and my windshield literally looks like its been sandblasted!
Then you throw in the crappy paint job and viola....less than a year in my Ranger looks battle tested :explode:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
It's amazing the beating the front of my Ranger takes commuting up and down I-25 everyday. I've got numerous gravel dings in the paint and my windshield literally looks like its been sandblasted!
Then you throw in the crappy paint job and viola....less than a year in my Ranger looks battle tested :explode:
Man I hate that, no matter how hard you try to keep one in good condition. It just gets crapped on. I told my wife never to follow Big trucks, bc its like being behind a sand blaster and is the fastest to ruin your headlights. There is just some crap you cant avoid unfortunately.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
i found some weed in the couch cushions....i'm mellow, yet hungry.
Ah....you been over to my abode I see....well just don't take all of it, save a little for a rainy day ;)

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I bought some 'Ford magnetic' touch-up paint that is actually a little darker than the stock paint and did what I could. That showed me how vulnerable the factory paint job is. So I got the AVS hood deflector and Lamin-x headlight film.

The Lamin-x pre-cut headlight film was impossible for me to get lined up, and I spent an hour trying to do the one headlight. So I complained to them and they are sending me some generic sheets.

Dropped off the truck at the dealership yesterday to get the roof trim replaced today and saw a 2021 4X4 Sport Lariat in the new silver with a tow package and the B&O sound system. Window sticker was just over $47K. Same ugly exhaust.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Call this morning (Wednesday) service manager said one roof piece arrived damaged (I told them to check them for damage last week when I made the appointment) and supposedly they overnighted a replacement in.

I really feel this reflects poor service department management. If they screw up my headliner ... ?
Sponsored