First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
My running boards started chipping too. Right where they connect to the truck. I had to buy some black touch up paint to fix the chips.

I did not fix the roof trim either. Just painted the silver metal black again. Was afraid to have them mess with the head liner.
Sponsored

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
They just replaced mine last week, washed the truck and water was coming out of the headliner in the back. Time for them to fix it and get a new headliner cause now it’s stained. It’s on them!
First of all, thank you Ranger Forum.
Damnit this is infuriating. I just noticed a stain on my headliner over the drivers side C-pillar. 2020 Ranger XLT Super Cab. It’s garaged, but sat out in the rain the last storm San Diego had. I searched the forum for similar issues and find out Ford knows about this. Now I have to trust the dealer will repair correctly and not happen again. My 2000 F-150 leaked at the rear slider, which was common, and I’m not happy having a new truck that rains inside when it’s raining outside!!

IMG_3285.jpeg

Last edited:

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Was washing my Ranger today and noticed the plastic trim on the roof deteriorating and breaking off. Anyone have this problem? I've owned the 2019 for less than a year.

IMG_20201023_115411.jpg

IMG_20201023_115406.jpg

I noticed that in late December of 21 and as we were moving out of the area, I just covered the flaked area with touch up paint. I looked again recently and noticed that more of the plastic has flaked off. Has anybody taken this ta dealer to get it repaired?

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So far after 2 replacements on the left side trim and one on the right, no more corrosion! Finally got a good set and it’s been over a year since it was warranted.

SteamiestOyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
1000005810.jpg

The dealer said Ford denied my claim. Annoying thing is all they did was take pictures and kept my car all weekend and wouldn't return my calls.

Should I just take it to another dealer and try again or escalate the issue through another channel? My 5 year corrosion is up on June

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Mines done the same, about an 1.5” of paint clipped out near the windshield. Did it around 50k.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'd pursue this type of thing. Contact FordCares if necessary. It happened to my 2019 when it was a little over a year old and the dealer made it right. Like the blend door in the HVAC system the first year had some shoddy vendors.
Sponsored