Advertisement

There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Took 4 weeks, but...

121736695-10222751736198582-2721679919064547711-o.jpg

7drHiqr.gif

Advertisement

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
So here is a cab height (18") meant for a 6 foot bed (58") installed on a five foot bed.

I plan to eventually bolt directly on and lose the aluminum c-clamps. Looks like the rack is the exact height of the rear most portion of the roof slope. I plan to run a large cargo basket that extends halfway over the cab, so I'm still going to have to come up with a spacer for a little extra clearance for the peak of the roof slope. I was thinking the height difference was going to be bigger by quite a few inches so this was a welcome surprise.

I also need to account that I only have about 5 1/2" clearance from my roof to my "garage-zeebo" front entrance. So either a short railed basket/tray or I'll have to raise the structure, or dig out some earth at the entrance. (it slopes further you get in so clearance increases a little).

I will get much better pictures to share this weekend.

IMG-2796.jpg

IMG-2797.jpg

IMG-2798.jpg

IMG-2799.jpg

IMG-2800.jpg

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Not sure if I like the full length or previous version. What ya'll think?

IMG-2640.jpg

Edit: Ended up ripping the the extra off, didn't like it. Too sports car'ish.
Good call. I think the shorter version looks great. Would look good on my Race Red XLT.

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
No pretty setup shots, but some better ones.

I have a 64" cargo basket coming in tomorrow which will be temporary till I get with a local metal fabricator to build me around a 100" long over the cab safari style cargo tray. Started planning on some perimeter lighting setups and looking to fabricate a mount for one of those telescopic aluminum ladders to go on one of the sides to drop down and give easy access to the top. May go with a marine style boarding ladder which is similar. Jack, rotopacks, roof storage, ARB awning, ARB awning tent, blah blah blah its all on the books.

IMG-2826.jpg

IMG-2823.jpg

IMG-2825.jpg

First Name
Jaireh James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger T6 (PhDm)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice! I like the minimalistic feel. I have the same color and i think we might be in the same wanting to achieve a minimlalist setup. I might have taken an inspiration with your side decals. Here's mine

IMG_20201022_101809.jpg

IMG_20201013_074611.jpg

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
54" x 40" basket installed.

IMG-2837.jpg

IMG-2835.jpg

IMG-2839.jpg

Had to get creative with the clamps as the bed rack is in a fixed position and no standard roof top cross beams in place. It ain't going no where, but a more ideal hook up will be forth-coming. Right now clamps are in a cross pattern instead of usual pair running in parallel.

IMG-2836.jpg

Then me and wife went for a ride up to the lake/dam area.

IMG-2832.jpg

IMG-2834.jpg

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Plan to order everything I need to get started next week. I am going to build a rear bed electrical control box (for lack of a better description) to get overall wiring of even length and also make access for troubleshooting or adding/deleting much easier (IMO). Basically nothing more than what people already do, but just having an easier access location than cramming stuff under the hood or somewhere under the dash.

Debated the type of box to use, but ultimately picked up one of these guys from Walmart for $15 bucks. Already has the weather seal installed. I'll need to drill some holes for wiring access coming in and out of it, but some sealing epoxy will take care of that. This will be mounted at the rear of the bed, probably up on the rear wall under the bed lip. (still debating)

Super long term goal is to add a second 12V along with this.

IMG-2855.jpg

IMG-2856.jpg

Lots of people buy 12 x 12 sheets of plastic and cut them to size, in this case I think I can just use the bigger of the two inserts for this box as the mounting plate, which will give an added benefit of not being connected to an outer wall (which means screws + more epoxy) and will also give a cleaner subtle look. It will also leave room to store spare electrical components.

Parts on the list so far:

-Blue Sea Fuse Block (12 connections)

- 6 Relays (will add 6 more once at capacity)

- Two Terminal Blocks (12 connections)

- One heavy duty single grounding block post (that all connections can share and I can run one wire to an actual grounding point)

- Resupply some of my various wiring sizes

- Resupply some of my various wire connector types

Overall cost should be under $100

Watching various YT videos pretty much this one made it simple for my slow-mo self to understand;

Fuse + Relay Setup

Reactions: Doc
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Alright so I bought a Boomba adapter for a great deal ($68 vs regular $90) so I could see if they sound was going to be annoying before spending money on an actual TurboSmart complete replacement.

Having never owned a turbo vehicle before this is one of the most addictive things ever. That "PSSHHHHH" sound makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning every single time. I was amazed even at highway speeds that sucker is pretty loud.

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Scored another mountable case for $30 that a buddy had in a pile of random stuff he doesn't use.

IMG_2919.JPG

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement