There are many builds, but this one is mine.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I think it's an illusion as the ground seems to be sloped.

I haven't noticed the Carolina Squat in other pics since you've completed the rack.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys think about the TAC nudge bar vs installing the lights in the lower opening and removing the bar?

I like the look of the bar, but I do have to disable sensors every time I drive.

I'm torn.
Jack,

I really like how this has turned out for you - great job! I think your picture is tilted a hair - your truck looks level to me. With you mad skills, I’m sure an hour or two in your garazebo and you’ll emerge with those sensors relocated and operating perfectly on your nudge bar.

Again, I enjoyed watching this mod come together.

Here - fixed it. ?

03FC4279-B070-4B7C-8102-35D03FF8EB1E.jpeg

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from 5-Star Tuning in Florence SC.

The rep I dealt with was Aaron (which of course I had to refer to him in the Key & Peele version).

giphy.gif

He asked me the basics, I told him what I dislike about the truck and within the hour I was on my way. Pretty much what few dislikes I had were all addressed by the tuner in general. For the most bang for buck I had him install the 93 performance tune, which I pretty much use that octane exclusively. He also put the 93 tow and the "Lone Ranger" as extras. The LR tune basically is an adaptive tune in case Im somewhere and 93 is not available.

Key Items for me:

- throttle response is pretty much instant - I was about to buy a pedal commander, but opted for a tuner since it was only a little more

- no more feeling like I am driving a bloated 2000 honda civic in 1st & 2nd gear. I dare say it feels comparable to my patrol car which is a Hemi V8. Actually, my patrol car still has an e-controlled throttle like the Ranger, so my truck actually responds faster now than my work car, but the truck pulls hard as hell if I want it to.

- no more gear hunting on hills - hell I was expecting the trans to be all goofy till it re-learned due to the flash. It drove just fine on way home

- 149 mile one way trip from my home to 5-Star. I made sure to reset MPG before leaving. 16.6 MPG on the way there. After tune I got 18.2 MPG. 70mph cruise control both ways. My truck already gets horrible MPG due to the custom rack and other mods, so this was icing on the cake. I suspect this has a lot to do with the gear hunting issue being resolved

- they gave me the $100 off from the Ranger5G.com thread that they last responded to in July of 2020. Very generous on their part since it did not appear the discount has been active since then.

- my BDX SCT tuner had the tire size update already on it. Aaron was surprised because he thought only the next model up from SCT could do it. I told him that this special feature was showing up on some peoples tuners who were updated to the newest firmware (but strangely some users reporting they still don't see it)

Basically this product paid for itself and then something, Pedal Commander and a Speedometer Calibrator would have cost me close to what I paid for the SCT Tuner, $449.99

I know there has been some stink on here recently about tuner brand arguments, but at least for now, I have nothing but good things to say about 5 Star.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
They say that things come in threes.

I finally broke down and ordered some RTR Tech 6 wheels in 17x9 0+ this evening.

Levittown currently has the Roush Intake on sale for $319 - I'm hoving over the buy button, but damn, muh wallet is crying.

ColorlessWebbedClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
They say that things come in threes.

I finally broke down and ordered some RTR Tech 6 wheels in 17x9 0+ this evening.

Levittown currently has the Roush Intake on sale for $319 - I'm hoving over the buy button, but damn, muh wallet is crying.

View attachment 70472
I think you will be happy you went the 17s over the 20s. It will save you some headache for those offroad days.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think you will be happy you went the 17s over the 20s. It will save you some headache for those offroad days.
At first I was like, "Ok like all things in life its about negotiation and moderation." So then I stared at the check out cart with some 18" wheels and new rubber for them. Then as usual the more fiscal part of my brain started clunking and making noise about ditching the almost new Toyo tires I already have. I guess if I can get my left-overs sold I've pretty much covered the cost of the new wheels.

Speaking of which anyone in the southeast after a set of 17" Magnetic Sport factory wheels and 2" wheel spacers? lol 3600 miles on both. Near perfect condition. :cool:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
It looks good there, I really like it myself.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Finally finished wiring my rear running lights. This was the next step in electrical work for me actually tapping into the factory system and cutting the lines and splicing in that I needed to Had me cringe with each cut and every time even though I knew nothing would go wrong. I ended up tapping into the rear left tail light which is the same place you would tap into if you bought the Roush fender flares that have the markers so I pretty much use their instructions.

jack i will say it again, i wish u were my neighbor, i would bring over beer and watch ya (share the beer of course

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
jack i will say it again, i wish u were my neighbor, i would bring over beer and watch ya (share the beer of course
You would hear a whole Lotta cussing too. Yesterday I redid some wiring for a light bar I repositioned after taking off my nudge bar and I had to work in a tight area and I’ll be damned if there are like a million things to cut your hands up you can’t even see.

82CF0B03-1FF5-4C9E-A560-F404A24A876E.jpeg

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
You would hear a whole Lotta cussing too. Yesterday I redid some wiring for a light bar I repositioned after taking off my nudge bar and I had to work in a tight area and I’ll be damned if there are like a million things to cut your hands up you can’t even see.

82CF0B03-1FF5-4C9E-A560-F404A24A876E.jpeg
and my buzzed ass would be there to cheer you on, ya know since we are neighbors and i wouldnt be driving home and ur a cop and such lololololol

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Great looking build! Random question for you... what's the height measurement on that side stripe Ranger decal? Looks about 4 inches? I may repurpose it somewhere else.
Sponsored