Advertisement

There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some other angles. While the over all unit weights about 40lbs and the bolts are nice and thick where it counts, the design is more for display than anything. I believe it offers low impact protection, but I'm under no illusion it would perform as well as thicker more expensive brands. I could always go in and start welding in more support, but I might just replace it down the road.

IMG-2533.jpg

IMG-2534.jpg

IMG-2536.jpg

Also it basically turns your bump sensors useless, but I may work on drilling holes and extending wiring to maybe do a relocation on them.

Advertisement

Last edited:
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Had a free moment to start toying with the factory decal and a roll of matte black vinyl I got in the other day. All Ive done so far is extend the black stripe from the door to the front fender well. I actually think it looks really good with the unpainted fender flare.

IMG-2543.jpg

T Bone

First Name
tb
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
work
Here are some other angles. While the over all unit weights about 40lbs and the bolts are nice and thick where it counts, the design is more for display than anything. I believe it offers low impact protection, but I'm under no illusion it would perform as well as thicker more expensive brands. I could always go in and start welding in more support, but I might just replace it down the road.

IMG-2533.jpg

IMG-2534.jpg

View attachment 55020

IMG-2536.jpg

Also it basically turns your bump sensors useless, but I may work on drilling holes and extending wiring to maybe do a relocation on them.
hey i like that bull bar, link to where you got it?

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
On tomorrows docket...

FUSE-WIRING.jpg

91hd-Q-jkrz-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

I have the 20" bar, but Im sending it back after finding some quality issues with it. Instead I ordered some more lights from the same company as my 6.5" flood spot combo bars. So I'm going to have 2 x 4" spot pattern pods and 2 x 5" flood pattern bars that will be in the middle section of the bull bar (where the removal mesh grating is). Yellow like my current ones. Will be controlled by a self contained 4-gang rocker switch box.

Switch 1 will be end up the spots, Switch 2 will be the floods + flood spot combo. Switch 3 and 4 will eventually be for back-ups and bed lights.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring is about halfway done today. I ended up using an unused robber gromment under the truck that comes up under the carpet driver side. Firewall grommet to much of a PITA. Actually the whole thing is a PITA, but Im learning something new.

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok finally finished up today. Once the diagram was created that part was simple. The creating of the various harness pieces then routing/wiring it all (the clean way) was a PITA. However, adding additional accessories will now be as simple as running a single line now.

The firewall grommet is a PITA, so I discovered through the power of the internet there is an unused grommet right under the driver side floor board (pointing to general area in second picture). However, take note, not only do you want a slit in the carpet padding, you want to continue one more layer through a sheet of rubber/ sound deadening material. The carpet is the top of three layers. Then its as simple pushing them through. I didn't even need a guide line, the wiring came up in the foot well on its own as long as I started it in that direction.

I used a fuse tap as a trigger source for the relay so the lights only work with the key turned and used the very bottom left fuse as its listed as unused by the vehicle (#37 I think). I will say if you have the time and money to burn, a pre-made harness would make it a lot easier, but I wanted to learn something new so I did it all from scratch. I routed all the lights to following the back of the bull bar, down one side, and up through the underside. Can't really see anything unless looking at it from side. I tried to make the harness as slim as possible, but I used 12 gauge for everything so it is what it is. I may re-do it some day after I read and learn more on making a good clean low profile harness.

IMG-2592.jpg

IMG-2593.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Had a minute once it was dark to find a field and sort of bore sight the lights, when I get some more time I'll do it propper. Not bad for little cheap amazon lights (Nilight). Flood/Spots on the outside and dual spot pods in middle.

IMG-2594.jpg

IMG-2595.jpg

Hooked these floods up today (not wired yet). Turns out our rear bumpers allow for a no drill install. There are some plastic trim screws under there that connect the top rear bumper trim (step area) to the main bumper. Pop those out, install light bar, done.

IMG-2588.jpg

As mentioned early, RCI cab height rack has been ordered, but lead time is 4-6 weeks I think. I'll probably toss a couple of more floods on it as well. Why? Because why not damnit.

Should be ordering an ARB Awning and ARB Delux Awning tent soon. Think I'm going to just go for broke and order me some 17x9-0+ RTR wheels too. Debating charcoal vs. black. I'd go 18" but I don't feel like rebuying new tires and the ones I have are practically brand new.

So if anyone wants to buy some 17" sport magnetic wheels (1600 miles) and a nice quality set of 2" wheel spacers let me know! :crazy:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Had a free moment to start toying with the factory decal and a roll of matte black vinyl I got in the other day. All Ive done so far is extend the black stripe from the door to the front fender well. I actually think it looks really good with the unpainted fender flare.

IMG-2543.jpg
That looks really good!

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
So here is the final decision I made on side graphics.

I like the overall theme of the factory decals, but don't like some of the execution on part of it. I also liked the full graphics I designed that went all the way to the end of the truck on the rockers, but it lost some of that pizzazz I liked about the factory design.

I basically split the ideas down the middle. The idea I tooted around with:

IMG-2501-2.jpg

Final results (sorry its raining and tight space in my little make-shift "garage-zebo":

IMG-2614.jpg

I've got a hood design Im mulling over and have some vinyl coming in tomorrow to try it out. We'll see if it pans out, but it basically follows the same theme as the sides, solid lines with break marks. Kind of like these from Amazon, but my design is far less "busy".

61rEsZ09QeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Well what I have so far. Some imperfections I need to go back and trim out. However can't really tell unless you get your face up on it. Not bad I guess for someone with zero vinyl experience. Just used some of that Vvivid PRO stuff you get on Amazon. Bit of an optical illusion from the front as you can see from other angles there is about a 25 degree rake on the spacing.

Debating to leave it like this or add a little more to round off the front with something. I got a few things Im mulling over.

I could add some white lettering (like the raptor decal in previous post) - but I think "Ranger" is on it enough at this point. Turbo? Turbocharged? Sport? Giant smiley face?

IMG-2631.jpg

IMG-2627.jpg

OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I like the full length or previous version. What ya'll think?

IMG-2640.jpg

Edit: Ended up ripping the the extra off, didn't like it. Too sports car'ish.

Last edited:
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RWD XLT
Occupation
We Wo We Wo We Wo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have ACC, but I would assume like all bull bars or brush guards on market you would need to invest in an AAC relocation bracket, which is out there.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement