There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
In another hour heading into where I work to get some night photos and shoot some drone footage. Will be a mix of urban / decay city and some rural.

Let me put it this way, I will be wearing a uniformed collared shirt and my badge and gun to some places I am going.

tumblr_m3zwokB9Zu1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well that was a total bust.

My drones tracking capabilities won't engage without sufficient ambient lighting. The tracking capability is what gives drone the ability to smoothly and symmetrically rotate around a locked on object.

Back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Really nothing to update than to say all projects are on hold until I see if the new garage is going to be built. Once I get that greenlight (hopefully next week) I have a fair amount of land work to do to get access and pad ready so that will be taking up my time and energy.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Color me intrigued. I would not need anything like this but I enjoy following your journey.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Color me intrigued. I would not need anything like this but I enjoy following your journey.
Hi Steven,

What I like is that Jack does not just propose this, he makes this happen Not for me, but I love his ingenuity on his Mods.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pushing that small section out has definitely given me more peace of mind when maneuvering towards the back. I still need to go back and readjust the boards and also the would needs a good power washing along with the rest of my house.

I guess also in the coming month or so I need to go get some more crusher run so I can connect the two areas.

IMG_20210827_170310.jpg
Hi Jack,

What could go wrong around the A/C compressor....Well...here is what we do to protect things. Works very well, eh?

Safeway.jpg

So get yourself a shopping cart....not a big yellow bullard!

Oh yea and some yellow crime scene tape...being a LEO...

BTW, the store front is lined with these yellow bullards too and someone plowed them and ended in the Starbucks coffee inside the building...And she did this twice, a month apart....Glad no one was hurt.....

Best,
Phil

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jack,

What could go wrong around the A/C compressor....Well...here is what we do to protect things. Works very well, eh?

Safeway.jpg

So get yourself a shopping cart....not a big yellow bullard!

Oh yea and some yellow crime scene tape...being a LEO...

BTW, the store front is lined with these yellow bullards too and someone plowed them and ended in the Starbucks coffee inside the building...And she did this twice, a month apart....Glad no one was hurt.....

Best,
Phil
Holy crap.

Well I did order this to put on the a/c corners and the corners of the fence where they come back out.

Swpeet 20Pcs Universal Red + White Plastic Rectangular Stick

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XB55X19/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_FW36HQ3MVVA5SGS63JBA

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Alternative version built around Diode Dynamics lighting.

I think next up I might have a little fun and try and design my RTR wheels in this software.

Very nice...looks like you've learned some new tricks?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2 of 8 LED shop lights installed (and 2 spares). Caught the 10-pack on sale on Amazon. Probably use the spares on a workbench or something. Should provide plenty of light for upcoming Ranger projects.

IMG_20210831_164625.jpg

IMG_20210831_205609.jpg
Hi Jack,

When I built my RV garage, I speced lights over the RV...well....what a mistake....The RV is so tall it only illuminates the roof of the RV...not the sides.... I need to modify this, but so far the overhead lights are flat useless.... Sheesh. I did something like you are doing for Margie's Studio... The illumination is fantastic. Round LED lights in the ceiling that make the studio daylight at the flip of a switch... Gotta do the same for the RV garage.... My shop has something similar to your garage...plenty of bright light with 8 four foot lights...

best,
Phil

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jack,

When I built my RV garage, I speced lights over the RV...well....what a mistake....The RV is so tall it only illuminates the roof of the RV...not the sides.... I need to modify this, but so far the overhead lights are flat useless.... Sheesh. I did something like you are doing for Margie's Studio... The illumination is fantastic. Round LED lights in the ceiling that make the studio daylight at the flip of a switch... Gotta do the same for the RV garage.... My shop has something similar to your garage...plenty of bright light with 8 four foot lights...

best,
Phil
I had read similar stories over on the garage forums so I intentionally ran doubles on the slope sides to try and offset that from happening. I was half tempted to run the lights on the support brackets, but felt it would be to much "in your face" light.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
get a door on that quick.
its bug season here and those lights would attract every flying insect for miles....in minutes....lol
18 ft sliding barn door hardware will be here today. That will be my project this weekend when I'm off. Decided to install the sliding barn doors internally instead of on the outside. Now one might ask how am I going to slide them open internally when I have a 10-ft wide door but only four spare feet on each side?

Well ladies and gentlemen and I say this with jest but I'm about to attempt the world's first sliding barn doors that are also bi-fold, but only the last foot on each side will fold.

Then you ask yourself well how is he going to have the door be rigid when it's fully closed if one foot on each side can fold inward. I guess you'll just have to wait and find out

I know I'm crazy it's all good.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Farm door rails are up. I had the frame for one door made, but the way I designed it was getting me to the point of cussing at thin air for an hour why I tried to figure out what invisible force was giving me so much trouble. So I stopped for the evening and will re-engineer in the morning. I've learned once I hit the stage if I don't walk away then stuff starts getting damaged until it fits right and I have too much money tied up in this project.

IMG_20210903_194607.jpg
Hard lesson to learn, but we'll worth it to walk away, especially if first thought is to cut something...

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hard lesson to learn, but we'll worth it to walk away, especially if first thought is to cut something...
More like hulk smash.

Square won't go in circle? The hell it won't. It will when I'm done with it.
Sponsored