First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
I can't give you an off road review but I can say that I didn't consider any other mid-size truck other than the Ranger, on or off the road. The review is a mixed bag but if you accept the premise that this Ranger version is a good stop-gap (which the author admits) then the next generation should be better than anything out there. Ford, damn sure, knows how to build trucks and the next Ranger will show that, unequivocally.

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Someone who overlooks all the issues if the current Tacos, or the low ground clearance/transmission issues of Chevy.

Actually the first negative tone article I have seen. Everywhere else is totally surprised of the Tremors preformance off road, on road, and value.

You can tell the author choose of words even when not talking about actual features is negative to the brand.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can't give you an off road review but I can say that I didn't consider any other mid-size truck other than the Ranger, on or off the road. The review is a mixed bag but if you accept the premise that this Ranger version is a good stop-gap (which the author admits) then the next generation should be better than anything out there. Ford, damn sure, knows how to build trucks and the next Ranger will show that, unequivocally.
This is how I feel too. This Gen Ranger was just a N'America comeback copied from the ROTW Rangers. When the next Generation comes out I expect to see Ford do something similar to what they're doing with the Bronco, just not as many models. There's so much more tech in them and the GOAT modes are no gimmick. Even the professional drivers said at first they thought it was a gimmick but were highly impressed with it after using them. I'm betting a Ranger Raptor is almost guaranteed with the V6 which will eat up anything Toyota and GM have out there.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Someone who overlooks all the issues if the current Tacos, or the low ground clearance/transmission issues of Chevy.

Actually the first negative tone article I have seen. Everywhere else is totally surprised of the Tremors preformance off road, on road, and value.

You can tell the author choose of words even when not talking about actual features is negative to the brand.
Aaaaaaamen!

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Yahoo Lifestyle....pfft. No meat, no potatoes in that veiled advertisement for GM. No defined testing protocol either. Might as well call Stevie Wonder and ask him which one looks best.

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Actually the vast majority of reviews has the newest ranger at the top of the mid sized pickup segment... Guess Benjamin wanted to be different. almost every 4x4 review is very positive if you want to get some real world feed back YouTube has a bunch of video's and the ranger seems to do very well... it's no jeep but then again it wasn't meant to be.

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I read the review. Hmmmm… I’m biased, I have one, but my TRD OR 3rd gen couldn’t make it past the gateway obstacle at my favorite place to go wheeling. Basically made wheeling with my two boys relegated to other areas that any pick-up could go. It couldn’t tow well at all and the etune infotainment system sucked. My Tremor clears that obstacle with ease, tows like a champ, has Ford Sync (epic by comparison), and has done nothing but impress me. I guess I don’t get it. I could if bought a TRD Pro, I chose the Tremor. Guess you know where my vote went.?

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
This is how I feel too. This Gen Ranger was just a N'America comeback copied from the ROTW Rangers. When the next Generation comes out I expect to see Ford do something similar to what they're doing with the Bronco, just not as many models. There's so much more tech in them and the GOAT modes are no gimmick. Even the professional drivers said at first they thought it was a gimmick but were highly impressed with it after using them. I'm betting a Ranger Raptor is almost guaranteed with the V6 which will eat up anything Toyota and GM have out there.
I agree.

My plan is to keep my 2022 Tremor for 3-5 ,years and then grab the next gen ranger after the bugs are figured out.

This current gen Ranger will suit me just fine until then imo

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree.

My plan is to keep my 2022 Tremor for 3-5 ,years and then grab the next gen ranger after the bugs are figured out.

This current gen Ranger will suit me just fine until then imo

That's pretty much what I'm looking at too. I really want to see if there's going to be a Raptor Ranger. I know they say there's one coming but anything can change between now and then. Also the PHEV Ranger looks like it's coming and I'd love to see that one too.

I know some have had good luck with new Gens but I never had. My 2016 Tacoma had it's share of problems and don't get me started with my Yamaha Viper sled. The engine was based of the SRX triple which I had 2 of and that thing was the lemon of all lemons! Second trip out I blew it up, melted two pistons on a trip up in Pittsburg NH. Had several other problems throughout that season and finally dumped it. Maybe it's my dumb luck because two good friends of mine had the same sled and they ran fine.

With Covid and all the parts constraints and the job shortages it just seems like a lot of things are dicey now. My new Jeep was just made last week on the 23rd and yes, I'm nervous about that. Only good thing is with the used market right now being so high and me getting it a 4% under invoice if there's problems with it I could dump it and probably get my money back.

fraudguy77

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Insurance Field
Eh, the Ranger w/ Tremor package (or FX4 with some suspension mods) is probably the best truck in the class. Reliability is there, exterior design aesthetic is on point, rear locker is sufficient for 98% of situations (and a front locker can be placed for 2 grand w/ installation, I think, from ARB), great suspension setup, and maybe most importantly... it can actually be used as a work truck in terms of towing capacity. It's a jack of all trades, in a good way - similar to the VW GTI in the realm of cars. You can say the interior sucks in the Tremor, in comparison to some other trucks in the market, but I dig it - always thought a luxurious feeling interior/high-tech interior was a bit strange for a truck. Only downside... the closing of the doors is a bit hilarious in how tinny they sound.

Only real competitor to consider is the TRD Pro, but those things are insanely expensive where I live, pretty sure I couldn't find a lightly used one for under 50k or so.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Offroad does good from what ive seen and done myself (mild)
Sponsored