John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Occupation
Courier
  • Banned
So who has done a big road trip in their Tremors?
A buddy and I are going to be doing a 3000-3500mile road trip. No real destinations. Just hitting the highways and see where it leads.
Any tips
Or advise
And what’s a 12-15hr day of highway drives like in these Tremors?
Sponsored

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
I haven’t yet took a long road trip with mine but I traveled to Hilton Head SC from Kentucky back in 2020 with my 2019 Sport and the truck road great up and down through the mountains. And IMO my Tremor rides a lot better so I would say it would be a great vacation vehicle

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A buddy and I are going to be doing a 3000-3500mile road trip. No real destinations. Just hitting the highways and see where it leads.
Any tips
Or advise
I'm on one now with mine and should be 5,000 miles when done. Heck we're not even 2 week into it and I've already done 2,100 miles. We're doing a month long trip through WY, MT, SD, CO and back home through NM. Personally I think it's super comfortable especially the seats, I've been driving about 8-10 hrs/day. Mine is bone stock for now and even un-tuned I'm loving the smooth shifting and ride. I've been averaging 70-80 mph and have been getting some crazy good mpg averaging 25-26. No real tips but just have fun!

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Any tips
Or advise
Did two 600+ miles day in mine and it was super comfortable. My only problem was where my knee was sitting against the console it started getting sore and my passenger did not report anything. It's a really good road trip truck.

OP
OP
John Earley

John Earley

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Occupation
Courier
  • Banned
I'm on one now with mine and should be 5,000 miles when done. Heck we're not even 2 week into it and I've already done 2,100 miles. We're doing a month long trip through WY, MT, SD, CO and back home through NM. Personally I think it's super comfortable especially the seats, I've been driving about 8-10 hrs/day. Mine is bone stock for now and even un-tuned I'm loving the smooth shifting and ride. I've been averaging 70-80 mph and have been getting some crazy good mpg averaging 25-26. No real tips but just have fun!
Nice. We are thinking.
up to West Virginia check things out
Over to Memphis
Down to DFW/Austin/Houston
Make a left for Lafayette/Baton Rouge/Nola
On to Biloxi
Mobile
Then back home

87TxAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrack, 23 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I’ve done six 3+ hour trips in the first month of ownership. One of those was a 4 hour trip each way to Dallas and back in a day. I relate the ride to an F250 Screw I had that just kinda glided down the road. The Ranger really likes running 80 - 82 mph. My mileage is running around 22 on road trips. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
John Earley

John Earley

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Occupation
Courier
  • Banned
Did two 600+ miles day in mine and it was super comfortable. My only problem was where my knee was sitting against the console it started getting sore and my passenger did not report anything. It's a really good road trip truck.
I hate how close my knee is to the HVAC controls on the dash. And I really wish the G5 has stop and go adaptive cruise. Not just adaptive

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice. We are thinking.
up to West Virginia check things out
Over to Memphis
Down to DFW/Austin/Houston
Make a left for Lafayette/Baton Rouge/Nola
On to Biloxi
Mobile
Then back home
Sounds like a fun road trip especially since you're just "winging it". Sometimes those turn out to be the best ones! We want to go over to LA and see that area one day then head down to FL.

I was kind of nervous getting the Tremor after my '19 was totaled having never driven one and not know what to expect. We flew out to Spokane, WA and picked it up and drove it back to AZ, about 1,300 miles. Within the first hour I had a smile on my face because it was just as (if not more) comfortable than my '19. I'm still super impressed with the suspension and how plush/smooth it is even over my Eibach.

OP
OP
John Earley

John Earley

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Occupation
Courier
  • Banned
Sounds like a fun road trip especially since you're just "winging it". Sometimes those turn out to be the best ones! We want to go over to LA and see that area one day then head down to FL.

I was kind of nervous getting the Tremor after my '19 was totaled having never driven one and not know what to expect. We flew out to Spokane, WA and picked it up and drove it back to AZ, about 1,300 miles. Within the first hour I had a smile on my face because it was just as (if not more) comfortable than my '19. I'm still super impressed with the suspension and how plush/smooth it is even over my Eibach.
I agree these Tremors are absolutely amazing to drive I’ve had mine almost a year now and have 7800ish miles on it. But but no real long trips.
we are also definitely going to stop at Wright Patterson AF base for the plane museum.
I have been to all these places. My buddy has not. But I highly recommend Nola It’s a great city. All of Louisiana is amazing. And personally I think WV and La has the nicest people in the 🇺🇸.
and both states have some wild accents! Cajuns are so fun to talk and listen to. You’ll only understand half of what their saying Especially the older ones they use some French and English together which is absolutely amazing to hear. But I understand none of it

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Michigan to Florida and back this winter. About 3000 miles and a great ride. I installed seat jackers and it made a difference. I’m 6’3 and it gives more support for the back of my legs .

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Any tips
Or advise
Drove to the Smokey Mountains last year with the wife. Nine hour trip both ways and drove throughout the park all week in extreme elevation and different weather conditions. Tremor was awesome and comfortable. Pictures posted in my album here. Enjoy!

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Louisiana is an underrated state just like the Tremor is an underrated road trip vehicle. I have taken several 10+ hour road trips in my Tremor and have never been uncomfortable in the seats. Highway noise is not bad at all. Very impressed that the general grabbers aren’t louder than they are based on how the tread looks. Lane keeping is in keeping with what you’d expect from a first generation system which is to say not great but I think comparable to most 2019 (or older?) systems. I think my tremor is much happier at 70 than it is at 80 as far as gas mileage, but as far as road noise and stability, I have never felt anything but smooth sailing at higher speeds. Honestly in choosing between the tremor and my wife’s Lexus NX for a road trip vehicle it is truly a toss up. Highly doubt it’d be the same with a Tacoma or GM.

if you pass through Nola, make sure to spend most of your time uptown/garden district and take small doses of the French quarter. And with the tremor, you won’t have to worry about all the potholes of the soupy below sea level streets.

I agree these Tremors are absolutely amazing to drive I’ve had mine almost a year now and have 7800ish miles on it. But but no real long trips.
we are also definitely going to stop at Wright Patterson AF base for the plane museum.
I have been to all these places. My buddy has not. But I highly recommend Nola It’s a great city. All of Louisiana is amazing. And personally I think WV and La has the nicest people in the 🇺🇸.
and both states have some wild accents! Cajuns are so fun to talk and listen to. You’ll only understand half of what their saying Especially the older ones they use some French and English together which is absolutely amazing to hear. But I understand none of it

OP
OP
John Earley

John Earley

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Occupation
Courier
Louisiana is an underrated state just like the Tremor is an underrated road trip vehicle. I have taken several 10+ hour road trips in my Tremor and have never been uncomfortable in the seats. Highway noise is not bad at all. Very impressed that the general grabbers aren’t louder than they are based on how the tread looks. Lane keeping is in keeping with what you’d expect from a first generation system which is to say not great but I think comparable to most 2019 (or older?) systems. I think my tremor is much happier at 70 than it is at 80 as far as gas mileage, but as far as road noise and stability, I have never felt anything but smooth sailing at higher speeds. Honestly in choosing between the tremor and my wife’s Lexus NX for a road trip vehicle it is truly a toss up. Highly doubt it’d be the same with a Tacoma or GM.

if you pass through Nola, make sure to spend most of your time uptown/garden district and take small doses of the French quarter. And with the tremor, you won’t have to worry about all the potholes of the soupy below sea level streets.
Yes. Nola is notorious for awful streets. Nola is a blast and garden district is a great place to look at beautiful homes and pay $10 for ice coffee and unsweetened tea!

Dave859

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manufacturing
I've had mine on a few 1,000 mile trips. It rides great and is very comfortable. I think it's an awesome road trip vehicle.
Sponsored