First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Maybe I should have been more clear on the question. Since Tremor has different springs and shocks, rides higher on different wheels and larger tires, has a different d/s joint, etc. I wanted to know from this particular community about the driveline issues being more or less or same on Tremor as others.
The drive line is the same.
Sponsored

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Other than the CV joint in lieu of the universal on one end of the resr driveshaft. This change could make the difference in the vibration the OP is concerned about.
As I read it, he is concerned about all the issues. To which then yes Tremor will suffer the same possible problems. Vibration could be different like you said.

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
I test drove a non tremor before, and I am happy I got the tremor. It pretty smooth in comparison.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I would guess that the start-up shudder and high-speed vibes would be less on a Tremor because it uses a CV at the rear axle. A major reason for the shudder and vibes in other Rangers is that the U-joints on the rear half of the DS are intentionally out of phase. CV should eliminate this aspect of the DS and its potential issues.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I would guess that the start-up shudder and high-speed vibes would be less on a Tremor because it uses a CV at the rear axle. A major reason for the shudder and vibes in other Rangers is that the U-joints on the rear half of the DS are intentionally out of phase. CV should eliminate this aspect of the DS and its potential issues.
Interesting you mention u-joints being out of phase. I am building a Factory Five Racing 33 Speedstar kit. There are 5 u-joints in the steering from the end of the steering column to the input to the steering rack. Folks that have older kits all the joints are in phase and they report slight binding every revolution of the wheel. My kit came with a twisted double D shaft that goes between the second and third joints and puts those two joints out of phase. My steering is silky smooth from lock to lock.

I asked FFR why they made the change when the steering u-joint manufacturer was so adamant about them all being in phase. They simple said it works better with one pair being out of phase.

Twisted D Short Shaft.jpg
Sponsored