Tremor road trip

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
I agree these Tremors are absolutely amazing to drive I’ve had mine almost a year now and have 7800ish miles on it. But but no real long trips.
we are also definitely going to stop at Wright Patterson AF base for the plane museum.
I have been to all these places. My buddy has not. But I highly recommend Nola It’s a great city. All of Louisiana is amazing. And personally I think WV and La has the nicest people in the 🇺🇸.
and both states have some wild accents! Cajuns are so fun to talk and listen to. You’ll only understand half of what their saying Especially the older ones they use some French and English together which is absolutely amazing to hear. But I understand none of it
We mountaineers don't have accents, y'all do. Lol enjoy your trip and especially WV. It truly is almost heaven!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
Have done several long trips. The Ranger is comfortable and reasonably quiet at highway speeds. Downsides are: 1. Not much room in the back seat to put items for the trip. 2. Mileage worse than an F-150.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I've done some long trips in the Ranger (XLT Sport) and wow it is one of the best long trip vehicles I've ever been in. Last week, I took a 4hr trip (Orlando traffic during rush hour ughh) from the St Pete Area to Melbourne and I actually remarked when it was done that I did not feel fatigued at all and could probably hop back in and drive back without any hesitation. I flip on Adaptive cruise and lane keep for highway trips and it's fantastic (even without having stop and go which I wish it did)

EDIT: Just adding my fuel economy on most highway trips is around 25.5-27 depending on wind direction and speed (80 vs 65 respectively).

Last edited:

Smallsoldier

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Procurement
So who has done a big road trip in their Tremors?
A buddy and I are going to be doing a 3000-3500mile road trip. No real destinations. Just hitting the highways and see where it leads.
Any tips
Or advise
And what’s a 12-15hr day of highway drives like in these Tremors?
I just did 10 hours last weekend. Vehicle rides decent....was not over tired from it. I averged almost 23 miles per gallon. Seems to do well on the highway. I will be doing another trip this fall to Colorado.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
If you are lucky, you’ll find yourself on a dirt road with a bit of washboard. Step on the skinny pedal until you hit the magical speed - you’ll know it when it happens.

Only issue I had on my long road trip was the weight in the bed causing a bit of droop and bringing the headlights up. Got flashed a lot from oncoming drivers.

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
I just did 10 hours last weekend. Vehicle rides decent....was not over tired from it. I averged almost 23 miles per gallon. Seems to do well on the highway. I will be doing another trip this fall to Colorado.

Were you using regular gasoline or premium? I've never gotten 23 mpg using regular.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Nice. We are thinking.
up to West Virginia check things out
Over to Memphis. Nashville
Down to DFW/Austin/Houston
Make a left for Lafayette/Baton Rouge/Nola
On to Biloxi
Mobile
Then back home
Fixed it for you.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Were you using regular gasoline or premium? I've never gotten 23 mpg using regular.
23 up to 25 mpg on the cheap stuff everyday.
Course I run the speed limit or maybe 5 above.

I made a few trips to Vermont for WV when my GF was working up there, 13-15 hours straight depending on how many stops side tracked me.
Ride was almost as bad as my old Tacoma. Need to look at those seat jackers

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
23 up to 25 mpg on the cheap stuff everyday.
Course I run the speed limit or maybe 5 above.

I made a few trips to Vermont for WV when my GF was working up there, 13-15 hours straight depending on how many stops side tracked me.
Ride was almost as bad as my old Tacoma. Need to look at those seat jackers
Intersting...we both have Tremors -- you get 23-25 on regular gas and I get 18.5 (and I go easy on the pedal). My ride is smooth as silk (no aftermarket anything), yours is rough. Is there that much variation from truck to truck?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Dave,
I drive pretty much all highway to work and back. In town it really drops as expected. I run 87 octane each fill up. I've also run the "tree hugger switch" both on and off and see no difference in mileage as well.
As far as comfort, its obviously subjective. I drove to my parents in northern Ohio from WV about a 3 hour trip, just the other day. My right leg and hip was painful and had some numbness when I got there. I adjusted to seat some and it helped.
Honestly the lack if good arm rests makes long rides a chore as well. My 13 F150 rode like a luxury automobile.
Sponsored