Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.leer.com/tonneau-cover/hf350m
Now they have a summer savings discount of $100 - for Internet orders with free shipping.:)
They also posted an extremely easy HF350M DIY installation video.
Too bad they still don't have a version for my Ranger ~6 foot truck bed, yet :frown:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
with free shipping
Interesting, they're willing to ship to Guam which is about 7500 miles away from them, but not Hawaii, which is roughly halfway lol

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
7500 miles away from them
Worst yet, they have a manufacturing plant in California - you should email them about their mistake;)

BTW - Bingo - One of LEER's special dealers on the island.
zip code Oahu, Hawaii 94814 & 94815
Aloha Topper Hawaii LLC
98-021 Kamehameha ave, #101 AIEA, HI 96701
Ask for your $100 discount;)

Last edited:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
have had a leer hard cap on my 09 ram, love it. wanted lo profile this time. thought i wanted a tri fold until i saw this one..truxedo xt15.

20190810_182341.jpg

20170809_144541.jpg

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Say I wanted put a push mower in the bed, can you fold one section over and drive on?

Is that one section secured anyway from flying up?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Worst yet, they have a manufacturing plant in California - you should email them about their mistake;)

BTW - Bingo - One of LEER's special dealers on the island.
zip code Oahu, Hawaii 94814 & 94815
Aloha Topper Hawaii LLC
98-021 Kamehameha ave, #101 AIEA, HI 96701
Ask for your $100 discount;)
Haha that discount will probably be added as paradise tax like everything else lol ;)

Kidding aside, that's a great find, thanks :D And funny too, they seem to be located right next to my dealer lol

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Update: This is immediately after some serious rainfall that lasted about 8 hours. A combo of driving through it and just sitting in the driveway. I knew that some water would make its way in there, and it got in exactly where I expected it to. Overall I'd say that I'm pretty impressed.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Let's face it, any tri-fold, due to the cover panel piano hinge design, will all leak. High quality ones will leak a lot less than the lower grade ones due to the vendor's engineering design efforts and cost savings.:wink: I would be in total shock :shock: if the LEER HF350M had zero leaks.;)
I am quoting myself - for any valuable - I always have a tarp handy and ready.;)
These minor leaks did not surprise me for the amount of rain you got:like:
I hope LEER will hurry up and manufacturers a ~6 foot HF350M for my Ranger.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Went together smoothly, and seems like a great design.
I just pre-ordered one for my Ranger 6' bed but it won't be available until late Sept./early Oct. The dealer wanted ~$120 for the installation and I said my nephew would do it for free.:)

How long did it take for your install?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
We are supposed to get some heavy rain tonight, so we shall see how the leak test goes. There's a couple places I'll be keeping an eye on, both at the front and rear of the bed, but otherwise it seems to look pretty good. Biggest area of concern is that there's nothing but a flap of rubber for a dust seal that goes over the bulk head, and between the cab.

Installation was pretty strait forward, but the two long foam seals w/3M tape (pictured above), had no mention in the instructions. They seem generic, and not vehicle specific, no special insert included either. Also came with a strip of butyl tape, but no mention of it in the installation either (maybe to affix parts of the rubber dust seal?). Sent an email to LEER asking for clarification, so we'll see what they say.

When I get home I'll look at the instructions again, and can take a few more pics if anyone wants a closeup of something.
From what I see from Leers website instructions you will need to fold two panels back, tie them down if you were drive with it open, or fold all three up.
I was wonder if you can fold only one panel over? I assume you could if you could tie them down?? Could you?

Smitty908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I just pre-ordered one for my Ranger 6' bed but it won't be available until late Sept./early Oct. The dealer wanted ~$120 for the installation and I said my nephew would do it for free.:)

Did it by myself and in the dark using a work light, and it only took about an hour.

It rained a little bit last night, with no water intrusion.

The kit had two long strips of sticky sided foam that are not mentioned in the instructions (and I didn’t see any need for).

However there was also a strip of really tacky black double sided adhesive stuff in the kit as well. It isn’t mentioned in the instructions either, and today I think I figured out what it’s for.

On my way in to work today, at interstate speed, apparently there is some air forced upward between the cab and bed, and it was causing the rubber “overhang” at the front of the bed to “flap” up and down and I could hear it. I’m going to use some of that adhesive strip and try to stick it down to the front of the bed tomorrow.

I’ll update once I drive it again.

Last edited:

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
From what I see from Leers website instructions you will need to fold two panels back, tie them down if you were drive with it open, or fold all three up.
I was wonder if you can fold only one panel over? I assume you could if you could tie them down?? Could you?
Hey sorry, thought I replied to your original question. I would not recommend driving with only one panel open, there aren't any tie downs to secure the first one. You could rig something, I'm sure. But it's design is meant for 2/3 the way open or all the way up.

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

Like Smitty908 said, took about an hour to do by myself. Probably less than 30 minutes if you had an extra set of hands.
Sponsored