LEER hard folding HF350M Tonneau Cover - a far superior/quality choice

Smitty908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Here’s a couple of pics.

Got the adhesive installed at the front lip of the bed. No more “flapping” noise from the rubber overhang.

2BjhQmL.jpg

5exUiFs.jpg

zy92Umn.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
As opposed to other Tonneau covers in the market, the LEER HF350M seems to be elevated, on the rails, for water to roll easily off the truck bed. I am using mine so I don't have to shovel #$@%$ snow from the truck bed in the winter time.;)
BTW - Smitty908 nice cooler and install:like:

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Let's face it, any tri-fold, due to the cover panel piano hinge design, will all leak. High quality ones will leak a lot less than the lower grade ones due to the vendor's engineering design efforts and cost savings.:wink: I would be in total shock :shock: if the LEER HF350M had zero leaks.;)
I have a BakFlip F1 on my 2013 F150 Supercrew that is bone dry. However, it took about a full hot summer for everything to seal up. At first it leaked a little over both wheel areas of the bed. I think it was because they are folded when shipped which causes the rubber seal to distort. Then it takes time and heat for it to seal properly. The cover has been good, but has some fading. It also is a bit inconvenient when closing the tailgate as you have to open the cover a bit for the tailgate to clear the rubber seal when closing. If I get a Ranger, I will check out the Leer cover. It looks really nice.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
The LEER six foot HF350M Tonneau trifold, for the 2019 Ford Ranger, is delayed but can be pre-ordered.;)

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
The Leer looks good but I’m still very happy with my MX4 and I like that it’s flat. I also like the matte finish.

Drains were easy to install in existing holes so that is a non issue. I barely get a drop in heavy rain, nearly dry.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Leer looks good but I’m still very happy with my MX4 and I like that it’s flat. I also like the matte finish.

Drains were easy to install in existing holes so that is a non issue. I barely get a drop in heavy rain, nearly dry.
I still have to run my drains. What holes did you use? My bed is spray liner. Are the upper side holes next to the bulk head drain all the way through? Haven't traced them yet...

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Yes. There are 2 on each side. I think I used the lower set. Hoses are very short in fact I used one for both sides. Yes they drain through.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
HR650M is now available for SuperCabs (unfortunately, at extra cost and the rebate doesn't apply): https://www.leer.com/tonneau-cover/h650m

4 panels instead of 3 is the obvious difference. Trying to decide between this and the Extang Xceed.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Just a friendly FYI for those with the HF350M covers, the manual says to do this and I've never bothered but periodically check to make sure the damn thing is still secured tightly. i had mine open and looked at the clamps and they were both loose.

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Speaking of the clamps - does anyone with an HF350M have a picture of the clamps that came with it?

I ordered the HF650M and attempted to install this morning, but am running into an issue with the mounting brackets. The problem is that the brackets have a 45 degree angle above the "teeth" on the side that mounts to the truck:
63MSfkab.jpg

And the lip on the frame is not deep enough to reach the teeth:
eptSwRAb.jpg

I've made sure I'm not trying to mount in a location where there are obstructions inside the truck. If I do try to attach the brackets, it's very easy to pull the bottom and have the teeth slip off the lip and the bracket falls off.

Not sure if Leer included incorrect brackets (I assume these are universal and not truck-specific), or if this is a new product issue since the 650M was just released.

Currently waiting to hear back from Leer.

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4
HR650M is now available for SuperCabs (unfortunately, at extra cost and the rebate doesn't apply): https://www.leer.com/tonneau-cover/h650m

4 panels instead of 3 is the obvious difference. Trying to decide between this and the Extang Xceed.
If you are military or a veteran the discount on the Extang Xceed is very significant if you call direct and ask. Made my decision for me in an instant, as I was looking at both of these.

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
If you are military or a veteran the discount on the Extang Xceed is very significant if you call direct and ask. Made my decision for me in an instant, as I was looking at both of these.
Long story short, I had a very poor experience with the Leer on the SuperCab. I could never get the brackets to mount securely. In addition, there are 4 flaps (vs 3 for the SuperCrew) and the first joint in from the tailgate didn't have any internal latches - making it very easy to slip a finger under and lift up the cover. No tonneau is going to be 100% secure, but it would have been very easy to access.

I returned the Leer and went with the Xceed, and I've been very pleased.
Sponsored