Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So, terrain management is possible to activate, but we aren’t sure yet about Trail Control?

Do we think these features will all work on a 4x4 that doesn’t have a locking diff?
I would think it should. I believe it uses the ABS system to push power to different tires and not the locking mechanism.
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
This sounds like an awesome DIY project. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
So my dad ordered all the parts from this thread... The parts guy told him it was on the steering wheel, and he needed different part numbers for the center console. He elected to ignore the parts guy and ordered the (correct??) part numbers.

When it gets here, I will pull his AsBuilt info to see what I can figure out about the trail control feature.

Does anybody have the factory AsBuilt data for a 2019 Lariat FX4 with B&O? I'd like to compare it to his 2019 Lariat Sport with B&O and locking rear diff to see what I can figure out about the trail control button.

OR maybe by the time the parts get here, one of you geniuses will have already figured it out and I can proceed to mangle his center console to get the new parts put in :)

Speaking of which, is there a howto for removing the center console? Maybe someone should make a video.
I have a 2019 Lariat FX4 with B&O, not entirely sure how to post my asbuilt data, however. I have made a few changes, too, but would my VIN help?

Are you trying to remove the entire center console, or just the part with the 4WD knob and buttons? That part just pries up, starting at the seam with the cupholders.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have a 2019 Lariat FX4 with B&O, not entirely sure how to post my asbuilt data, however. I have made a few changes, too, but would my VIN help?

Are you trying to remove the entire center console, or just the part with the 4WD knob and buttons? That part just pries up, starting at the seam with the cupholders.
A few posts up, there’s a motor craft service as built website. Put in your vin or pm it to me and I’ll pull it. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
devbloggs

devbloggs

First Name
Devbloggs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine from the dealer today. Quick easy install, just enabled selectable drive mode in IPC and it worked. Nice trim upgrade as well, looks better then the plain black plastic one.
20200523_132059.jpg
20200523_132106.jpg
20200523_132326.jpg
20200523_132031.jpg

rzlv

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Does anyone know if this upgrade would be possible on XL/STX trims? I know if you order them with the fx4 package they also upgrade the dash. Would the basic dash prevent the ability to select drive modes?

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this upgrade would be possible on XL/STX trims? I know if you order them with the fx4 package they also upgrade the dash. Would the basic dash prevent the ability to select drive modes?
Don't think so. I have the XLT so the 2 gauges and the screen in the middle. Same as yours probably. The offroad screen installed fine. You should be good.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Does the entire center console need to be pulled to get at the switch?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer