First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator
go to parts.ford.com . You should see a pop up that tells you can the $20 off when creating a new account
Interesting I'm not seeing it, maybe it was a one time thing?

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Following this thread!!

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator
Hopefully someone can figure out how to get all of the pieces put together for this, looks like its very close.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Love this, would be great if we could put this into our non fx4 rigs. Thanks for trying to figure this out, or figuring this out as it seems based on a closer review :) Would love some before and after on console and dash.

@Michael Crowe Did the TM actually change anything with how the vehicle handled different terrain? Did it manage the traction and limit slip on the front end?

Thanks

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
So my dad ordered all the parts from this thread... The parts guy told him it was on the steering wheel, and he needed different part numbers for the center console. He elected to ignore the parts guy and ordered the (correct??) part numbers.

When it gets here, I will pull his AsBuilt info to see what I can figure out about the trail control feature.

Does anybody have the factory AsBuilt data for a 2019 Lariat FX4 with B&O? I'd like to compare it to his 2019 Lariat Sport with B&O and locking rear diff to see what I can figure out about the trail control button.

OR maybe by the time the parts get here, one of you geniuses will have already figured it out and I can proceed to mangle his center console to get the new parts put in :)

Speaking of which, is there a howto for removing the center console? Maybe someone should make a video.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of which, is there a howto for removing the center console? Maybe someone should make a video.
I am wondering if it has to be fully removed. Right now just thinking of doing the knob and TM button. Thought I may be able to remove that without moving the center console.

@Michael Crowe - any insight on the center console? Also, after the changes did the TM system function properly with traction control or was it just the screen that changes?

Thanks

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Somewhere above is this quote:"I installed the terrain management switch today and then went into forscan IPC and enable selectable drive mode. It works excellent."

I am wondering if it has to be fully removed. Right now just thinking of doing the knob and TM button. Thought I may be able to remove that without moving the center console.

@Michael Crowe - any insight on the center console? Also, after the changes did the TM system function properly with traction control or was it just the screen that changes?

Thanks
I'll be doing all this soon, so hopefully more people working on a problem is a good thing in this case.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4

Thanks
The TM seems to work like it is suppose to. As the console. The top around the shifter prys up.

EKSU

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 White Platinum
So, terrain management is possible to activate, but we aren’t sure yet about Trail Control?

Do we think these features will all work on a 4x4 that doesn’t have a locking diff?
Sponsored